Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2007, 08:54 AM   #1
Darien
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Hungary
Posts: 410
vCash: 1000
Default SMW prospect Balzsay

I know it's all about Calzaghe vs Kessler now but I thought we should look at some upcoming talents in this divison which is very deep nowadays. One of the best prospects is Hungarian Károly Balzsay (16-0-0-12KO)who will face tough Argentinian Ruben Eduardo Acosta (16-2-5) for the vacant WBO intercontinantal belt on 24 November on the undercard of the Erdei fight in Dresden, Germany. Karesz is a tall southpaw with very good skills, fast hands and a real one punch KO power. He was a seasoned amateur he faced current IBF titleholder Bute several times and beat him convincingly. He will definitely make some noise in the division soon.
Darien is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2007, 09:03 AM   #2
Darien
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Hungary
Posts: 410
vCash: 1000
Default Re: SMW prospect Balzsay

I've just found these on youtube:

KO from his list fight against Brazilian Jose Hilton Dos Santos:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

An amateur fight from 1999:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Darien is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 09:18 AM   #3
Rollo
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 702
vCash: 1000
Default Re: SMW prospect Balzsay

Great avatar! Good to see that Papp isn´t for gotten........
Rollo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 09:24 AM   #4
Vantage_West
ヒップホップ·プロデューサー
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 黒人文化の恋人のサンプリ
Posts: 10,027
vCash: 1000
Default Re: SMW prospect Balzsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darien
I've just found these on youtube:

KO from his list fight against Brazilian Jose Hilton Dos Santos:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

An amateur fight from 1999:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
oh jeez that lead uppercut then left cross the uppercut popped his jaw up then big left hand
amazing knockout perfect timing and sharp punches thanx man for the heads up
Vantage_West is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 09:25 AM   #5
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 4,528
vCash: 1000
Default Re: SMW prospect Balzsay

The young Hungarian is one of the most promising talents at supermiddle.Thats for sure! He still needs more time to take on really good fighters,but he has one of the best coaches in the business and a powerful western promoter.
On top of that all he seems to be a very likeable young fellow with a good sense of humour.
Guess that he is one of the better marketable German-based foreign fighters!
Odo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 09:34 AM   #6
Darien
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Hungary
Posts: 410
vCash: 1000
Default Re: SMW prospect Balzsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo
Great avatar! Good to see that Papp isn´t for gotten........
Of course he's not forgotten! He's the greatest ever boxer of my country and one of the true ATGs of the sport in general. BTW yours is good too
Darien is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 09:37 AM   #7
Darien
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Hungary
Posts: 410
vCash: 1000
Default Re: SMW prospect Balzsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantage_West
oh jeez that lead uppercut then left cross the uppercut popped his jaw up then big left hand
amazing knockout perfect timing and sharp punches thanx man for the heads up
Yep, pure execution. His stablemate and friend Erdei once said: "This Kid is a monster" I think that tells everything
Darien is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 09:39 AM   #8
Dojo
The Animal
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Melbourne - Jakarta
Posts: 677
vCash: 1000
Default Re: SMW prospect Balzsay

Acosta is average... Mundine fought him in Australia as a tune up before Soliman. A bit of a showman, but not too much of a threat.
Dojo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 09:46 AM   #9
Darien
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Hungary
Posts: 410
vCash: 1000
Default Re: SMW prospect Balzsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo
The young Hungarian is one of the most promising talents at supermiddle.Thats for sure! He still needs more time to take on really good fighters,but he has one of the best coaches in the business and a powerful western promoter.
On top of that all he seems to be a very likeable young fellow with a good sense of humour.
Guess that he is one of the better marketable German-based foreign fighters!
You're right mate, he's very friendly and humble guy outside the ring. I had the opportunity to have a little chat him after his last fight. He finished his foe then he went back to the arena and stood there talking with the fans for almost an hour.
Darien is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013