Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 05-15-2010, 04:35 AM   #31
Bajingo
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1479
Default Re: Mormeck calls out Adamek

Sorry, but right now Adamek would beat Mormeck easily and I can't see there being any interest in this.
Bajingo is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2010, 07:02 AM   #32
Fitir
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000

Adamek is taller, younger, faster etc. but so was Haye. People forget that the current wba champ was dominated in the 1st rounds and that he was even KDed in the 4th. Mormeck is the last opponent who gave him trouble in fact. Since Mormeck had no stamina and Haye has one punch KO power the result was logical but it was not "easy" for Haye.
It wouldn't be much easier for Adamek. Adamek is more solid but he has not the same one punch KO power even if he can punch. It seems Mormeck has worked on his stamina, it was the only good point of this Oquendo fight.
I think it could end with a stoppage for Adamek but it won't be a walk in the park. If Adamek can dominate Mormeck without any problem it will be another solid name/W on his record, a good fight to stay active before a title shot.
Fitir is offline  Top
Old 05-15-2010, 09:09 AM   #33
NBT
Mοderator of Death
ESB Senior Member

The fight against Haye was 2007. Mormeck was already on the slide back then. Now he is 37 and he is the kind of fighter, who doesn't age well. I agree that Adamek isn't all that he is made out to be but Mormeck is just faded too much to be a threat nowadays.
NBT is offline  Top
Old 05-15-2010, 11:51 AM   #34
lzolnier
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Waste of time for Adamek. Right now Adamek has bigger fish to fry (Povetkin, Haye, Chambers, Klit-bros) and if none of them are available he should fight someone in the top ten ranking, not some HW freshie on an obvious decline. Adamek is not young, he should not waste his time with warm ups, especially ones who don't provide him with any learning opportunities as a HW.
lzolnier is offline  Top
Old 05-15-2010, 02:35 PM   #35
Fitir
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

OK I understand the reactions now. I read some discussions about Arreola on the general forum and some US sites...I hadn't realized how huge the HBO hype about Arreola had been !
Fitir is offline  Top
Old 05-15-2010, 10:02 PM   #36
lzolnier
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitir View Post
OK I understand the reactions now. I read some discussions about Arreola on the general forum and some US sites...I hadn't realized how huge the HBO hype about Arreola had been !

He was ranked in the top 5 by most people, had only a single loss to Vitali and was seen as one of the strongest punchers in the division. I for one never shared HBO's optimism about him being the future of this divison.However, Adamek managed to beat him in just his 3rd HW fight and thats pretty impressive, imo much more so than Haye's meager win over Valuev or ancient Ruiz, basically the division's senior circuit. In a perfect world, one would think that Mormeck hasn't yet earned a shot at a top HW contender like Adamek but there's more than merit when it comes to matchmaking so I understand.
lzolnier is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2010, 02:09 PM   #37
Fitir
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

The discussion is biased cause in a "perfect world" Arreola would have never entered the top 5. What did he do to obtain such a ranking ?!? In terms of boxing skills he probably never entered the top 20... You can't see this guy was nothing but a hype organized by a US TV ? They are fed up with the K brothers + they have looked for a Tyson for 10 years (I am sure some guys still think he can make a come back !). Result : every guy with a punch and a decent record is turned into some boxing god. Arreola has nothing but his courage and some power (no skills and no defining fight : he didn't beat anybody in the top 20)
Senor circuit, you lack respect for guys who at least have some defining fights. The boss of the division is 38 and he destroyed Arreola ! Adamek completed the job but it was more difficult. Good victory for a 3rd HW fight as you wrote but this victory is vastly overrated. It reminds me some discussions I had with a Kessler's fan I don't remember the name.
Fitir is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2010, 03:25 PM   #38
popejking
Adamek
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitir View Post
The discussion is biased cause in a "perfect world" Arreola would have never entered the top 5. What did he do to obtain such a ranking ?!? In terms of boxing skills he probably never entered the top 20... You can't see this guy was nothing but a hype organized by a US TV ? They are fed up with the K brothers + they have looked for a Tyson for 10 years (I am sure some guys still think he can make a come back !). Result : every guy with a punch and a decent record is turned into some boxing god. Arreola has nothing but his courage and some power (no skills and no defining fight : he didn't beat anybody in the top 20)
Senor circuit, you lack respect for guys who at least have some defining fights. The boss of the division is 38 and he destroyed Arreola ! Adamek completed the job but it was more difficult. Good victory for a 3rd HW fight as you wrote but this victory is vastly overrated. It reminds me some discussions I had with a Kessler's fan I don't remember the name.
I agree that Arreola is nothing special. I have always thought about him as about too fat for boxing. However he is endurant, have some power and makes the pressure. It was the test for Adamek and he passed it very good. I dont think that Adamek's victory over Arreola is overrated. It shows that Adamek belongs to HW division and can only fight better in his future fights. How good he may be? I dont know, when he faces one of the champions we will know his true value.
popejking is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2010, 06:00 PM   #39
Fitir
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Not overrated ? It seems people think Mormeck has to "earn a shot" as if Adamek had already unified the HW div ! Calm down guys : it was a win over Arreola who is far to be some modern Ali...
If Adamek beats Mormeck it's sure it will be less important for his immediate exposure in the US than the Arreola win. But in terms of general recognition Mormeck will remain a far better name on his record at the end of his career. And if he wants to fight Haye it's also good to beat Mormeck convincingly.
Fitir is offline  Top
Old 06-14-2010, 06:27 AM   #40
rumour24tiger
Contender
ESB Senior Member

throughout boxing history, fighters in their prime have faced past it names. mormeck does have a reputation and was a good world champion. adamek was a cruiserweight so it's not a terrible fight.

it would be a reasonable fight for adamek to stay busy. it won't get HBO but it will draw big in the plaes that adamek is popular in, and if polsat are ok with it, then it might make good money from polish TV.

adamek fights 3 or 4 times a year. only one of those fights will probably be an HBO date. mormeck seems a desperate and willing oppponent, and only a few years ago he was a champ.
rumour24tiger is offline  Top
Old 06-14-2010, 06:51 AM   #41
boxexpert
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

smells like an interesting fight. two former cruiser WC will certainly deliver an entertaining bout
boxexpert is offline  Top
Old 06-16-2010, 06:10 AM   #42
Fitir
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Mormeck is now ranked by the WBA (#12) and the IBF (#10). According to him the conditions of the Adamek fight are still in negotiation.
Fitir is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum