Old 06-11-2010, 08:26 PM   #16
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Audley Harrison "A Nation living in Fear"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ero-sennin View Post
Prima you know I think you're an asshole but that was beautiful man. The best ****in post I've ever read on this forum. You can quote me on that shit, I'm deadly serious. Good luck to Audley, I hope he achieves his dream. I also agree that a fight with Haye would be interesting. It's a great story.

The problem for Haye is that When Haye started his new school, in front of everyone he went up to the biggest baddest, older kid and said he was gonna knock him out. Wladimir laughed him off at first but little David kept pushing his buttons untill Wladimir said "Okay! meet me in the basketball court after school". Haye is in a difficult position now. If he doesn't fight Wladimir or his older brother in his next fight, he's gonna take a lot of shit. The whole school is going to call him a coward. Personally, I say **** it, why not make the fight with Audley happen? I mean, Haye is chinny, Harrison can hit, and he's got skills. We know that. His attitude and heart have been called into question but never his skill. Can he do it? Maybe. I give him more of a chance than most people are.

I would rather Haye fight Vitali next though. The man is getting old and said he will retire at the end of the year. If Haye wants to get any credit he's gonna have to do it now or never.

Good luck to Audley. It would be a nice end to a story if he can finally achieve his dream. You are right about the fight. It is a compelling story and I would watch it. Just imagine if he caused an upset and he ended up being the one to fight the Klits. What a shock that would be.

Let me ask you this though Prima. Do you talk like this in real life or just on the net? What the **** happened to you that makes you so passionate? I wanna hear your story if you don't mind telling it, and I'm serious. Cuz I'll be dissapointed if you just say something like "well one time I took some magic mushrooms and I was like woaahh man, I just figured out the meaning of life". I'm serious here, not playing around. You've talked about life changing experiences before, so I was curious.

I've not found out the meaning of life, i used to think everything was about winning and being the best, now i understand its just about justice. Life is about justice, and doing yourself justice.............................................

In 24 years of my life, i have never once did myself true justice. All guys like Audley Harrison are trying to do, is do themselves what they think their Justice is, that's all their trying to do. And in 2010, I'm back to do myself Justice, i don't know how old you are.....but there will be a moment in your life. When you reach a crossroads, and you get to choose two things. Settle down, live a plane slaying life with some safety or success, or you can choose the risk everything to achieve your biggest and deepest ambitions.

I reached that moment this year, and i don't give a shit anymore. I can only tell you snippets, but thats why i came back, and everyday is a battle.

I talk like this in real life, I'm typing this shit.

My story is long, and emotional and at one time, promising. But that's just it, its not over yet...!

And I'm not calling it quits yet.
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2010, 08:29 PM   #17
DDA365
Gatecrasher
ESB Senior Member

Primadonna Koool needs to work for skys marketing department

good ****ing hype man
DDA365 is offline  Top
Old 06-12-2010, 08:15 AM   #18
ero-sennin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadonna Kool View Post
I've not found out the meaning of life, i used to think everything was about winning and being the best, now i understand its just about justice. Life is about justice, and doing yourself justice.............................................

In 24 years of my life, i have never once did myself true justice. All guys like Audley Harrison are trying to do, is do themselves what they think their Justice is, that's all their trying to do. And in 2010, I'm back to do myself Justice, i don't know how old you are.....but there will be a moment in your life. When you reach a crossroads, and you get to choose two things. Settle down, live a plane slaying life with some safety or success, or you can choose the risk everything to achieve your biggest and deepest ambitions.

I reached that moment this year, and i don't give a shit anymore. I can only tell you snippets, but thats why i came back, and everyday is a battle.

I talk like this in real life, I'm typing this shit.

My story is long, and emotional and at one time, promising. But that's just it, its not over yet...!

And I'm not calling it quits yet.
I think I know that choice Prima. I've had to make that choice. That's why I can relate to that post. I'm just a little bit younger than you are. Too old to do certain things I wanted to do before, because I took the comfortable route, but still young enough to turn back and go it alone. I went back and decided to do it my own way. But, I haven't reached the point where I can just say "**** it". I don't know how to be that free yet, but maybe you're right. Maybe one day I'll have that moment. What you said about Audley is right. He's no joke. He's 38 years old and still going. Audley is not even in my top 20 favourite fighters probably, but an olympic gold medalist is no Fraud. What I do know is that he keeps trying when everyone has written him off long ago. Even if he's failed so far, he's living his life, not just surviving like everyone else.

The type of person who wants Audley to fail is a comfortable dude. I know that type of person Prima. I know them well. I hope he achieves his long dream of becoming heavyweight champion of the world. Yes he ****ing can.
ero-sennin is offline  Top
Old 06-12-2010, 11:39 AM   #19
armhard
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Why don't Prima and you double date and then get a room....
armhard is offline  Top
Old 06-12-2010, 12:01 PM   #20
ero-sennin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

^

Look man, me and Prima have had our differences but he's spot on here. Audley is a man on a mission.

You're just mad cuz you're probably the type of guy I'm talkin bout. The type that has to run home from the pub cuz your wife called you and said if you don't get home in 5 minutes, you aint getting none. You know, the type that has to sleep on the couch when you have an argument, even though your money paid for the bed, and the house and everything else. its YOU that has to sleep on the couch. You put up with it cuz you're comfortable, you get some if you earn points with her and once a month you get to stay out with your buddies past 10 pm. So you think fair enough, I'm doin alright, and you're satisfied. Aint that right? You're probably that man already, or will become that man.
Old 06-12-2010, 12:19 PM   #21
Ilesey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 172

All this tripe because he beat Sprott in a fight he was having his ass handed to him.....again. Perhaps we should all hail Ustinov for that matter, or Vidoz.

Had Harrison not landed that punch we wouldn't even be talking about him now. He may well have given up his belt (arguably his best achievement yet) for a fight that probably won't happen.
Ilesey is offline  Top
Old 06-12-2010, 12:19 PM   #22
rooq
East Side Guru

Quote:
^

Look man, me and Prima have had our differences but he's spot on here. Audley is a man on a mission.

You're just mad cuz you're probably the type of guy I'm talkin bout. The type that has to run home from the pub cuz your wife called you and said if you don't get home in 5 minutes, you aint getting none. You know, the type that has to sleep on the couch when you have an argument, even though your money paid for the bed, and the house and everything else. its YOU that has to sleep on the couch. You put up with it cuz you're comfortable, you get some if you earn points with her and once a month you get to stay out with your buddies past 10 pm. So you think fair enough, I'm doin alright, and you're satisfied. Aint that right? You're probably that man already, or will become that man.
you got all that from a 12 word post?
rooq is offline  Top
Old 06-12-2010, 12:23 PM   #23
ero-sennin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilesey View Post
All this tripe because he beat Sprott in a fight he was having his ass handed to him.....again. Perhaps we should all hail Ustinov for that matter, or Vidoz.

Had Harrison not landed that punch we wouldn't even be talking about him now. He may well have given up his belt (arguably his best achievement yet) for a fight that probably won't happen.
But he injured his shoulder. He was fighting one handed.

Rooq-Don't take what I say so seriously
Old 06-12-2010, 12:24 PM   #24
Ilesey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
But he injured his shoulder. He was fighting one handed.

Rooq-Don't take what I say so seriously
Oh, yeah otherwise he would have been a raging beast - bulldozing through his opponents like he usually does.
Ilesey is offline  Top
Old 06-12-2010, 12:34 PM   #25
ero-sennin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilesey View Post
Oh, yeah otherwise he would have been a raging beast - bulldozing through his opponents like he usually does.
He's not exciting, he's failed to live up to expectations, but he's still here. If he hadn't landed that punch that would've been it. Retired. He came back from the brink and is still here. The important thing is, he landed it. Like I said, he's not one of my favourite fighters but I want him to succeed because he's still here, at 38, still trying despite people making fun of him and not taking him seriously. I'm jut saying, he's an olympic medalist so to those calling him a fraud or a loser. What have they achieved in life? I don't know, but I think they're probably just regular guys with a regular job, nothing special, but for some reason they think they're something.

There are fighters I dislike, but I respect them.
Old 06-12-2010, 01:15 PM   #26
Ilesey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
He's not exciting, he's failed to live up to expectations, but he's still here. If he hadn't landed that punch that would've been it. Retired. He came back from the brink and is still here. The important thing is, he landed it. Like I said, he's not one of my favourite fighters but I want him to succeed because he's still here, at 38, still trying despite people making fun of him and not taking him seriously. I'm jut saying, he's an olympic medalist so to those calling him a fraud or a loser. What have they achieved in life? I don't know, but I think they're probably just regular guys with a regular job, nothing special, but for some reason they think they're something.

There are fighters I dislike, but I respect them.
Agreed, but that's not the way this thread is portrayed, or is the nation living in fear? I respect that he has plugged away despite the nay-sayers but part of the reason he was on the receiving end of so much slack is due to the way he hyped himself up.

I would envisage that some (not the majority) who give Audley shit have actually achieved more in their respective fields. For example, the former Director of my company did a tour of Iraq has come back and worked his way up to Director level for one of the UK's biggest Health and Safety companies. Due to his efforts we now have standing across Europe and within 6 years the goal is to look at venturing worldwide. He now has set up his own business and helps failing companies. For me THAT is a success story - not someone who has failed to deliver but is still in the background because he has a "goal".

His perserveance I can admire and it is a trait that many people should mirror. But he is still the same old Audley who will freeze under attack, go into his shell, take rounds off rather than breathers and should he get his chance at Haye he will find himself on the deck - early.
Ilesey is offline  Top
Old 06-12-2010, 02:40 PM   #27
NoHomeJerome
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

I've always said a prime and motivated A-Force Audley Harrison is trouble for any HW in history.

Yes He Can.
NoHomeJerome is offline  Top
Old 06-12-2010, 03:34 PM   #28
armhard
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

The reason Aud has stayed boxing and soldier on is because.....he can't do **** all else...except stand on the door
armhard is offline  Top
Old 06-12-2010, 03:45 PM   #29
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by armhard View Post
The reason Aud has stayed boxing and soldier on is because.....he can't do **** all else...except stand on the door
dose'nt he have a degree **** face..?

A-force promotions..?

People forget that Audley was a smart buisness man in the early part of his career...
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Old 06-12-2010, 04:33 PM   #30
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP

I think i read once that Audley earned a Million Pound through his non boxing businesses. He had a few companies set up in his early days i think.
Mandanda is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum