Old 06-13-2010, 01:32 AM   #16
goodnight
The Ayatula of Rockenrula
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2391
Default Re: mundines mouth enters storm in teacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by hell on legs View Post
Im an eels supporter and was dirty on them for taking Tahu back. He's an over-rated sooky la la.
Im white, no racist inkling at all, but i dont get the getting offended by names, especially these days.
If anyone watched the footy show this morning, Gordon Tallis has the spot on attitude towards racism.
**** off back to union Tahu !

mate I played for logan city in rugby union and was the only white dude in the team, I was always referred to from opposition as "get the white cunt" coz I was the only whitey in the team. who cares - I am white, and i am a cunt nothing really to get upset about. But then again, you can only be racist if your white
goodnight is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2010, 01:38 AM   #17
Gesta
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 300

[quote=sallywinder;7055687] oh.........and i have aboriginal heritage, and jewish heritage.

quote]

First time I have heard of that mix.
Gesta is offline  Top
Old 06-13-2010, 01:47 AM   #18
davepfe

vCash: 1000

yeah as if mundine wrote that! He would have struggled to complete a full sentence.
davepfe is offline  Top
Old 06-13-2010, 02:10 AM   #19
Rodin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Tahu wrote

''I never knew Laurie Daley was Aboriginal until two years ago,'' Tahu says. ''And it makes you wonder if Laurie Daley had recognised himself publicly as an Aboriginal in the past, would he still have made all those rep teams and played for Australia? That's just an example."

Because HE didn't know Laurie had aboriginal blood, that makes Laurie a dud?

I'm a feeble old cunt that has never met Laurie but I've known about his aboriginality since he started to make a name for himself, & I'm no League tragic.

While the rule of no racism in League is hard & fast, I do think Tahu needs to get the chip off his shoulder.
What he went through as a kid was sickening but carrying it around with him is no way to set an example I don't think.
Rodin is offline  Top
Old 06-13-2010, 02:14 AM   #20
goodnight
The Ayatula of Rockenrula
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2391

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
Tahu wrote

''I never knew Laurie Daley was Aboriginal until two years ago,'' Tahu says. ''And it makes you wonder if Laurie Daley had recognised himself publicly as an Aboriginal in the past, would he still have made all those rep teams and played for Australia? That's just an example."
never stopped meninga
goodnight is offline  Top
Old 06-13-2010, 02:17 AM   #21
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

I like Tahu but he's come back to League from Union with a hell of a lot of pent-up aggro in him. Great player, I met him years ago when he was still up-and-coming at the Knights and he was a really nice bloke, seemed to have his head screwed on right.

As for his claim that past greats were afraid to announce their Aboriginal heritage, what of Ricky Walford and the 'brother's corner' in the dressing sheds at Kogarah, Cliffy Lyon, Mal Meninga, Artie Beetson, etc? They're legends going back several generations and they were all pretty open about their heritage.

Plenty of Aboriginal players have been selected for rep honours over the years.

Considering the majority of first grade NRL players are now of either Aboriginal or Polynesian background, how can anyone claim that whitey is still keeping them down?
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 06-13-2010, 02:59 AM   #22
Rise Above
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 210

Tahu is a big sook but Johns is a ****wit and shouldnt have said what he did.
Rise Above is offline  Top
Old 06-13-2010, 03:17 AM   #23
wangman
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 75

Im not sure if this is on topic, but i dont care. Has anyone gone to watch a predominantly Islander team take on an indigenous team? I dont think ive heard anything more racist in my life. They werent the most imaginative but the use of coconuts and spearchuckers were thrown around quite alot. I myself (coz i look anglo) have been called a convict by plenty of indigenous players.

If i tried to make some sort of complaint i would of been laughed at, some of these blokes need to harden the **** up, the hole idea of sledging is to get the opposition player off his game.

This leads me back to SOO last year when all the "black" players from queensland wanted a photo to themselves with the trophy and wouldnt allow any white players in it. I bet you if Lockyer chose to have a white only photo, at the end of the preso everyone would be up in arms.
wangman is offline  Top
Old 06-13-2010, 03:39 AM   #24
hell on legs
The Human tank
ESB Jr Member

Location: when Bruce banner got mad he turned into the hulk, when the hulk got mad he turned into hell on legs

My son plays league against Cabra, they are full of fobs, so called racism isn't a one way street.
hell on legs is offline  Top
Old 06-13-2010, 04:08 AM   #25
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallywinder View Post
joey johns aparently said to timana tahu about greg ingliss..." i want you to smash that black cunt..". to which tahu, (who is mauri, and and white as me) walked out of the NSW camp citing racism.

i, myself, have played 20 years of rugby league with and against aboriginal players...black fellas. they dont mind being called black fellas, they call eachother black fellas, call us white fellas, etc, etc. ( i hope an aussie mod sees this thread as he will understand what im saying..)

often, either, on the field, or in the dressing sheds, black fellas, or white fellas will say, 'hit that black cunt'. or 'hit that white cunt'. it isnt racism. its just how country footballers interact with eachother in rugby league teams in australia.

black fellas call eachother 'black fellas', and often call white fellas 'white fellas' when explaining who someone is.

what joey johns has said wasnt unusual. what tahu has done is!!!!!

there is nothing wrong with being a black fella or a white fella. coulour isnt the point. its just a description of the player, or person.

so in rolls mundines big mouth. now he recons he never played for australia because of racism.........which mal meninga (a black fella) laughs at. mal was a selector in those days, and mundine just wsnt first in line for the position.

but mundine is using this unfortunate media blow up, to make his own profile rise, and promote his next sham fight.

how low can mundog stoop?

oh.........and i have aboriginal heritage, and jewish heritage.

timana could have said somerthing to joey, as they have played football together that goes back to 96.......timana could have kept it in camp. but he is a drama queen. do a google on what he said about rugby league before he defected to rugby!!!!

but the real villiain here is mundog. trying to sell tickets throught a racism row....
I read the link sally...it says nothing about Mindines next fight....your the drama queen sally

For the record I dont care if a bloke is red white or blue...they all can still be cunts
ashley is offline  Top
Old 06-13-2010, 05:30 AM   #26
SwampRat
Journeyman

vCash: 500

What Johns said was not directed in a malicious manner and more so in banter as Tahu the big sook himself said it was.

He could have tapped Johns on the shoulder when it was said and told him to pull his head in or else. Even make Johns apologize.

What he has done though is turned something which was nothing into a circus and now the fools are out in force with the racist crap. Get a grip FFS.

In 250 plus first grade games for the Knights there was not one mention of such comments directed at any indigenous player from opposing teams or inside his own club. He played with many of them including the sook Tahu and never once did I see him when he blew up verbally attack 'em. He was very passionate too about winning and losing.

From the time Inglis started out at Melbourne, Johns has done nothing but praise the man at every opportunity he got.

Now that he has said one silly comment, that we are all guilty of doing at times he's the worst c@nt in the world. Grow up.

I have a couple of mates from aboriginal backgrounds that I get on the drink with on weekends and that sort of talk is the norm. It just depends at how it's directed that matters. If I get up to get a beer, I sometimes get comments like" Grab me one too gubba".... Or come on you "white Cunt hurry up"..... I normally reply, "wait you silly black c@nt and everyone laughs.....

If I direct it with conviction in the heat of the moment it's a different ball game. But I don't do because I know how it comes across.

Tahu is just looking for a pat on the back. Keep the race card alive.

Please....... it's something kids revert to FFS. Grow up Timana
SwampRat is offline  Top
Old 06-13-2010, 06:02 AM   #27
oztriker
Belt holder
ESB Addict

****ing big girl..... Tahu should be wearing a ****ing skirt...... ****ing drama queen
oztriker is offline  Top
Old 06-13-2010, 06:14 AM   #28
ipswich express
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampRat View Post
What Johns said was not directed in a malicious manner and more so in banter as Tahu the big sook himself said it was.

He could have tapped Johns on the shoulder when it was said and told him to pull his head in or else. Even make Johns apologize.

What he has done though is turned something which was nothing into a circus and now the fools are out in force with the racist crap. Get a grip FFS.

In 250 plus first grade games for the Knights there was not one mention of such comments directed at any indigenous player from opposing teams or inside his own club. He played with many of them including the sook Tahu and never once did I see him when he blew up verbally attack 'em. He was very passionate too about winning and losing.

From the time Inglis started out at Melbourne, Johns has done nothing but praise the man at every opportunity he got.

Now that he has said one silly comment, that we are all guilty of doing at times he's the worst c@nt in the world. Grow up.

I have a couple of mates from aboriginal backgrounds that I get on the drink with on weekends and that sort of talk is the norm. It just depends at how it's directed that matters. If I get up to get a beer, I sometimes get comments like" Grab me one too gubba".... Or come on you "white Cunt hurry up"..... I normally reply, "wait you silly black c@nt and everyone laughs.....

If I direct it with conviction in the heat of the moment it's a different ball game. But I don't do because I know how it comes across.

Tahu is just looking for a pat on the back. Keep the race card alive.

Please....... it's something kids revert to FFS. Grow up Timana
That's all well and good, but how do you know what context it was said in? I'm sure Tahu didn't turn down an opportunity to represent his state lightly.
ipswich express is offline  Top
Old 06-13-2010, 06:15 AM   #29
oztriker
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Joey should have called Inglis a woman bashing beige cunt ..... and no-one would have complained.

I wonder if Tahu was upset at Inglis bashing his Missus.... or is that OK because she is white?
oztriker is offline  Top
Old 06-13-2010, 06:22 AM   #30
oztriker
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipswich express View Post
That's all well and good, but how do you know what context it was said in? I'm sure Tahu didn't turn down an opportunity to represent his state lightly.
We now know what context it was said in..... During a team rev up Joey told Beau Scott that he had to stop that black cunt (referring to Inglis)

And instead of just manning up and speaking to Joey about his comment immediately.... he stews on it like a big girl and causes maximum disruption for his team mates ..... He should never be selected in any future rep teams for that reason alone
oztriker is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum