boxexpert is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2010, 08:39 PM   #2
Nosbor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: European Boxing is better than USA Boxing

If not better, it has certainly made inroads. I sure as heck like the European cards/events and following the champions and prospects.
Nosbor is offline  Top
Old 05-23-2010, 03:12 PM   #3
emanuel_augustus
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Surely you're a troll, but I'll comment. How bout the idea that a boxer is a boxer is a boxer, regardless of geographic location or ethnicity? I'm a American by birth, but 100% German by blood, and I really don't care where a fighter is from, I can still be a fan. To propagate goofy continental rivalries is pretty silly in my mind.
emanuel_augustus is offline  Top
Old 05-23-2010, 03:50 PM   #4
Joe Soap

Quote:
Originally Posted by emanuel_augustus View Post
Surely you're a troll, but I'll comment. How bout the idea that a boxer is a boxer is a boxer, regardless of geographic location or ethnicity? I'm a American by birth, but 100% German by blood, and I really don't care where a fighter is from, I can still be a fan. To propagate goofy continental rivalries is pretty silly in my mind.
People will always associate themselves with boxers (and sportspeople in general) of a similar background, nationality etc, it's human nature, and is a source of national pride for many. I agree however that it get's ridiculous at times. All boxers are individuals, but some people use them to justify bullshit ideologies, which is where it gets stupid, not to mention boringly repetitive.
Joe Soap is offline  Top
Old 05-23-2010, 04:39 PM   #5
Fitir
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

There is no such thing as "European" boxing imo. I don't know exactly for the other countries but not many people in France or in the UK feel "European". Situations in the different countries are completely different and US boxers are still highly competitive in many divisions anyway.
Fitir is offline  Top
Old 05-26-2010, 09:00 AM   #6
frank1
Journeyman

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by emanuel_augustus View Post
Well said !I love the sport regardless (makes no difference who is fighting
where it is fought)
frank1 is offline  Top
Old 05-26-2010, 11:36 AM   #7
jordan1
Juan Lopez #1
East Side Guru

vCash: 0

jordan1 is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2010, 07:27 AM   #8
boxexpert
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Gents,these are FACTS. Im not sayin this because i dislike the US or such, its a logical outcome.

It IS certainly better because "Europe" does produce the better boxers,especially from eastern european countries-and UK as well.

All are having a good amateur career in the pocket, while most american fighters turn pro right away. This is a clear margin which cannot be catched up anymore.

The ratings and rankings do show a clear picture in which direction this all goes.

Right now,there are some US fighters ranked in the Top Ten as well as P4P; but time will show different. Lets wait another 2-3 years.
boxexpert is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2010, 08:24 AM   #9
Richel Hersisia
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1360

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxexpert View Post
Gents,these are FACTS. Im not sayin this because i dislike the US or such, its a logical outcome.

It IS certainly better because "Europe" does produce the better boxers,especially from eastern european countries-and UK as well.

All are having a good amateur career in the pocket, while most american fighters turn pro right away. This is a clear margin which cannot be catched up anymore.

The ratings and rankings do show a clear picture in which direction this all goes.

Right now,there are some US fighters ranked in the Top Ten as well as P4P; but time will show different. Lets wait another 2-3 years.

Come on man.....

Mayweather, Williams, Dawson, Bradley, Ward, Dirrel, Mosley, Berto, ALexander are all top class fighters at the moment....

What do we europeans have against that? Yeah the Klits, maybe Haye and Adamek... But the all would ve been on the low end of the list with the above named fighters....
The Americans are whooping the europeanens in the super six so far, while the europeans were the favorites coming in...

Otherwise we have Khan, Sturm and Huck who are hardly top 30 fighters P4P...

Probably the best european fighter beside wlad at the moment is Bute, but he choose to wear the Canadian flag
Richel Hersisia is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum