Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2010, 05:40 PM   #121
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Rural OZ
Posts: 5,451
vCash: 1044
Default Re: 154 No problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post
Yes of course I have seen what scales look like
But not with Mandy on them.
Sox is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2010, 06:19 PM   #122
perfect jet
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,443
vCash: 1000
Default Re: 154 No problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedrichw View Post
no mate I think Sox is asking did you see choc stand on the scales and did you see the number on the scales or did you hear from someone what weight he was. I wouldn't worry too much come next Tuesday when he makes weight there will be, bad scales, someone held choc up ,or some other excuse why he made weight. it will never end
Why wouldn't they? Boxa promotions has used scales that are off in the past. Why should I believe they will be correctly calibrated for a meaningless fight against a complete nobody?

The head honcho told the world on live tv he hasn't got the judges. Fiddling with a set of scales would be no biggy with this mob.

Any reason to believe otherwise?
perfect jet is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 06:28 PM   #123
cedrichw
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,309
vCash: 75
Default Re: 154 No problems

Well Perfect have no eveidence one way or the other so no argument here I guess if the other guy comes in at 150 a few questions might be asked about the scales if they both come in right on 154 then probably OK. however khoder could slip the other guy a couple of grand and tell him to be 156 and then wind the scales down 2lbs i guess
cedrichw is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 06:38 PM   #124
perfect jet
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,443
vCash: 1000
Default Re: 154 No problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedrichw View Post
Well Perfect have no eveidence one way or the other so no argument here I guess if the other guy comes in at 150 a few questions might be asked about the scales if they both come in right on 154 then probably OK. however khoder could slip the other guy a couple of grand and tell him to be 156 and then wind the scales down 2lbs i guess
Wouldn't surprise me. More likely is that Mundine comes in at whatever weight he feels like and tells the Argie to go home if he doesn't like it.
perfect jet is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 06:39 PM   #125
LeonMcS
The Mayor of Kronkton
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: GAME MATCH POINT
Posts: 6,073
vCash: 1000
Default Re: 154 No problems

I'm sure ash would have had no problems recognising anything in the gym yesterday.
LeonMcS is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 08:26 PM   #126
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 5,529
vCash: 1000
Default Re: 154 No problems

Ash has no idea what Mundine really weighs.
Francis75 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 08:45 PM   #127
perfect jet
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,443
vCash: 1000
Default Re: 154 No problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis75 View Post
Ash has no idea what Mundine really weighs.
They could tell Ash that Mundine will donate a Kidney to make 154 and he'd believe it.
perfect jet is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 10:22 PM   #128
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: "Mr 3 time"
Posts: 12,096
vCash: 1000
Default Re: 154 No problems

Oh Im laughing...while you guys are guessing I know whats going on
ashley is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 01:21 AM   #129
jb1
REFLECTION OF PERFECTION
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 411
vCash: 1000
Default Re: 154 No problems

lol i think we need to restart the esb posters boxing tournament thread its gettin heated again u could have team huggers vs team haters bit of boxing then beers although juniors not allowed in it lol
jb1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 02:18 AM   #130
sallywinder
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 3,987
vCash: 1000
Default Re: 154 No problems

wont make it. scale dispute (unresolved), comes in overweight, or gets bashed.

i recon the scales wil be rigged.....but he cant do that forever....
sallywinder is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 02:40 AM   #131
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: "Mr 3 time"
Posts: 12,096
vCash: 1000
Default Re: 154 No problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallywinder View Post
wont make it. scale dispute (unresolved), comes in overweight, or gets bashed.

i recon the scales wil be rigged.....but he cant do that forever....
Why would you say that sally?

Mundine has come in at more catch weights that most aussie boxers put together....why would he start rigging scales now

If he dont make weight he just says to the fighter oh well turn up and fight or go home.
ashley is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 02:52 AM   #132
sallywinder
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 3,987
vCash: 1000
Default Re: 154 No problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post
Why would you say that sally?

Mundine has come in at more catch weights that most aussie boxers put together....why would he start rigging scales now

If he dont make weight he just says to the fighter oh well turn up and fight or go home.

i guess you are right. he dont mind looking like a lying fool...
sallywinder is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013