Old 06-30-2010, 10:13 AM   #91
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Any RBR tonight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruger View Post
I didnt mean to insinuate that he was 154 tonight but he was last night.

Who really knows what weight kessler comes in at when he fights SM.

Who really knows what weight Jerez came in at...

The point is that your statement about career decisions may be spot on

your statements relating to weight are hypocritical and contradictory. You cant call him a 168er when he is fighting at 154. Kessler would struggle big time at 154, so would most 168ers and everyone heavier than that.

How can you not see that?
Exactly and so has Mundine struggled badly under 168. Kessler isn't as dumb as Mundine to try and fight cabbies under 168 and go the full 12 with them all.
Francis75 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2010, 10:15 AM   #92
enormous
You, quadruped.
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

mundane looked shagged after 6 or 7 rounds. He could basically hold his hand out the and the wee fella couldn't get near him. piss poor fight.
enormous is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2010, 10:18 AM   #93
kflex101
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Kruger, I don't think it's that simple.
Kessler although naturally bigger could probably make 160 at an absolute stretch, while definitely being competitive at 175lb. Hell, he would have a decent shot at most cruisers.
Mundine is obviously fighting below his natural weight down at 154lb, but if he can make it safely enough, there is no denying he can bring a substantial advantage in size and strength, while risking stamina and other necessaries of course.
All fighters have a range that they can fight within, Mundine seems obsessed proving that his is larger than most, which I suppose is to prove his versatility.

So far we have seen that he will struggle for size against the bigger 168'er's, yet 154 is clearly too light. That doesn't give him a very realistic range at all, infact I think any deviation from 160 will mean he will struggle (when height, strength, stamina, etc are taken into account).

Yes, great fighters such as Pac and PBF can likely bounce between divisions being dominant as they are that far ahead of everyone. Why Mundine chooses to do attempt a very poor version of this rather than just fight decent level (but not the best fighters) at say 160lb is what leaves everyone bemused.
If nothing else, Mundine has so far proved that any weight jumping is definitely not going to work to his advantage.
kflex101 is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2010, 10:21 AM   #94
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
I didnt mean to insinuate that he was 154 tonight but he was last night.

Who really knows what weight kessler comes in at when he fights SM.

Who really knows what weight Jerez came in at...

The point is that your statement about career decisions may be spot on

your statements relating to weight are hypocritical and contradictory. You cant call him a 168er when he is fighting at 154. Kessler would struggle big time at 154, so would most 168ers and everyone heavier than that.

How can you not see that?
your statements relating to weight are hypocritical and contradictory ?

No the bloke is a career super middle who is attempting to bullying a career welter at whatever weight HE decides to come in at and it's sad as **** mate , that's the point i was actually trying to get over .Ps Actually to put things into perspective this fight is almost as bad as Joe Calzaghe fighting his former stable mate and WBA Jr Welter champ Gavin Rees if Gavin put on a few pounds and went up to jr Middle

Last edited by JOSEY WALES; 06-30-2010 at 10:31 AM.
JOSEY WALES is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2010, 10:37 AM   #95
LeonMcS
The Mayor of Kronkton
East Side Guru

An absolute shit card from start to finish. Luckily the noise of the pub drowned out most of the commentary but what I heard was vomit inducing.

Mitrevski getting pummeled by a lightweight before his natural weight advantage took over.

Leapai getting an absolute gift that should see none of us ever complaining about hometown decisions in Germany ever again.

And Derek ****ing Milham reffing Chocs "fight" after presiding over yesterdays "weigh in". Well done Queensland, you just smashed NSW for the worst officials in the country, if not the planet. Three anda bit hours of mylife I'llnever get back and I have to wonder, what the **** did I expect anyway?

So Mundines the saviour of boxing in this country? God help us all...
LeonMcS is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2010, 10:41 AM   #96
DownUnderBoxing
Boxing Video Production
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSEY WALES View Post
You honestly think beating a Welter weight is a good win mate ? surley you are thinking from a nationalistic perspective ? for as a Boxing point of view this fight sounded like it sucked the bone .
I'll wait to see it myself before I judge mate.
DownUnderBoxing is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2010, 10:42 AM   #97
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 346

Spot on Leon! this show was a discrace and Mundane looked like a farkn joke! his worst performance ever!
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2010, 11:27 AM   #98
DownUnderBoxing
Boxing Video Production
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kflex101 View Post
Lol, I don't know whether to be impressed or saddened by your patriotism. Surely someone's character has to be considered when offering support?

Always good to support an Aussie but attitude, humility, bravery and a few other quality traits comes before where someone was born, IMO. I can appreciate we all have different criteria on why we support someone, out of interest what makes you a Choc fan apart from him being a proud (ok that's a bit contentious) Aussie?
Never said anything about being a choc fan bud. A wins a win & IMO it's always good to see any Aussie get up.

But I will answer your question - I do admire Choc's achievements in sport, he was exciting to watch as a league player & has had some success in his next chosen profession. I don't agree with the a lot of the crap that comes out of his mouth but I take it for what it is, he's playing the bad guy to get bums on seats, it's called self promotion. He isn't the only boxer out there who talks crap but it keeps him in the news & keeps us talking about him.

I don't really think he gives a shit if people are paying to see him get smashed up as long as they are paying.

I'm sure he made more $$ than me & you tonight. Thats why every PRO Boxer is doing it, it's there job!!

If you want to see real attitude, humility, bravery in boxing go and watch some of your local amateurs go around. PRO Boxing is only slightly more credible than wrestling.
DownUnderBoxing is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2010, 01:13 PM   #99
PorkChopExpress
Champion of the Universe
ESB Senior Member

Lol after all the threads and all the posts the last two days I totally forgot this was even happening. Not that I would have lifted more than a pubic hair to see it. Sounds like the joke of a night it was always gonna be.

Saw some highlights on fsn. The two seconds of commentary made me embarrassed for the fools. Just doing their job I guess. Saw the knock down. It might not have been anything in it but it was still Mundine being roughed over by a guy who seemed to throw combos slower than a granny. Oh and they introduced the peice with "...Anthony Mundine has made history by being the first boxer to win 3 titles in 3 weight divisions, in descending order", I think yhey meant it as a compliment or achievement but to me it translated to "is setting a new low for chicken shit who can only win by fighting smaller and smaller men". Next cabby he fights might not even be a he!!

Well him not finishing this guy off was a serious statement to the world. "Mundine is coming to bash the smallest cab drivers in your country next!!"
PorkChopExpress is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2010, 04:38 PM   #100
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru

vCash: 1044

Quote:
Originally Posted by kflex101 View Post
Lol, I don't know whether to be impressed or saddened by your patriotism. Surely someone's character has to be considered when offering support?

Always good to support an Aussie but attitude, humility, bravery and a few other quality traits comes before where someone was born, IMO. I can appreciate we all have different criteria on why we support someone, out of interest what makes you a Choc fan apart from him being a proud (ok that's a bit contentious) Aussie?
Totally agree, I can never understand the logic of being patriotic to a dog turd.
Sox is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2010, 04:39 PM   #101
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru

vCash: 1044

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonMcS View Post
An absolute shit card from start to finish. Luckily the noise of the pub drowned out most of the commentary but what I heard was vomit inducing.

Mitrevski getting pummeled by a lightweight before his natural weight advantage took over.

Leapai getting an absolute gift that should see none of us ever complaining about hometown decisions in Germany ever again.

And Derek ****ing Milham reffing Chocs "fight" after presiding over yesterdays "weigh in". Well done Queensland, you just smashed NSW for the worst officials in the country, if not the planet. Three anda bit hours of mylife I'llnever get back and I have to wonder, what the **** did I expect anyway?

So Mundines the saviour of boxing in this country? God help us all...
You nailed it.
Awful night.
Sox is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2010, 11:46 PM   #102
buster007
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1166

didn't mundine say he was not australian, he is aboriginal a while ago?
buster007 is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2010, 12:10 AM   #103
Rodin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buster007 View Post
didn't mundine say he was not australian, he is aboriginal a while ago?

Those sorts of comments are more an insult to his own intelligence than they are a worthy of consideration.
It is fundamentally wrong by all standards of international identity.
If you are born here, you are Australian by birth. That cannot be changed.

We all say stupid things, But when he says them, the media runs with it.
Rodin is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2010, 12:39 AM   #104
kruger
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSEY WALES View Post
your statements relating to weight are hypocritical and contradictory ?

No the bloke is a career super middle who is attempting to bullying a career welter at whatever weight HE decides to come in at and it's sad as **** mate , that's the point i was actually trying to get over .Ps Actually to put things into perspective this fight is almost as bad as Joe Calzaghe fighting his former stable mate and WBA Jr Welter champ Gavin Rees if Gavin put on a few pounds and went up to jr Middle

Okay i think that we are actually in agreement but I am picking you up on a technicality which you are failing to recognise.

I AGREE WITH YOU 100% that it is stupid and a shit career move.

I still think that your initial description was misleading though.
kruger is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2010, 05:22 AM   #105
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Okay i think that we are actually in agreement but I am picking you up on a technicality which you are failing to recognise.

I AGREE WITH YOU 100% that it is stupid and a shit career move.

I still think that your initial description was misleading though.
Yea i see what you are saying and agree i should have put the word FORMER in front of 168lb'r in my original comment ....
JOSEY WALES is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum