Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 06-16-2010, 04:14 AM   #1
sallywinder
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default perhaps mundine was right. selectors were racist.

firstly, i dont think mundine was ready to play for australia at the time he retired. he may have been ready later on, but i dont think he was ready, though he certainly had the ability. yes, i think there have been times when aboriginal RL players were overlooked in place of 'safe' white players for state of origin. i cant give examples, but i do think that is probably right.

i lived in NZ for a period. i sat next to a big mauri rep player once and watched a test; oz vs nz. he made a statement. "you want white forwards, and black backs". does that mean is HE RACIST?

for the record...sallywiner doesnt hold with this (the vomit below from andrew johns) in any way or form. and never in my playing days did i encounter that sort of shit.
Quote:
THE racism scandal enveloping Andrew Johns has deepened with the disgraced NSW assistant coach accused of using several offensive racist slurs including "coon", "Abbo", "******" and "monkey" at a boozy Blues bonding session last week.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
my kids are 1/2 asian, ive aboriginal blood, and my godfather was tony lovelock, aka tony dallas. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] they have tony listed as from 'wickham', but he was from 'wingham' same place as my as my dad. they once did the ballroom dancing circuts on the nsw north coast, usually either of them winning. both were 'good looking blackfellas that looked pretty white. tony was dads best mate, and my godfather. tony boxed, dad wasnt interested. tony died of alcoholism. dad did also, but 30 years later....

what i said in my opening post was true. in years gone by, aussies, be they aboriginal or black called eachother 'fellas'.

perhaps australia has changed. i guess it has. i doubt i could call a polynesian a blackfella and have it understood. even though i mean no disrespect, and even though my wife is as dark as some them. which means, i feel i can marry a darker skinned person, have darker skinned people as my forebears, have olive skinned kids, and be happy they they have less chance of getting a melonoma that ive already had cut from me............so i can do all that, but some here think im not capable of judging a man by the content of his charactor.........MLK (some of you know who he is).

on this forum ive defended muslims, jews, and even mundine. and im capable of beating any of you on which side you like to take on any of these peoples or politics.
i can defend the burka, or israel, the taleban, or the americans.....equally. i can do that because it takes thought. it takes insight, it takes THINKING. you must put yourself into someone elses shoes or motivation.

to labal me a racist, and need a bath with blood in it, is ignorance. i havent a bathtub, and my 9mm wouldnt allow you inside to find out. and thats if you werent taken out at 400m by my 220 swift.

and just as an interesting example......i was born in december. so when i went to school i was always competing against bigger, older kids. i always excelled, mostly coming second, but certainly a place. my boy, i believe is better than i was. at his school the other day he lined up for the cross country. i overheard a lady saying **** will win because he has the genetics. **** is 1/2 african, 1/2 TI. my boy is me and an indonesian mother. i couldnt help ,myselff.......i said. "we'll see'.

my boy won by a street over 3 laps of the oval, against a kid that beat him the year before. (my boy was reeling him in and got confused where the finish line was at the end....) the two boys are far and away the best athletes for their age amongst 40 boys. and they are best mates.

race is not always an indicator of actions, ability etc. may the best man win....but most importantly, may we respect eachother and be friends at the end of it.

i had 20 odd amatuer fights. i cant remember one, where i eneded up disliking the other guy. the fight usually ended up in a cuddle, and greater respect.

ive said enough.

sallywinder is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-2010, 04:27 AM   #2
donkeyking
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: perhaps mundine was right. selectors were racist.

For someone who left ESB you sure post a lot.
donkeyking is offline  Top
Old 06-16-2010, 04:29 AM   #3
sallywinder
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkeyking View Post
For someone who left ESB you sure post a lot.
for a pack animal, you sure spit a load.
Old 06-16-2010, 05:14 AM   #4
goodnight
The Ayatula of Rockenrula
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2391

he was never good enough for australia let alone nsw, he never ever made a tackle and was a constant liability in defence - the same reason why that soward won't play. NRL you can hide on the wing etc but not in rep footy.

plus as a 5/8 he would never pass the ball, as he was bigger than the team.
goodnight is offline  Top
Old 06-16-2010, 05:24 AM   #5
sallywinder
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodnight View Post
he was never good enough for australia let alone nsw, he never ever made a tackle and was a constant liability in defence - the same reason why that soward won't play. NRL you can hide on the wing etc but not in rep footy.

tell you what. i love that little south sydney black fella halfback......chris sandow!!!!!!! run, tackles like a backrower, mobile, clever, can kick, and a ton of guts. id pick him over pearce.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:09 AM   #6
wangman
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallywinder View Post
tell you what. i love that little south sydney black fella halfback......chris sandow!!!!!!! run, tackles like a backrower, mobile, clever, can kick, and a ton of guts. id pick him over pearce.
He is a queenslander who goes walkabouts.
wangman is offline  Top
Old 06-16-2010, 08:26 AM   #7
Marcus
Champion
East Side Guru

good read......id tell you all how white i am and how ****ing good i am...but i have already.
Marcus is offline  Top
Old 06-16-2010, 05:50 PM   #8
RAB2204

For Eg....Nathan Merrit should of made it for NSW the year he got top try scorer...He made winger of the year but couldnt make the nsw team
RAB2204 is offline  Top
Old 06-16-2010, 07:30 PM   #9
Rodin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:

Bang on mate.

There is one simple principle in rep league, if you play solo, you're a marked man. If you are the pivot & play maker & get taken out, the team is at a disadvantage, & in that environment, you can get run over in a very short time.
Anthony thought he was bigger than the game. He might have been good enough but when you let one player run rampant, pretty soon they all want to "stand out"
That's what Choc didn't understand & he wouldn't accept teamsmanship, that's why he switched to boxing.

The racist card was an excuse IMO.
cheers
Rodin is offline  Top
Old 06-16-2010, 08:17 PM   #10
Bognashavin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:

100% correct.
Bognashavin is offline  Top
Old 06-16-2010, 08:27 PM   #11
the beaver
Belt holder
ESB Addict

There is no such thing in the last 20yrs that someone hasn't been pick for State of Origin because of race.... that is a fact.
the beaver is offline  Top
Old 06-16-2010, 08:36 PM   #12
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
good read......id tell you all how white i am and how ****ing good i am...but i have already.
stiflers mum is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum