Old 06-13-2010, 12:04 AM   #1
DaSweetScience
Its Spinal
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Sweet Science: Briggs, Mundine, Pawsey, Holiday, Les Darcy event update

Monday Night FightZone - Monday June 14, 2010

1. 6-8pm AEST- The Sweet Science National Boxing Program

Program #203 : This week's Sweet Science boxing program is broadcast live from Koori Radio 93.7FM in Sydney.

The show features the following:

News Wrap with Paul Upham including:

- Results from Jason Kanofski v Philip Holiday Australian light middleweight and Shane McConville v Philip Maley light heavyweight title fights
- Preview of Super 6 showdown between Andre Ward and Allan Green
- W. Klitschko's trainer Manny Steward rips into David Haye on his reluctance to sign the contract

- Then interviews:

- Daniel Pawsey: Promoter/fighter to talk about his upcoming card at Randwick Labor Club.

- Philip Holiday: Former world champion and now Australian junior middleweight champion to chat about his war with Jason Kanofski on Friday night

- Arnold Thomas: Australian National Boxing Hall of Fame historian to update on the Les Darcy grave restoration unveiling to be held in Maitland on June 26.

- Paul Briggs: The Hurricane to discuss the making of the fight and his preparation for the showdown with Danny Green

- Anthony Mundine: The Man to discuss his upcoming fight on June 30

Radio: The Sweet Science Australian National boxing radio program is broadcast live to over 50 stations on the National Indigenous Radio Service including:

Sydney: Koori Radio: 93.7 FM
Melbourne: 3KND: 1503 AM
Townsville: 4K1G: 107.1 FM

Internet:

Click on the following link to listen live on Koori Radio

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Alternatively listen on [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] or via itunes on [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

2. 11.30pm - KOTV on Foxtel Channel 519 (Sky Racing Service)

KOTV is a half hour international weekly boxing news, interviews, previews and historical feature program courtesy of Sky Ringside.

Tonights show features:

- Feature on Mike Tyson in his prime

- Tony Thompson and Own Beck clash at heavyweight
- 88th birthday feature on the late Rocky Graziano as he takes on rival Tony Zale in 1948

- Note : KOTV is repeated at 8.30am AEST on Tuesdays and 8am on Wednesdays

3. 12 midnight Canvas Classics on Foxtel Channel 519 (Sky Racing Channel

Alfredo Angulo v Joel Julio Interim WBO Light Middleweight title

Last edited by DaSweetScience; 06-13-2010 at 10:10 PM.
DaSweetScience is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2010, 03:32 AM   #2
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 970
Default Re: Sweet Science: Green, Mundine, Pawsey, Holiday, Les Darcy event update

Top cast DSS....some burning issues....should be a very interesting listening.
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Old 06-13-2010, 05:58 AM   #3
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Default Re: Sweet Science: Green, Mundine, Pawsey, Holiday, Les Darcy event update

Good show DSS....looking forward to this ome mate

If you need a few viewer questions.....

Ask Mundine if hes stopped eating snickers bars and drinking V yet to get down in weight.

Also congratulate Holiday on a great win and if he will be chasing the man at 154
ashley is offline  Top
Old 06-13-2010, 06:07 AM   #4
perfect jet
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post
Good show DSS....looking forward to this ome mate

If you need a few viewer questions.....

Ask Mundine if hes stopped eating snickers bars and drinking V yet to get down in weight.

Also congratulate Holiday on a great win and if he will be chasing the man at 154
Hang on.

Holiday v Mundine.

Did you seriously just entertain that thought?

Philip Holiday.

The lights aren't even on at your place Ash.
perfect jet is offline  Top
Old 06-13-2010, 06:24 AM   #5
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfect jet View Post
Hang on.

Holiday v Mundine.

Did you seriously just entertain that thought?

Philip Holiday.

The lights aren't even on at your place Ash.
Why so funny mate...quite a few aussie fighters from welter to CW are calling out choc

Holiday did just win the vacant 154 aussie title....I bet Holiday calls out choc
ashley is offline  Top
Old 06-13-2010, 07:46 AM   #6
perfect jet
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Why so funny mate...quite a few aussie fighters from welter to CW are calling out choc

Holiday did just win the vacant 154 aussie title....I bet Holiday calls out choc
Ash, I'm calling out Choc for a fight. I'm 38, haven't trained, and can't fight. So I have no doubt that Holiday would probably put his name in the mix to land a fat cheque too.

But you are interested enough in Holiday v Mundine that you want someone to ask Philip if he plans to chase Choc for a fight, all because he is now an aussie belt holder.

Mundine fights make me sick. Holiday v Mundine is beyond sick.

Do you really want to see Mundine v Holiday?
Old 06-13-2010, 08:04 AM   #7
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Ash, I'm calling out Choc for a fight. I'm 38, haven't trained, and can't fight. So I have no doubt that Holiday would probably put his name in the mix to land a fat cheque too.

But you are interested enough in Holiday v Mundine that you want someone to ask Philip if he plans to chase Choc for a fight, all because he is now an aussie belt holder.

Mundine fights make me sick. Holiday v Mundine is beyond sick.

Do you really want to see Mundine v Holiday?
Let me ask you this question....

would you rather see Mundine v Argie or Mundine v holiday?
ashley is offline  Top
Old 06-13-2010, 08:18 AM   #8
perfect jet
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Let me ask you this question....

would you rather see Mundine v Argie or Mundine v holiday?
Why would I want to see either?

Why is the choice narrowed down to those two?
Old 06-13-2010, 08:22 AM   #9
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Why would I want to see either?

Why is the choice narrowed down to those two?

I dont know....I was just asking as holiday will be on the show and hes now at 154...well sort of...just thought he will call out choc Monday
ashley is offline  Top
Old 06-13-2010, 08:40 AM   #10
perfect jet
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
I dont know....I was just asking as holiday will be on the show and hes now at 154...well sort of...just thought he will call out choc Monday
It's one thing to think that's a likely scenario - that Holiday will call out Mundine.

But to ask a panelist to raise the question when he speaks with Holiday?...c'mon mate, that shows a genuine interest in the fight. Or at the very least...psychotic behavour in wanting to hear Mundine's name on the radio.
Old 06-13-2010, 08:48 AM   #11
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
It's one thing to think that's a likely scenario - that Holiday will call out Mundine.

But to ask a panelist to raise the question when he speaks with Holiday?...c'mon mate, that shows a genuine interest in the fight. Or at the very least...psychotic behavour in wanting to hear Mundine's name on the radio.
If I had my way choc would be fighting guys like Manfredo, Brewer, Vera and the like....I just think Holiday will mention Mundine

Some people are saying chocs fight is off......

Holiday has just won the aussie 154.....ex world champ....lives in Brisbane.....

Im just putting 1 and 2 together and coming up with 100........but I could never add up
ashley is offline  Top
Old 06-13-2010, 08:58 AM   #12
perfect jet
Belt holder
ESB Addict

would Mundine v holiday make you violently ill, to the point of calling an Ambulance?

is the aussie 154 title supposed to have some sort of relevance here? you have mentioned it in every post. I'm not getting it.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:04 AM   #13
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
would Mundine v holiday make you violently ill, to the point of calling an Ambulance?

is the aussie 154 title supposed to have some sort of relevance here? you have mentioned it in every post. I'm not getting it.
I have no idea about the aussie title or 154....all im saying is he will call out mundine like most guys do within 2 or 3 divisions of choc
ashley is offline  Top
Old 06-13-2010, 09:09 AM   #14
perfect jet
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
I have no idea about the aussie title or 154....all im saying is he will call out mundine like most guys do within 2 or 3 divisions of choc
would it make you viloently ill, to the point of being taken to an ER room at your local hospital?
Old 06-13-2010, 09:16 AM   #15
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
would it make you viloently ill, to the point of being taken to an ER room at your local hospital?
No more than fightingthe 100 ranked argie....but the interest is at choc making weight here not fighting a hard puncher
ashley is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum