Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

 
  


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2010, 03:44 AM   #76
pensri
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 50
vCash: 75
Default Re: NOW GIVE KATSIDIS HIS RESPECT! Forget Choc and Green

can't even find any highlights of katsidis vs mitchell.... get some respect man... it's a joke he doesn't get any news coverage.
pensri is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 04:49 AM   #77
ipswich express
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,934
vCash: 75
Default Re: NOW GIVE KATSIDIS HIS RESPECT! Forget Choc and Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSEY WALES View Post
In Your opinion why is he overated ?
I think his advice between rounds borders on horrendous. "We're gunna swim without getting wet" doesn't win you fights.
ipswich express is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 04:57 AM   #78
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: "Mr 3 time"
Posts: 12,096
vCash: 1000
Default Re: NOW GIVE KATSIDIS HIS RESPECT! Forget Choc and Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by pensri View Post
can't even find any highlights of katsidis vs mitchell.... get some respect man... it's a joke he doesn't get any news coverage.
Yeah not sure why its not on FOXSPORTS Website
ashley is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2010, 05:06 AM   #79
Rise Above
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Sydney
Posts: 3,986
vCash: 210
Default Re: NOW GIVE KATSIDIS HIS RESPECT! Forget Choc and Green

There are some highlights here

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Rise Above is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 06:43 AM   #80
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 6,195
vCash: 1000
Default Re: NOW GIVE KATSIDIS HIS RESPECT! Forget Choc and Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipswich express View Post
I think his advice between rounds borders on horrendous. "We're gunna swim without getting wet" doesn't win you fights.
Not all the time mate like some blokes , during the latter stages of PBF v SSM i thought him asking Shane to repeat back to him what he just said was a decent bit of coaching imo , he wanted to hear if his advice was falling on deaf ears (if it had been i suspect he would have had another think about the threat he made in the previous round about pulling Shane out ), he ain't the best but deserves most of the props aimed in his direction , i hope he gets the HBO job now they have let Lenny go ,
JOSEY WALES is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:24 AM   #81
SexualPanda
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 576
vCash: 1000
Default Re: NOW GIVE KATSIDIS HIS RESPECT! Forget Choc and Green

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The oz media are a ****ing joke.

They have the perfect opportunity to give a true blue aussie the coverage he so rightly deserves, but instead it's the big mouths - talk the talk, but do ****-all, that get all the attention over here. 2 days later, and still barely a mention on any aussie news sites.

We have an ex-Olympian, genuine world champ, fighting the best contenders and challengers out there, and the guy is forced to fight overseas as it's simply not feasible to host a fight in his home country. That's just really sad. It's sad that the more bullshit that comes out of your mouth, the more you are rewarded. Really does demonstrate that boxing is truly more of a business than a sport.
SexualPanda is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 02:42 PM   #82
ron u.k.
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Sunderland
Posts: 2,464
vCash: 1000
Default Re: NOW GIVE KATSIDIS HIS RESPECT! Forget Choc and Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***ualPanda View Post
I've said it before and I'll say it again. The oz media are a ****ing joke.

They have the perfect opportunity to give a true blue aussie the coverage he so rightly deserves, but instead it's the big mouths - talk the talk, but do ****-all, that get all the attention over here. 2 days later, and still barely a mention on any aussie news sites.

We have an ex-Olympian, genuine world champ, fighting the best contenders and challengers out there, and the guy is forced to fight overseas as it's simply not feasible to host a fight in his home country. That's just really sad. It's sad that the more bullshit that comes out of your mouth, the more you are rewarded. Really does demonstrate that boxing is truly more of a business than a sport.
It's hard to believe,as a Brit i thought the Aussies always backed their stars.I know one thing if he was a Brit he would be headlining on Sky regularily,he's such an exciting fighter.I'd go as far as saying if he based himself over here he could headline his own shows and the people would come out to see him.You get your money's worth with this lad,he may be vulnerable and not always win but you know you're guaranteed a show.
ron u.k. is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 06:48 PM   #83
04eta
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 322
vCash: 1000
Default Re: NOW GIVE KATSIDIS HIS RESPECT! Forget Choc and Green

They had a good report of the fight on fox sports sunday afternoon with plenty of footage of the fight.
04eta is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 07:12 PM   #84
pensri
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 50
vCash: 75
Default Re: NOW GIVE KATSIDIS HIS RESPECT! Forget Choc and Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise Above View Post
There are some highlights here

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

cheers
pensri is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 12:13 AM   #85
sparta
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 266
vCash: 1000
Default Re: NOW GIVE KATSIDIS HIS RESPECT! Forget Choc and Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipswich express View Post
I think his advice between rounds borders on horrendous. "We're gunna swim without getting wet" doesn't win you fights.
Doesnt win you fights? How many loses does he have ? It is just different terminology that means the same as FIGHT SMART MICHAEL, HIT AND DONT GET HIT. .Brenden smith is doing a great job with mick,a different trainer is not gona make kats better, he is what he is and he gets by in this sport with attributes that you cant teach.
sparta is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 12:17 AM   #86
sparta
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 266
vCash: 1000
Default Re: NOW GIVE KATSIDIS HIS RESPECT! Forget Choc and Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparta View Post
Doesnt win you fights? How many loses does he have ? It is just different terminology that means the same as FIGHT SMART MICHAEL, HIT AND DONT GET HIT. .Brenden smith is doing a great job with mick,a different trainer is not gona make kats better, he is what he is and he gets by in this sport with attributes that you cant teach.
Sorry ****ed up here i assumed you were talking bout brenden smith,that will teach me to assume
sparta is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 12:36 AM   #87
ipswich express
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,934
vCash: 75
Default Re: NOW GIVE KATSIDIS HIS RESPECT! Forget Choc and Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparta View Post
Sorry ****ed up here i assumed you were talking bout brenden smith,that will teach me to assume
Yes, it will .

I think I'd piss my pants laughing if Brendan Smith started giving it "we gonna swim without getting wet"...
ipswich express is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 01:12 AM   #88
Dantes
ESB Magnate
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: "Mom! The meat loaf! Fuck!"
Posts: 841
vCash: 75
Default Re: NOW GIVE KATSIDIS HIS RESPECT! Forget Choc and Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise Above View Post
There are some highlights here

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Thanks mate.
Dantes is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013