Boxing News 24 Forum
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2010, 09:53 PM   #31
roscoe
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,438
vCash: 75
Default Re: Choc Sparring

I hope your right Ippy. This mandy merry go round circus of hand picking opponents whilst calling out the best & avoiding them has gone stale & beyond the joke.
roscoe is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2010, 10:17 PM   #32
cedrichw
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,309
vCash: 75
Default Re: Choc Sparring

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post
What did you just say?

Did you say the choc doesnt know whos hes fighting?

Because if you did say that Jeff would be telling the truth about choc not knowing....and about Khoder picking the fights
ash I think the problem was not that they didn't believe that choc knew or didn't know who he was fighting it was this coupled with the choc picks aussie fighters to give them a chance with the 2 statements contradicting each other. i think the full story is Khoder has a big influence but when it came down to Nader and a few others choc sat down with Khoder told him he was keen to do this and khoder agreed. more often then not choc fights khoder picks opponents like most managers
cedrichw is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:19 PM   #33
cedrichw
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,309
vCash: 75
Default Re: Choc Sparring

I think Jeff just needed to explain what he was saying in more detail I knew where he was comming from but there were possibly things he missed out in the explanation
cedrichw is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:30 PM   #34
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Sydney
Posts: 11,631
vCash: 166
Default Re: Choc Sparring

The first time I saw Jeff say something like that I questioned it because it didnt seem right..The main thing is that he basically was saying why do people give Choc shit when Khoder is the one choosing the opponants. Which sounds pretty ridiculous you have to say, maybe it was just a poor choice of words.
I never doubted for a second that its Khoder's job to find the opponents and crunch the numbers, that he had the most input into who Anthony was fighting but Flash was trying to deflect any responsibility on Choc's part for taking on soft opponents, like he had no choice in the matter...thats what it came across as and I cant see why its such an issue people questioned that.

But then I just left it after that because I didnt really care...its really is a loss to the forum that he wont post here anymore.
WhataRock is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:39 PM   #35
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9,431
vCash: 970
Default Re: Choc Sparring

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhataRock View Post
The first time I saw Jeff say something like that I questioned it because it didnt seem right..The main thing is that he basically was saying why do people give Choc shit when Khoder is the one choosing the opponants. Which sounds pretty ridiculous you have to say, maybe it was just a poor choice of words.
I never doubted for a second that its Khoder's job to find the opponents and crunch the numbers, that he had the most input into who Anthony was fighting but Flash was trying to deflect any responsibility on Choc's part for taking on soft opponents, like he had no choice in the matter...thats what it came across as and I cant see why its such an issue people questioned that.

But then I just left it after that because I didnt really care...its really is a loss to the forum that he wont post here anymore.
Largely agree with what you've written above Rock.

...and it certainly makes sense from a business point of view that the manager has a big say in the choice of opponents, but in business you have to also respect 'The Golden Rule'.

The Golden Rule of course being:

'He who has, or makes the gold, RULES!
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 12:04 AM   #36
cedrichw
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,309
vCash: 75
Default Re: Choc Sparring

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhataRock View Post
The first time I saw Jeff say something like that I questioned it because it didnt seem right..The main thing is that he basically was saying why do people give Choc shit when Khoder is the one choosing the opponants. Which sounds pretty ridiculous you have to say, maybe it was just a poor choice of words.
I never doubted for a second that its Khoder's job to find the opponents and crunch the numbers, that he had the most input into who Anthony was fighting but Flash was trying to deflect any responsibility on Choc's part for taking on soft opponents, like he had no choice in the matter...thats what it came across as and I cant see why its such an issue people questioned that.

But then I just left it after that because I didnt really care...its really is a loss to the forum that he wont post here anymore.
well said Rock and i agree a real loss to the forum that Jeff has gone
cedrichw is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 02:55 AM   #37
cedrichw
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,309
vCash: 75
Default Re: Choc Sparring

choc did 8 rounds with Kurt bahram today quite funny that on Wednesday he sparred Leroy brown and today Leroy's opponent next Friday Kurt. I would say see who choc is tipping and get your money on him. he also did 4 with Mitrevski choc was looking very sharp
cedrichw is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 03:32 AM   #38
boxoncottonon
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: In the heart of the Saints...
Posts: 2,309
vCash: 850
Default Re: Choc Sparring

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedrichw View Post
choc did 8 rounds with Kurt bahram today quite funny that on Wednesday he sparred Leroy brown and today Leroy's opponent next Friday Kurt. I would say see who choc is tipping and get your money on him. he also did 4 with Mitrevski choc was looking very sharp

Ced, did you see the sparring today??

Who is your money on?
boxoncottonon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 04:05 AM   #39
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9,431
vCash: 970
Default Re: Choc Sparring

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedrichw View Post
choc did 8 rounds with Kurt bahram today quite funny that on Wednesday he sparred Leroy brown and today Leroy's opponent next Friday Kurt. I would say see who choc is tipping and get your money on him. he also did 4 with Mitrevski choc was looking very sharp
Any sign of world traveller Khoder or Flash at the session Ced?
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 04:29 AM   #40
cedrichw
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,309
vCash: 75
Default Re: Choc Sparring

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxoncottonon View Post
Ced, did you see the sparring today??

Who is your money on?

not sure how many times that Kurt has sparred choc he looked a little reserved and not sure what they were trying to achieve. I have seen guys get the shit bashed out of them in sparring and when they got out tell me that they were happy with that because they hadn't sparred for a while and wanted to get used to getting hit again. Kostya did that alot in his first few spars into a preperation. so never really like to comment too much on spars because as everyone know sparring and fighting are very different. People can be working on 1 thing and not look so good. However having said that going on the 2 spars and how the 2 guys looked i would say Brown
cedrichw is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 04:30 AM   #41
cedrichw
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,309
vCash: 75
Default Re: Choc Sparring

Quote:
Originally Posted by COULDHAVEBEEN View Post
Any sign of world traveller Khoder or Flash at the session Ced?

no mate Khoder very very rarely seen at the block and Flash wasn't there either. however I think he normally trains Choc at choc's place dont seem to recall ever seeing him there and only seen khoder ther once
cedrichw is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 04:52 PM   #42
20a87
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,365
vCash: 3071
Default Re: Choc Sparring

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedrichw View Post
Got to see Choc go a few rounds today with a young bloke Leroy Brown. Both looked very good and was entertaining to watch. They did 9 rounds and was all very much action packed. Leroy was holding his own for a while but every time choc stepped it up he showed his speed and class was just a little too good. not sure if choc is sparring anyone else but i think leroy has a fight soon so i guess choc will have to find someone else. didn't see Jeff malcolm there i was gonna say hello. There were a few others there Luke Odonnell and Mark Bosnich as well as Peter Mitrevski and Johnny lewis was a fair few in the gym made for a fun little while
Thanks for the info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by COULDHAVEBEEN View Post
Largely agree with what you've written above Rock.

...and it certainly makes sense from a business point of view that the manager has a big say in the choice of opponents, but in business you have to also respect 'The Golden Rule'.

The Golden Rule of course being:


'He who has, or makes the gold, RULES!


Adding business guru to your list of things you wish to appear as to others
20a87 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015