Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 05-16-2010, 08:32 PM   #16
jdawg
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: gavin v o'donnell york hall 17/3/2011

Frankie Gavins the real deal, by his own admission he's no banger but his footwork, accuracy, hand speed and most impressively his boxing brain are so advanced for someone at the stage of career he's at. Seems to have a great chemistry with Anthony Farnell which helps, this guys wasting his time with the likes of tait on Saturday he aint gonna learn anything and wont get the rounds to test his endurance or what he's learnt in the gym. As for O'Donnell yea hes a decent enough fighter but what he does Gavin does better kinda already. Sorry portside, props for ya support to O'Donnell though he alright
jdawg is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2010, 09:24 PM   #17
skel1983
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by portside View Post
wrong' you've just confirmed my point, there ordinary british class fighters , yet one can win a world title as an amateur. medals in the olympics,etc, god bless them all for heart and effort , but david price would do well to beat larry olabambwe, and jeffries has a life and death strugle with nathan king, . ****** dare not match gavin with watson, suanders would last no time with al mechi and al mechi could give degale a stone and stop him.

Mate pack your shit up, log out put the laptop in the attic and don't ever embarrass yourself again.
skel1983 is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2010, 04:05 AM   #18
Dan684
Dave's Stepdad
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Portside you are an idiot

Plain and Simple, no ifs or buts just a first class, Grade A idiot.
Dan684 is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2010, 07:18 AM   #19
portside
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

your all intitled to your opinions, and call me as you please, but olympions and world amateur champs are paid heavy money to sighn up, and they are suposed to be special performers. their getting big amateur medals for flicking a headguard and runnig round the ring at mach speed. ali, frazier, foreman, ray lenoerd, oscar delahoya, to name a few won these high honours, mayweather got a bronze like jeffries and price, cotto got no medal like saunders, so what the ****s happened, corruption s whats happened banging buttons for favours, medals mean ****all anymore just that you've had a lot of decisions over propper fighters who stand their ground and shut their gloves, young boxers are out there with just as much potential, nobodys heard of em, ill make another thread with an undercard for 17/3/2011,were these worldbeater amateurs promoters would be shaking in there shoes at the thought of em sharing a ring with these fighters who aren't even britain beaters.
portside is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2010, 07:27 AM   #20
Will
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy nelson View Post
i watched frankie gavin on the pads last night and was very impreesed by the way he delivered his punches,im not saying he's a one punch knock out artist but also theres no way he's a flicker or slapper if so i'd love a gym full of them,gavins speed is very good,good movement and good combinations.eh hes not even had 10 fights yet and looking this good credit to big arnie.
His record is starting to get padded with some bad stoppages though. Frank is deffo (alegedly) helping the 3rd column along.

Not totally sold on Frankie yet. Have seen some good, some bad. He's only had a few fights and I will reserve my judgement. Would like to see him matched a little tougher now though.
Will is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2010, 07:33 AM   #21
Will
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by portside View Post
your all intitled to your opinions, and call me as you please, but olympions and world amateur champs are paid heavy money to sighn up, and they are suposed to be special performers. their getting big amateur medals for flicking a headguard and runnig round the ring at mach speed. ali, frazier, foreman, ray lenoerd, oscar delahoya, to name a few won these high honours, mayweather got a bronze like jeffries and price, cotto got no medal like saunders, so what the ****s happened, corruption s whats happened banging buttons for favours, medals mean ****all anymore just that you've had a lot of decisions over propper fighters who stand their ground and shut their gloves, young boxers are out there with just as much potential, nobodys heard of em, ill make another thread with an undercard for 17/3/2011,were these worldbeater amateurs promoters would be shaking in there shoes at the thought of em sharing a ring with these fighters who aren't even britain beaters.
The scoring leaves a lot to be desired but I think the majority of decent fighters still do pretty well as amateurs.

I am a fan of El Maachi but no way could he give Chunky a stone. I'm not totally sold on Degale either (Groves would take that one at this point I believe), but he definately has enough class to handel the smaller man.
Will is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2010, 08:09 AM   #22
GladiatoR
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1586

How did O'Donnell get that loss btw?

Has he got a suspect chin?
GladiatoR is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum