Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 05-30-2010, 04:09 AM   #1
kirky c
white mike
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default could vatili knockout valuev or would it just be a boring slowmotion grapple for 12?

could vatili do what no one else has and ko the giant and dismiss hayes best attempt or is he lacking the speed to defeat the big man? i personally think he could take valuev out because of his superior skills an even power. valuev uses his height well but not his weight and with vatili the height difference isn't that much of an advantage. plus this fight could really help us predict david hayes chances against the brothers.
kirky c is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2010, 04:11 AM   #2
Boxed Ears
Smugly Savvy Feelings
East Side VIP

vCash: 26664
Default Re: could vatili knockout valuev or would it just be a boring slowmotion grapple for

Foolishness. No one can kayo the GOAT who has the GCOAT.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2010, 04:12 AM   #3
Will
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: could vatili knockout valuev or would it just be a boring slowmotion grapple for

Without doubt the later.
Will is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2010, 04:15 AM   #4
RJD
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 5000

In his prime I'd back him to stop Valuev on accumulation of damage. Not now though. Wlad on the other hand would have a good shot at stopping the giant.
RJD is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2010, 04:16 AM   #5
BoxingFanNo1
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2650

I think it wou..... zzzzzzzz
Vitali would use his jab and.....zzzzzzz
If Valuev can ......zzzzz.......

God damn just thinking about it is sending me to...... zzzzzzzzz
BoxingFanNo1 is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2010, 04:39 AM   #6
Fighting Pride
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Valuev would present as much challenge to Vitali as a punching bag. If Vitali comes out looking for the KO, I can see the fight being stopped within 3. If he's more conservative, i see Valuev succumbing around the 8th after taking too many right hands.
Fighting Pride is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2010, 04:42 AM   #7
BoxingFanNo1
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighting Pride View Post
Valuev would present as much challenge to Vitali as a punching bag. If Vitali comes out looking for the KO, I can see the fight being stopped within 3. If he's more conservative, i see Valuev succumbing around the 8th after taking too many right hands.
You've obviously done your research and based this on the last 10 years of Vitalis career, good work.

Vitali UD is where the smart money goes.
BoxingFanNo1 is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2010, 04:47 AM   #8
Boxed Ears
Smugly Savvy Feelings
East Side VIP

Quote:
So, Vitali takes Sosnowski into the tenth round, but Valuev can't even get that far. What bullshit.
Old 05-30-2010, 04:50 AM   #9
p.Townend
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 100

There is a chance Valuev could be stopped by the corner like Sam Peter but i cant see a KO.It would be pretty boring stuff with Valuev unable to land much and Vittali winning every round.
p.Townend is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2010, 04:52 AM   #10
Fighting Pride
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingFanNo1 View Post
You've obviously done your research and based this on the last 10 years of Vitalis career, good work.

Vitali UD is where the smart money goes.
Valuev goes 12 with smaller guys who just can't overcome his physical advantages to get to him enough to hurt him. Against Vitali all these advantages are taken away and he will be the easiest opponent to hit Vitali's ever faced.
Old 05-30-2010, 04:54 AM   #11
Fighting Pride
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxed Ears View Post
So, Vitali takes Sosnowski into the tenth round, but Valuev can't even get that far. What bullshit.
Sosnowski was a moving target. Valuev will be a slow moving punching bag
Old 05-30-2010, 05:10 AM   #12
Boxed Ears
Smugly Savvy Feelings
East Side VIP

Quote:
Sosnowski was a moving target. Valuev will be a slow moving punching bag
Um, no, Valuev is not slow, he's thoughtful and a minimalist. You just can't see it. You have to know the sport to be able to see it. You can play checkers very fast but the good chess, is not speed chess.
Old 05-30-2010, 05:52 AM   #13
Kalasinn
♧ OG Kally ♤
East Side Guru

vCash: 1200

Quote:
Foolishness. No one can kayo the GOAT who has the GCOAT.
Too true, Valuev is invincible.

The Russian Giant
Can't be touched,
Can't be stopped,
Can't be moved,
Can't be rocked,
Can't be shook,
He Cold!

Nikolay is no Super Heavyweight, he is the Über Heavyweight and even Muhammad Ali and Larry Holmes admitted that he would box their socks off for 15 rounds.

P.S: Valuev was a long way past his untouchable prime against "White Tyson" Chagaev and "Fastest since Ali" Haye and he still completely dominated them, but anti-giant bias judges robbed him in both instances.
Kalasinn is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2010, 06:02 AM   #14
paulinchen_
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

No, it will be boring 12 Rounds.
paulinchen_ is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2010, 06:02 AM   #15
Fighting Pride
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Um, no, Valuev is not slow, he's thoughtful and a minimalist. You just can't see it. You have to know the sport to be able to see it. You can play checkers very fast but the good chess, is not speed chess.
Ok, whatever you want to call it. Maybe the Valuev fights I've seen were broadcast in super slow motion to highlight these subtle chess moves. I still must've missed them.

In any case, Vitali is a chess master and will checkmate Valuev any time of his choosing. No disrespect to Valuev, you're obviously a fan. He's just not able to be competitive with Vitali or Wlad.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum