Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 05-18-2010, 01:22 PM   #16
esconore
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1458
Default Re: Bradley-Alexander Not Expected To Happen Anytime Soon..

Y not Ortiz vs. Alexander in August? I think it'll be closer than what people expect...
esconore is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2010, 01:24 PM   #17
rayhogan
Dont worry Pac, you wont
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by nip102 View Post
im not shocked show me a big fight in boxing that was easily made.bradley ain't ducking anyone
This fight could easily be made if Bradley doesn't act he's a ppv draw. Just fight Alexander. If he fights and beat Alexander and then beat Khan, he'll get a bigger exposure and might be headline on ppv vs maybe Mayweather or Pacquiao. <<<But yet you people don't think about that. What else is new?
rayhogan is online now  Top
Old 05-18-2010, 01:54 PM   #18
pasky2000
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Bradley has gone back to Abregu.. - Who?
Alexander is looking at Kotelnik and Prescott...

The bad thing is about the 140 division is that none of these guys have big fan bases and don't draw a lot of attraction. If they were to fight at such high risk of unifying, they would get a very small pay day.

The High risk, low reward is playing a lot into the division at the moment and the bad thing is, these guys have no one else to build there names up against. No one is really reputable and big apart from the 4 top guys at 140.

Check out the article at the top.
HBO's and Showtime's guaranteed purses has seriously ****ed up the mentality of fighters once they reach a certain stage in their careers. For the sake of fans, regular cable fights have to come back in a bunch ASAP !

Only the really huge fights should qualify for PPV and only once fighters have truly beaten the best available in their division, should they start getting guaranteed big purses on regular HBO !
pasky2000 is offline  Top
Old 05-18-2010, 02:09 PM   #19
tays001
ESB ELITE SQUAD
East Side Guru

whats the big problem. Judah, Tyszu and MItchell had no issue with getting things unified. for some reason although HBO has a bigger event Showtime can usally get situations resolved. just get the fights done and get on with it. if you win the fight your fan base will grow
tays001 is offline  Top
Old 05-18-2010, 02:14 PM   #20
Vano-Irons
Champion
East Side Guru

I wouldnt be at all surprised if 1 of the big 3, ie Bradley, Devon or Kahn, fight Ortiz or Paterson next. Would certainly be an interesting Super 6 down at 140
Vano-Irons is offline  Top
Old 05-18-2010, 02:18 PM   #21
rayhogan
Dont worry Pac, you wont
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tays001 View Post
whats the big problem. judah, tyszu and mitchell had no issue with getting things unified. for some reason although hbo has a bigger event showtime can usally get situations resolved. Just get the fights done and get on with it. If you win the fight your fan base will grow
Exactly. Great post.
rayhogan is online now  Top
Old 05-18-2010, 08:43 PM   #22
theflyest
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Bradley isn't scared of Alexander. I think he wins that fight. The problem is Tim suddenly wants to be Money Mayweather. I think he realizes that there is always gonna be another opponent that the people believe can beat you, so he's just like **** it, I'm gonna chase the money. Tim is going about it all wrong though. He hasn't even had a fight on HBO yet. He isn't a draw. The only thing to get people to recognize him is to start winning these fights on HBO.
theflyest is offline  Top
Old 05-18-2010, 09:08 PM   #23
Rock0052
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 79

Quote:
Originally Posted by theflyest View Post
Bradley isn't scared of Alexander. I think he wins that fight. The problem is Tim suddenly wants to be Money Mayweather. I think he realizes that there is always gonna be another opponent that the people believe can beat you, so he's just like **** it, I'm gonna chase the money. Tim is going about it all wrong though. He hasn't even had a fight on HBO yet. He isn't a draw. The only thing to get people to recognize him is to start winning these fights on HBO.
Sadly, that's how it's going now. Anybody in that weight range with a title defense or two to their name is chasing after the payday Pac or Floyd brings, and they don't want to take any high risk fight in the meantime to risk messing up those prospects.

The winner of Bradley-Alexander would be at the top of one of the deepest divisions in the sport with the potential to capitalize on that exposure with bigger paydays and bigger fights. It's too bad Bradley doesn't want to take that chance, because Alexander's been the one pushing it.
Rock0052 is offline  Top
Old 05-18-2010, 09:10 PM   #24
Caelum
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishWay View Post
**** the money just fight and prove who's the best.

bradley beating abregu aint gonna make any difference and same with alexander beating kotelnik etc..

Easy for you to say.

Tough fights make your career short. Once that is over, you are out looking for a job.

Build your bank account.

As a Fan, Yes, I want to see them just fight the best right now. As a Fan, I would also like to see these fighters fight 6 or more times a year. But that's not the way it works.
Old Timers must have had a great time seeing their fighter fight often and fight the best compared to today's fighters. Of course, it was harder to make a buck back then. With Boxing's popularity at the time, big fights was where it was at. Names were more well known sooner. People knew amateur fighters.

What they could do, maybe...is find a way to have one packed card on one night with all of them fighting. Not each other of course. Build that up. Probably hard to do though. These fighters don't seem to want to fight often enough and just want that big check now which you can get being the main-event.

Of course, if you are confident in your ability, the best way to build your name up is to fight the big fights as soon as possible. And find a way to make yourself appealing to the public.

Floyd, for all the hate he gets, became more appealing as "Money Mayweather" compared to "Pretty Boy." Which is funny because his best days in my opinion as a fighter was when he was "Pretty Boy Floyd"

Personally, I would look to see what fighters have a big fan base and go after them. Try to take their fans. They don't even have to like you, just respect you. That way, they may watch your future fights.
Caelum is offline  Top
Old 05-18-2010, 09:12 PM   #25
Atlanta
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 528

Is is it safe to say Alexander is in a bit of a pickle, Maidana might be willing to fight him but he is injured, Bradley is ducking him, and Khan's mythical tournament doesn't have him fighting Alexander until as late as possible.
Atlanta is offline  Top
Old 05-18-2010, 09:13 PM   #26
BazookaJab
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 400
Default Delete.

Delete.

Last edited by BazookaJab; 12-28-2010 at 06:29 PM.
BazookaJab is offline  Top
Old 05-18-2010, 09:16 PM   #27
bald_head_slick
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishWay View Post
**** the money just fight and prove who's the best.

bradley beating abregu aint gonna make any difference and same with alexander beating kotelnik etc..
I know man! You totally plan to feed him, his children, and wipe his butt when he has boxing induced Parkinson's!

bald_head_slick is offline  Top
Old 05-18-2010, 09:19 PM   #28
Boom_Boom
R.I.P Boxing 6/9/12
East Side VIP

Alexander fighting easy pickings while Bradley is fighting someone fresh.

Alexander is a joke.
Boom_Boom is offline  Top
Old 05-18-2010, 09:44 PM   #29
TheGreat
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 962

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom_Boom View Post
Alexander fighting easy pickings while Bradley is fighting someone fresh.

Alexander is a joke.
He wanted to fight Bradley, BUT Bradley is acting retarded.
TheGreat is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum