Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 06-08-2010, 10:44 AM   #1
Akxtinguish
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Audley Harrison camp says David Haye talks have opened

Quote:
Audley Harrison's camp says it is "in discussions" with WBA title-holder David Haye over an all-British heavyweight showdown later this year.

Harrison, 38, has vacated the European crown he won with a last-gasp knockout of Michael Sprott in April.

But the Olympic champions says he will be ready to fight in October having recovered from a torn pectoral muscle.

"David Haye is a false prophet. One punch and that chin will shatter like glass," said Harrison.

"If I was him I'd keep running from the Klitschkos and keep beating up on shop-worn American heavyweights.

"I'm told by my promoters that both David Haye and the Klitschko brothers have expressed an interest in facing me when I return after rehab.

"If it's either Klitschko brother the task will be hard, but that's how I want it. I respect both brothers as they are effective at what they do but both can be beat.

"Whatever the route I will find a way to fulfil my destiny and become heavyweight champion of the world."

Haye's manager and trainer Adam Booth was unavailable for comment on Tuesday.

Vitali Klitschko, 38, is the WBC title-holder and laboured to a 10th-round knockout of Poland's Albert Sosnowski in his last fight last month.

Sosnowski held the European title before Harrison and was scheduled to fight the 2000 Olympic champion in April but opted for a clash with Vitali Klitschko instead.

Wladimir Klitschko, 34, is the IBF and WBO title-holder and was scheduled to fight Haye last year, only for the Englishman to withdraw with a back injury.

Haye went on to fight Nikolay Valuev for the WBA belt instead, outpointed the Russian in Nuremburg last November.

Haye, 29, knocked out former world champion John Ruiz in nine rounds in April, since when he has been non-committal about his future.

But Harrison's promoter Eddie Hearn has no doubts as to what Haye's next move should be, calling a match between the two Londoners potentially "the biggest the UK has ever seen".

"Everyone wants to fight Audley because they know what he brings to the table," added Hearn, the son of veteran promoter Barry.

"He will be installed as the mandatory challenger for the European title but we are also in discussions with the Klitchkos and David Haye and Adam Booth regarding a world title shot later this year.

"Audley's last two appearances in the UK have attracted record viewing figures, so couple that with David Haye's popularity and the fight is huge."
Since winning gold at the Sydney Olympics, Harrison's professional career has been a rollercoaster affair and before his victory over Sprott in April he had never been in possession of a recognised title.

His career looked all but over before his triumph in Barry Hearn's Prizefighter heavyweight tournament last October and he was behind on points against Sprott before producing a stunning left hook in the final round.

And while Eddie Hearn might be overstating things when he says a match between Haye and Harrison, who used to be close friends, is potentially the biggest in British history, it would certainly appeal to many boxing fans.
Source: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Akxtinguish is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2010, 10:47 AM   #2
Grievesy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 309
Default Re: Audley Harrison camp says David Haye talks have opened

Oh dear!!!!!!

This is very disappointing if true. Losing my faith in Haye tbh. He needs to stop ****ing about.
Grievesy is offline  Top
Old 06-08-2010, 10:49 AM   #3
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

vCash: 664

Audley hasn't got a "camp", Brighton style or otherwise
icemax is offline  Top
Old 06-09-2010, 05:55 AM   #4
alfi balboa
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

Audley has done nothing to merit this fight..another very piss poor performance to win his euro title...i really grudge him it.....(no he cant),hope haye bombs him out very quickly if its ppv then no way im watching it..
alfi balboa is offline  Top
Old 06-09-2010, 06:02 AM   #5
Squire
Never Truly Lost
ESB Addict

vCash: 7213

I've just read another shamefully pro-Haye article in the British media trying to make out that Haye is chasing the Klitschkos for a fight but that somehow politics is getting in the way and he may have to settle for Harrison. What a ****ing joke, the guy that wrote it is either intentionally misleading the public or simply doesn't have a ****ing clue

Quote:
Yet Haye is still having trouble talking either of the Klitschko brothers into a world heavyweiight championship match

The natural progression for Haye is to take on either Wladimir or Vitali Klitschko in a bid to add more heavyweight belts to the WBA title he took from the gigantic Nikolai Valuev.
But for all the belligerent talk the incentive for these Ukrainians to take a risk against Haye's speed diminishes every time they draw 50,000-plus crowds to football grounds in Germany to see them swat less dangerous challengers, as Vitali has just done against Es***-based Pole Albert Sosnowski.
Hence a domestic spat with Audley Harrison looms larger, always assuming our former Olympic gold medallist can negotiate safely a first defence of his hard-won European title.

Source;

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Squire is offline  Top
Old 06-09-2010, 06:07 AM   #6
NSFW
ESB interacial lovin...
ESB Addict

vCash: 2266

No doubt Haye will get an injury when the fight gets close...I do not think he has what it takes to be A-Force...
NSFW is offline  Top
Old 06-09-2010, 06:11 AM   #7
boxingscience
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 583

very disapointing to read this. i won't be paying for this fight, that's for sure. haye will bomb him out quickly, and it won't prove nothing.
boxingscience is offline  Top
Old 06-09-2010, 07:16 AM   #8
Bajingo
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1479

My respect for Haye is rapidly dropping, I hoped that this was all speculation but it seems like it may well happen.
Bajingo is offline  Top
Old 06-09-2010, 07:25 AM   #9
DamonD
Champion
East Side Guru

Too much obfuscation going on with this at the moment, no-one should be taking any of this as written in stone yet.
DamonD is offline  Top
Old 06-09-2010, 07:35 AM   #10
HairyHighlander
BASS !! HOWLOWCANUGO ??
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonD View Post
Too much obfuscation going on with this at the moment, no-one should be taking any of this as written in stone yet.
Thank you.

All these people talking of there respect dropping into the ocean n shit.......and **** alls been confirmed.

Surprised people havent been making there own threads to highlight there dissapointment and highlight there semi self importance

I want to know, who they do respect in comparison to Hayes record now that he is having a possible on paper easy pay day.
HairyHighlander is offline  Top
Old 06-09-2010, 07:55 AM   #11
TYSON DURAN
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

If Haye takes this fight it's a joke. Audley has done nothing to warrant a title shot and does nothing to add to his legacy. If he doesn't want the brothers Klit yet at least face somebody like Adamek.
TYSON DURAN is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum