Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 11-05-2007, 02:54 PM   #211
geppy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2166
Default Re: Amateur boxing championship starting 17 October and will be closed at 3 November

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBT
Noone who is qualified or still has the chance to qualify for the Olympics will turn pro before that. The Olympics are what it's all about, this is what they wait and work for for 4 years.

Read the thread, appendicitis.
WTF happend, jesus christ. I am not going threw 15 pages and 221 ****ing posts to find the result. I was screening trhew about 8-10 pages looking and didnt see it, so what hapend? I am asking for a quick explanation , not a ****ing 5 page term paper, so chill out.

What happend to Islam?
geppy is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2007, 03:04 PM   #212
NBT
Mοderator of Death
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Amateur boxing championship starting 17 October and will be closed at 3 November

Well, I don't think it's that hard to search the thread for the Name Timurziev.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
NBT is offline  Top
Old 11-05-2007, 03:11 PM   #213
geppy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBT
Well, I don't think it's that hard to search the thread for the Name Timurziev.
I apologize for the outburst. I am not too happy with that shit happening to Islam. I was sure he was going to win.

Last edited by geppy; 11-05-2007 at 03:38 PM.
geppy is offline  Top
Old 11-05-2007, 03:36 PM   #214
geppy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Here is some nice photos on the new World Champion.

geppy is offline  Top
Old 11-05-2007, 06:22 PM   #215
giggigreto
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo
Korobov should turn pro as well as some other members of the Russian squad.

Camarelle was lucky that he didnt have to face Islam.Otherwise he wouldnt have won gold.
In italy we say that absentees are always wrong.
Italians were in amazing physical form throughout the tournament, 4 medals out of 6 partecipants, the highest ratio of all nations I think, and we've seen that russians are not undefeatable like in this forum they are made out to be.
Timurziev isn't exactly the most mobile fighter, although powerful, and Cammarelle knows how to outbox a shorter foe.
It seems that the new policies of the AIBA regarding misjudging and alleged corruption are bearing fruits. We don't always see the same central asian\east european guys winning. Countries like usa, italy or england, or say venezuela, who have always produced capable boxers, suddenly don't suffer suspect defeats like it was in the past.

Until the final, Russo won all his matches with a gap that runs from 18 to 8 points, and his way to the final was no easier than chakhiev' one. In the match against Chakiev he recovered from a 3-6 at the end of the 3rd round to win 7-6, which is no small feat, since in this tournaments there were very few come-from-behind victories. This result shows Russo's strenght of character, intelligence and adaptability.
Couple thus the thriumph march to the final, the remarkable victory coming from behind in the final, with the fact that no one was awaiting him to boom like this, he was a complete outsider, and you surely have here one of the strongest protagonists of the tournament
giggigreto is offline  Top
Old 11-05-2007, 10:36 PM   #216
Toney
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Timurziev pretty easilly beat Cammarelle a year ago in the European championships. Knocked him down and all. What happened to Timurziev now? Why did he not fight in the semifinals?

I am very suprised that Russo won gold medal. He must be much better than I thought!
Toney is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2007, 04:22 AM   #217
avk47
King
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by giggigreto
In italy we say that absentees are always wrong.
Italians were in amazing physical form throughout the tournament, 4 medals out of 6 partecipants, the highest ratio of all nations I think, and we've seen that russians are not undefeatable like in this forum they are made out to be.
Timurziev isn't exactly the most mobile fighter, although powerful, and Cammarelle knows how to outbox a shorter foe.
It seems that the new policies of the AIBA regarding misjudging and alleged corruption are bearing fruits. We don't always see the same central asian\east european guys winning. Countries like usa, italy or england, or say venezuela, who have always produced capable boxers, suddenly don't suffer suspect defeats like it was in the past.

Until the final, Russo won all his matches with a gap that runs from 18 to 8 points, and his way to the final was no easier than chakhiev' one. In the match against Chakiev he recovered from a 3-6 at the end of the 3rd round to win 7-6, which is no small feat, since in this tournaments there were very few come-from-behind victories. This result shows Russo's strenght of character, intelligence and adaptability.
Couple thus the thriumph march to the final, the remarkable victory coming from behind in the final, with the fact that no one was awaiting him to boom like this, he was a complete outsider, and you surely have here one of the strongest protagonists of the tournament
Timurziev beat Camarelle quite easily when they fought...

And are you making the claim that past Russian victories were because of currupt judges? Past Russian victories were because of good boxers, and plenty of bad decisions have gone against Russians as well! I'm happy countries like England, Italy, USA have performed well. I also think many of the RUssian guys underpeformed, with guys like Timurziev getting sick, Tischenko - still need to see that fights, etc, Beterbiev.

Those guys will be back.

And congradulations to Italy for an amazing performance!
avk47 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum