Old 11-02-2007, 03:13 PM   #61
Punisher33
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hopes of Ibragimov Klitschko unification fight starting to slip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavyrighthand
So are you saying that Wlad should forget the Ibragimov unifcation fight, and all the benefits of working towards a single, unified champion would entail........forget that for the sake of seeing Wlad fight some like Tua, who has not earned squat and hasn't even fought a top 25 opponent in years.........or Golota, who has only beaten McBride at this point?

You are saying he should forget the unifying fight, which would be with an undefeated titleholder, in favor of fighting these other fighters who deserve abolutlely nothing, and are even worse and much less deserving than the opponents you were just criticizing........(Brock, Brewster, Byrd, and Austin). No offense, but this is crazy!!!

With each progressive post, you seem to make less and less sense, and create even more confusion by contradicting what you, yourself, say you would like to see.
You cant sit there and tell me the Brewster or Austin wasnt lame as hell, both of them just looked like they were collecting a pay check and thats it. Austin should ****ing retire because hes a disgrace, at least Brock had the balls and chin to hang in there. Im sick and tired of watching these half hearted fights, I want to see matches I could get excited to see. If Povetkin fights Wlad I will be happy, at least he will put up a fight.
Punisher33 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2007, 03:52 PM   #62
KobeIsGod
Who Necks?!?
ESB Addict

vCash: 1001

From ESPN's chat today:

What's the status of Wlad-Ibragimov?

Dan Rafael: (2:44 PM ET ) Being discussed and they're close from what I am told by both sides, but there is no deal yet.

Gee Dan, thanks for the inside scoop
KobeIsGod is offline  Top
Old 11-02-2007, 09:15 PM   #63
Heavyrighthand
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by KobeIsGod
From ESPN's chat today:

What's the status of Wlad-Ibragimov?

Dan Rafael: (2:44 PM ET ) Being discussed and they're close from what I am told by both sides, but there is no deal yet.

Gee Dan, thanks for the inside scoop

Maybe Ibragimov is merely playing hard to get in order to get a bigger share of the money.......

Maybe he will come through for us, yet. I certainly hope he does, but I an not very optomistic.

If this fight does happen, seeing these two titleholders each step though the ropes as both of their belts are held up to show what the fight is about...............that will be very excitiing to see, to say the absolute least........... and so long overdue, after so many years of false starts, posturing, Don King ruining fights, ****y speeches, emply promises, threats, and even canceled fights..

Come on, men. Sign that contract!!!!! If tney can get this all important fight signed, and done, then the other two titleholders will have to address further unification fights. There'll be no more avoiding it.

If Ibrag and Wlad can just get the ball rolling.
Heavyrighthand is offline  Top
Old 11-02-2007, 10:43 PM   #64
LONE WOLF
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Too bad. Ibragimov is a chump anyway. The problem of course is that there is no one else out there for Wlad to fight except for maybe Chagaev.
LONE WOLF is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum