Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 05-22-2010, 01:54 PM   #106
Dan684
Dave's Stepdad
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Khan vs Katsidis almost a done deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosaros View Post
No, that was Khan vs Malignaggi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Losfer_Words View Post
What part of 'IMO' don't you understand? When Khan-Maidana happens it will be evident that the fight is the most one-sided fight out there amongst the elite at 140. Maidana has got a beatdown coming. **** that fight- how anyone would rather see that fight rather than Khan-Alexander/Bradley is beyond me.
Dan684 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2010, 02:50 PM   #107
nickythekid
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000

i dont think khan has shut his doubters mouths up yet, i would like to see him and maidana fight as a lot of americans seem to fancy maidana if they met. i like maidana personally, not for his skills as these havn't been blessed to him but he does the best he can with what hes been given. there is definately room in boxing for the maidanas of this world. he would have a punchers chance against khan in a possibly exciting fight?
nickythekid is offline  Top
Old 05-22-2010, 02:53 PM   #108
kosaros
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 999

Quote:
What part of 'IMO' don't you understand? When Khan-Maidana happens it will be evident that the fight is the most one-sided fight out there amongst the elite at 140. Maidana has got a beatdown coming. **** that fight- how anyone would rather see that fight rather than Khan-Alexander/Bradley is beyond me.

At least with the Khan vs Maidana fight there would be a element of danger. In terms of the fight itself, what did Malignaggi bring in his fight with Khan? Pretty much **** all if we're being honest. And if your opinion is that a Maidana fight is worse than a Malignaggi one, well then I don't know what to say...
kosaros is offline  Top
Old 05-22-2010, 06:52 PM   #109
Losfer_Words
★★★ 2 TONE EXPRESS ★★★
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosaros View Post

At least with the Khan vs Maidana fight there would be a element of danger. In terms of the fight itself, what did Malignaggi bring in his fight with Khan? Pretty much **** all if we're being honest. And if your opinion is that a Maidana fight is worse than a Malignaggi one, well then I don't know what to say...
Malignaggi is a name both casual and hardcore fans recognise in America and was the best option available to get exposure for a debut fight in America. Malignaggi is also far more proven than Maidana is. What would fighting an obscure Argentinian as opposed to an established name have done for his exposure in the States? Paulie is an effective fighter who has been beaten by the best in the weight division. What would people say if Khan beat Maidana in his American debut? 'Oh, that's the guy who had a close fight with the guy that Khan already beat'. Yeah, some yardstick.

I also never said the Maidana fight is 'worse' either. I said it was going to be 'uncompetitive', which it will be, and it is now the 'shittest' fight amongst the elite at the weight that can be made, which is also true considering the alternatives that aren't going to happen as a result of people demanding the Maidana fight.
Losfer_Words is offline  Top
Old 05-22-2010, 07:06 PM   #110
kosaros
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 999

Quote:
Malignaggi is a name both casual and hardcore fans recognise in America and was the best option available to get exposure for a debut fight in America. Malignaggi is also far more proven than Maidana is. What would fighting an obscure Argentinian as opposed to an established name have done for his exposure in the States? Paulie is an effective fighter who has been beaten by the best in the weight division. What would people say if Khan beat Maidana in his American debut? 'Oh, that's the guy who had a close fight with the guy that Khan already beat'. Yeah, some yardstick.
Whilst I agree with most of that (hence why I said in terms of the fight itself, not the promotional side), I feel he would have got more props for beating Maidana - just for the fact that he has went in with a big puncher. I was never interested in the Malignaggi fight (until the weigh-in - although I was still looking forward more so to the Kats vs Mitchell and Ortiz vs Campbell fights on the same day), because there was just no element of danger in Khan facing him.

Quote:
I also never said the Maidana fight is 'worse' either. I said it was going to be 'uncompetitive', which it will be, and it is now the 'shittest' fight amongst the elite at the weight that can be made, which is also true considering the alternatives that aren't going to happen as a result of people demanding the Maidana fight.
Fair enough if that is what you think

Isn't Maidana still Khan's mandatory anyway? I would rather see Khan in with him than Alexander, Bradley and Ortiz for now.
kosaros is offline  Top
Old 05-23-2010, 05:53 PM   #111
slip&counter
Gimme some X's and O's
East Side VIP

I'm with Losfer on this. IMO Khan vs Maidana is a mismatch.

There are about 5 different ways Amir can beat Maidana, but i'll give you his path to least resistance: Khan will simply beat Marcos to the punch and not let Marcos get off. This will happen over and over again, so much that you won't believe it's the same Maidana who everyone had down as a monster. I saw all i needed to see, Khan actually retreated from the pocket three different times to drag out the beating to Paulie - did anyone catch that? when a fighter does this, it means he's utterly zoned in - young ODLH did this to JC Chavez.

Amir is no joke, he has now put it all together with speed, angles, footwork and with a little more pocket work in the middle of the ring, and oh yeah some body attack then he can go far. I know Maidana is a big puncher blah blah, but Khan will punch between his wild shots, outspeed and outclass Maidana. let's keep this quiet though as i want the odds to stay even money on Khan so that I can make .

Last edited by slip&counter; 05-23-2010 at 06:04 PM.
slip&counter is offline  Top
Old 06-20-2010, 12:40 PM   #112
hitman_hatton1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

anymore of this khan-benavidaz sparring video.

anyone feel like contacting salazar and getting him to up the video.

i'm intrigued.
hitman_hatton1 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum