boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 05-12-2010, 06:16 PM   #91
Windigo
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Is there a best time to go running?

Number one of 2, I'm using the same argument I gave to Virus because your argument is the same as his.

Quote:
Don't argue bro, i'm a personal trainer and i have to know stuff like this. Lol it's people like you that give me a job
Well I argued it with you and you haven't gone far outside of your comfort zone of 'I'm an authority.' You entire sell is nothing more than a confidence trick. And it seems to be a commonly played one given you and Virus.
Windigo is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2010, 06:21 PM   #92
SupraTT24
Heart Of A Champion
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windigo View Post
Number one of 2, I'm using the same argument I gave to Virus because your argument is the same as his.

Well I argued it with you and you haven't gone far outside of your comfort zone of 'I'm an authority.' You entire sell is nothing more than a confidence trick. And it seems to be a commonly played one given you and Virus.
Lol whether or not you believe what you say i dunno... but i'm done, some people just cant learn. thats why they ride the short bus
SupraTT24 is offline  Top
Old 05-13-2010, 08:37 AM   #93
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

I prefer to run at night, when my working day is over and I can reap the benefit of putting my all into my run and use the time to clear my head in order to get a good night's sleep too.
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 05-13-2010, 09:43 AM   #94
RDJ
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 202

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy View Post
The best time to run is the time during the day that you're most likely to be motivated to do it regularly.
If I tried to run every day at 6am because 'it was the best time to run' then I'd rarely go for a run. rarely going for an early morning run <<<< running in the evening on a regular basis.
Best answer
RDJ is offline  Top
Old 05-13-2010, 11:51 AM   #95
Mohak
RIP Smokin' Joe
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

After just coming back from doing my first 2 mile run in about a month the correct answer is never. Ever. Ever. Don't do it, kids. Running is for ****s and starving Africans. Just say no.

On a serious note, dont run on a empty stomach, it's suicide. What works for me is hydrating the night before a run. Having a quick drink just before a run doesn't really give your body enough time to absorb it all and get cramp or just throw it up. Run when you feel you like, it's not really rocket science. If you don't like waking up early then run in the evening. If you feel you're at your best in the morning then run in the morning.
Mohak is offline  Top
Old 05-13-2010, 09:44 PM   #96
paloalto00
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 347

Personal preference, just go run when you feel most motivated. I'm personally a morning person, but some like running at night
paloalto00 is offline  Top
Old 05-13-2010, 09:56 PM   #97
RDJ
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 202

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohak View Post
Running is for ****s and starving Africans.
RDJ is offline  Top
Old 05-15-2010, 03:26 AM   #98
bald_head_slick
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Your body runs most efficiently right when you wake up so if you are trying to cut weight? The morning is not ideal. If you are maintaining fitness then morning is ideal.

Now keep in mind running is like farming. The best time to do it was yesterday so unless you are getting paid, any time should be good as long as you do it.
bald_head_slick is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2010, 06:08 PM   #99
boxexpert
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

running in the morning is a good thing.it should be more of a easy footing than a workout. maybe some shadowing meanwhile or afterwards,just nothin that wears out. it can be done every 2nd morning.

the purpose of that is to get oxygen into the lungs,decrease lactate and get a good base stamina and coordination.

interval running is very exhausting, it should be done after a good basic stamina has been built up.

intervals should be done every 2nd week: lets say one fights 6x3min,then 6x800m runs should be made with 1min break in between. those runs are good on a SAT morning or afternoon
boxexpert is offline  Top
Old 05-18-2010, 02:46 AM   #100
under the wire
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Location: When u sleepin im workin, when u workin im workin too
vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by karatekid530 View Post
I'm a night person and have always preferred to run around 2-3AM. I have the road to myself aside from the occasional deer and can run with my headphones cranked without worrying about traffic. I like it as a way to wind down and put the day's bull**** behind me. Very, very rarely I'll wake up motivated/ energetic and have a morning run, but I much prefer the night. Also, it's cooler without the sun beating down on you, which is nice for someone who sweats easily.
If you dont mind me asking, what time do you get up in the morning? Wouldnt running at 3am mess up your body clock?
under the wire is offline  Top
Old 05-20-2010, 04:29 AM   #101
boxexpert
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

i get up around 7 AM. work starts 8.30 AM so theres plenty of time to do a 30min run.

working at night is something that one shouldnt do for too long-regardless if boxer or not. its just not good. it does mess up the body (clock). the human body needs to recover during sleep and the best time is definitely during the night. best sleep is before minight.

and no,i wouldnt run at 3 AM. my opinion
boxexpert is offline  Top
Old 05-20-2010, 03:34 PM   #102
dfh85
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxexpert View Post
i get up around 7 AM. work starts 8.30 AM so theres plenty of time to do a 30min run.

working at night is something that one shouldnt do for too long-regardless if boxer or not. its just not good. it does mess up the body (clock). the human body needs to recover during sleep and the best time is definitely during the night. best sleep is before minight.

and no,i wouldnt run at 3 AM. my opinion
same here, I also run at 7am. work is at 9 for me.

hey dude, I bet ur like me - the alarm goes off and in ur head ur saying "no no no no no" but once u get back from the run you feel like a million bucks.
dfh85 is offline  Top
Old 12-20-2012, 01:37 AM   #103
Wenpire
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 75

So is there a definite answer to this problem? Which is better, running in the morning (getting up anywhere between 5-7 AM), or running at night?
For me, it is very very hard to get up in the morning, that's why I usually do my running at night, at around 9 PM or 10 PM. However, most fighters that I've looked up like Tyson, Pacquiao, Martinez, etc, they all do their running in the morning. Tyson used to get up at 4 AM, Pacquiao and Martinez at 5 AM, I've never heard of a SINGLE professional fighter who does their roadwork at night, and that kind of concerns me and makes me wonder if me running at night is a bad thing...
Honestly me personally, I like running at night alot more, I feel more energetic and alone, but, if someone can show me proof that running in the morning is better, I'm willing to run in the morning instead.
So does anyone have any definite proof that running in the morning is better than running at night? Any help would be really appreciated, I really would like to know as I am about to begin training to become a boxer.
Wenpire is offline  Top
Old 12-20-2012, 11:44 AM   #104
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenpire View Post
So is there a definite answer to this problem? Which is better, running in the morning (getting up anywhere between 5-7 AM), or running at night?
For me, it is very very hard to get up in the morning, that's why I usually do my running at night, at around 9 PM or 10 PM. However, most fighters that I've looked up like Tyson, Pacquiao, Martinez, etc, they all do their running in the morning. Tyson used to get up at 4 AM, Pacquiao and Martinez at 5 AM, I've never heard of a SINGLE professional fighter who does their roadwork at night, and that kind of concerns me and makes me wonder if me running at night is a bad thing...
Honestly me personally, I like running at night alot more, I feel more energetic and alone, but, if someone can show me proof that running in the morning is better, I'm willing to run in the morning instead.
So does anyone have any definite proof that running in the morning is better than running at night? Any help would be really appreciated, I really would like to know as I am about to begin training to become a boxer.
Run when you can. The guy getting up at 5am is not going to have some huge advantage over another guy that runs at 5pm.
viru§™ is online now  Top
Old 12-20-2012, 02:16 PM   #105
scrap
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Forget what you have been told, since yesterday it all went out of the Widow
scrap is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing