Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2007, 12:07 AM   #1
tit
newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5
vCash: 1000
Default Kessler is NO overrated european bum!!!

First of all: Excuse my bad english!
Now: I'm danish and therefore a big, big Kessler fan!
But I have to say that Mikkel is NOT overrated in any way, he's that good. I've had it 50/50 before the fight, but 116-112 was what I had too. I don't think Mikkel got lacyed. He did show a lot of heart and ability, but Joe was too fast for him.
Big credits to Joe and to Mikkel too.
What Joe should do next: I've got no idea, maybe a little too late for him to do so many more fights. But thumbs up for Joe!! What a fighter, boxer and what an iron chin he has!

I firmly believe that Mikkel did what he could, but it was not really enough to beat the speed that Joe put up.

For Joe I,m a bit sad that he is nearly 36. Not too many fights left for him.

And or Mikkel: I really hope that you keep on in the future: No shame to loose to a better man!

And last: I really like the comments from both boxers after the fight:

No bad excuses from Mikkel, and a big hand from Joe to Mikkel: He really got me stunned a couple of times.

I really do like honest men!!

Go forward Joe!!

And Mikkel: Please carry on!!

And last, last: No return match. Why in the world should Joe do that? Nothing to gain here!

My heat cries, but what a good clean fight that was!!

Now, let me hear from all you fans!!!
tit is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2007, 12:10 AM   #2
TAM83
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 515
vCash: 75
Default Re: Kessler is NO overrated european bum!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tit
First of all: Excuse my bad english!
Now: I'm danish and therefore a big, big Kessler fan!
But I have to say that Mikkel is NOT overrated in any way, he's that good. I've had it 50/50 before the fight, but 116-112 was what I had too. I don't think Mikkel got lacyed. He did show a lot of heart and ability, but Joe was too fast for him.
Big credits to Joe and to Mikkel too.
What Joe should do next: I've got no idea, maybe a little too late for him to do so many more fights. But thumbs up for Joe!! What a fighter, boxer and what an iron chin he has!

I firmly believe that Mikkel did what he could, but it was not really enough to beat the speed that Joe put up.

For Joe I,m a bit sad that he is nearly 36. Not too many fights left for him.

And or Mikkel: I really hope that you keep on in the future: No shame to loose to a better man!

And last: I really like the comments from both boxers after the fight:

No bad excuses from Mikkel, and a big hand from Joe to Mikkel: He really got me stunned a couple of times.

I really do like honest men!!

Go forward Joe!!

And Mikkel: Please carry on!!

And last, last: No return match. Why in the world should Joe do that? Nothing to gain here!

My heat cries, but what a good clean fight that was!!

Now, let me hear from all you fans!!!


Very well said
TAM83 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 12:13 AM   #3
PrideOfWales
Winston Zedmore
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Newport Essex innit
Posts: 5,845
vCash: 75
Default Re: Kessler is NO overrated european bum!!!

You can feel immensly proud of Mikkel. He never trash talked, he was respectful, he got himself in great shape and most importantly, he is a fantastic boxer. On reflection, you have to say that he is on a par with Eubank as the best opponent Joe has ever faced. Mikkel will carry on and be successful in the future and I'll be watching because I am now a fan of his.

He was quicker than I thought, punches harder than I thought and gave no excuses. He's very likeable as a person and a boxer and an immense credit to boxing and to Denmark!
PrideOfWales is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 12:13 AM   #4
Paulie
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,027
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Kessler is NO overrated european bum!!!

Joe should fight Bute and trie to get the IBF belt. He is missing one...but Bute his a high risk level fighter...
Paulie is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 12:14 AM   #5
teetop
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 326
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Kessler is NO overrated european bum!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blocky
Joe, when he was on his game, was beating Kessler easily - the thing is, he just didn't have the consistency tonight that he had against Lacy.

He beat Kessler at his own game, against Lacy - he fought Lacy with his own game, not Lacy's game.

The result over Kessler for me is just as bad - Joe outboxed Kessler from the outside, Kessler was supposedly unbeatable from there.
No blocky you were right before in your analysis prefight. Joe's fast enough to beat kessler at his own fight, but kessler was able to do to
joe what other fighters only talk about doing to joe before they fight him. And it's not b/c joe's eroding, it's because kessler is a highly skilled
fighter who really never stopped trying to win. Joe has several fights
left, and after the fun he had, he'll realize it too.

Hail king calzaghe.
teetop is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 12:15 AM   #6
Smazz20
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,426
vCash: 75
Default Re: Kessler is NO overrated european bum!!!

Eubank is still his hardest ever fight. But massive respect to Kessler. Excellent fight. He, along with JC, made it memorable
Smazz20 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 12:16 AM   #7
Rollo
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 702
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Kessler is NO overrated european bum!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blocky
The result over Kessler for me is just as bad - Joe outboxed Kessler from the outside, Kessler was supposedly unbeatable from there.
You´re right!
Rollo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 12:17 AM   #8
Korn_06
ESB Slave
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Beijing, China
Posts: 214
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Kessler is NO overrated european bum!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie
Joe should fight Bute and trie to get the IBF belt. He is missing one...but Bute his a high risk level fighter...
Can someone get rid of this troll?
Korn_06 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 12:17 AM   #9
EpsilonAxis
HNIC
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Pop pop pop!
Posts: 3,250
vCash: 2296
Default Re: Kessler is NO overrated european bum!!!

He did great.

It just wasn't his night. Calzaghe simply out-thought him tonight, and had the better stamina overall. But Kessler held his own, I thought.
EpsilonAxis is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 12:17 AM   #10
kk17
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hamburg Germany
Posts: 1,788
vCash: 1249
Default Re: Kessler is NO overrated european bum!!!

of course Kessler isn't overrated beside calzaghe there is no one in supermiddleweight who can beat him. I would favor Kessler vs Talyor, Pavlik

Last edited by kk17; 02-09-2011 at 03:53 PM.
kk17 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 12:21 AM   #11
English Nutter
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bournemouth,England
Posts: 154
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Kessler is NO overrated european bum!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blocky
Joe, when he was on his game, was beating Kessler easily - the thing is, he just didn't have the consistency tonight that he had against Lacy.

He beat Kessler at his own game, against Lacy - he fought Lacy with his own game, not Lacy's game.

The result over Kessler for me is just as bad - Joe outboxed Kessler from the outside, Kessler was supposedly unbeatable from there.
Kessler was 10 times better than lacy was,that's why he never dominated him for 12 rounds,it was closer than i fought but that's good isn't it.
English Nutter is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013