Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 05-30-2010, 06:07 AM   #16
Boxed Ears
Smugly Savvy Feelings
East Side VIP

vCash: 26665
Default Re: could vatili knockout valuev or would it just be a boring slowmotion grapple for

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighting Pride View Post
Ok, whatever you want to call it. Maybe the Valuev fights I've seen were broadcast in super slow motion to highlight these subtle chess moves. I still must've missed them.

In any case, Vitali is a chess master and will checkmate Valuev any time of his choosing. No disrespect to Valuev, you're obviously a fan. He's just not able to be competitive with Vitali or Wlad.
...McCline couldn't get to the fourth round with Big Niko. Wladimir couldn't get rid of him until the TENTH!
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2010, 06:14 AM   #17
dan-b
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: could vatili knockout valuev or would it just be a boring slowmotion grapple for

He took 10 to stop Sosnowski, he ain't stopping Valuev.
dan-b is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2010, 06:22 AM   #18
Kalasinn
♧ OG Kally ♤
East Side Guru

vCash: 1200

Peak George Foreman with Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machines tied to his gloves couldn't KO Valuev.
Kalasinn is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2010, 10:09 AM   #19
Vale-Feye
Journeyman

vCash: 500

Quote:
Valuev would present as much challenge to Vitali as a punching bag. If Vitali comes out looking for the KO, I can see the fight being stopped within 3. If he's more conservative, i see Valuev succumbing around the 8th after taking too many right hands.

No version of Vitali would knock Valuev out in under eight rounds. Maybe accumulation stoppage late, but Vitali would be fighting in a style he isn't used to which could affect his output. Here and now it goes the distance. He doesn't have the power to get a quick knockout.
Vale-Feye is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2010, 10:53 AM   #20
Boggle
∆≈Ω≈∆

vCash: 75

Quote:
Ok, whatever you want to call it. Maybe the Valuev fights I've seen were broadcast in super slow motion to highlight these subtle chess moves. I still must've missed them.

In any case, Vitali is a chess master and will checkmate Valuev any time of his choosing. No disrespect to Valuev, you're obviously a fan. He's just not able to be competitive with Vitali or Wlad.
The mental component of boxing cannot be underestimated. To understand Valuev the fighter, you must first understand Valuev the poet. This path of enlightenment will lead you to the truth.
Boggle is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2010, 11:00 AM   #21
Keueng
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 9199

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxed Ears View Post
...McCline couldn't get to the fourth round with Big Niko. Wladimir couldn't get rid of him until the TENTH!
SNV stared McCline's knee into dislocation...
Keueng is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2010, 11:01 AM   #22
Keueng
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 9199

Wanting to break SNV's jaw with sheer power will only result in breaking your own hand as David already found out
Keueng is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2010, 11:01 AM   #23
Boxed Ears
Smugly Savvy Feelings
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boggle View Post
The mental component of boxing cannot be underestimated. To understand Valuev the fighter, you must first understand Valuev the poet. This path of enlightenment will lead you to the truth.

"I am a Cossack for love

I ride a stallion of largeness comparable to my own

Day of pugilism comes down to raining

Punches to spare, I spare what I can and this is enough

For I am with gloves, as are woolly the sheep I am

I am godly, but I am manly and my skull is true and proud

I fight

I love

I feel

I hunt man and boar wild...like a boar...with my gloves"

~Nikolay Valuev, in a poem entitled "Sweetly Standing Boar A Hunting: Heart Songs"

Now, it may lose something in the translation from Russian but that is ****ing beautiful and wise shit right there.
Old 05-30-2010, 11:03 AM   #24
Boxed Ears
Smugly Savvy Feelings
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keueng View Post
SNV stared McCline's knee into dislocation...
Oh, yes. He gets destroyed by punches and goes down and says "It was my knee, I can't help it." Over-hyped American McCline.
Old 05-30-2010, 11:04 AM   #25
BoxingFanNo1
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2650

Quote:
"I am a Cossack for love

I fight

I love

I feel

~Nikolay Valuev, in a poem entitled "Sweetly Standing Boar A Hunting: Heart Songs"

Now, it may lose something in the translation from Russian but that is ****ing beautiful and wise shit right there.
I've got a lump in my throat. That touched me man, especially the woolly sheep part, beautiful.
BoxingFanNo1 is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2010, 11:06 AM   #26
Boxed Ears
Smugly Savvy Feelings
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingFanNo1 View Post
I've got a lump in my throat. That touched me man, especially the woolly sheep part, beautiful.
I get a lump in my throat too, when I watch his fights also. The man is really something.
Old 05-30-2010, 11:11 AM   #27
iceman71
WBC SILVER Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

uiserweg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalasinn View Post
Peak George Foreman with Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machines tied to his gloves couldn't KO Valuev.
cruiserweight david haye could have knocked him out if he had had more balls during the fight...foreman would ko'ing his a GIVEN
iceman71 is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2010, 11:23 AM   #28
Boggle
∆≈Ω≈∆

vCash: 75

Quote:
"I am a Cossack for love

I fight

I love

I feel

He's a giant of a man, literally and figuratively. Following in the traditions of great Russian literature and pugilism. An inspiration. I wish there was a smiley for sweetly shedding a tear. That was beautiful.
Boggle is offline  Top
Old 05-31-2010, 05:48 AM   #29
Boxed Ears
Smugly Savvy Feelings
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boggle View Post
He's a giant of a man, literally and figuratively. Following in the traditions of great Russian literature and pugilism. An inspiration. I wish there was a smiley for sweetly shedding a tear. That was beautiful.
I don't even speak Russian, but I spend whole days translating his words.
Old 05-31-2010, 05:52 AM   #30
taobum70
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Valuev rarely looked like he had any desire to fight, let alone win. If he fights Vitali with that kind of attitude, he might very well give up or have the fight stopped by his corner. Vitali struggels to land his punches on smaller fighters who crouch low to avoid him. Valuev would be target practice.
taobum70 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum