Old 07-01-2010, 06:29 AM   #16
sparta
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Can mundine compete?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
Sorry mate, but this is just the hundreith useless Mundine thread.

What the **** does it take to see the obvious.

If he was any good any more, he would be fighting some cunt that could elevate him.

People leave the pubs & clubs when he comes on now, & a lot of them probably sad & disillusioned.

Read the "absolute Farce" thread.
I SAID NO HATERS
sparta is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2010, 06:46 AM   #17
stewy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahunga View Post
Changed Divisions to run from Golovkin end of story.!!!!

Mahunga
100 percent correct.
end thread
stewy is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2010, 06:48 AM   #18
sparta
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Why start a thread about Choc's ability when there's all the information about his perfromance in the post mortems, & none of them complimentary.
I would have thought, there's a hint there, about how he goes at 154,,& ,, the jury is still out as to whether he did get down to 154 on any scales other than his own.

Geez mate,, he lost 2 rounds to a blown up welter rated down with Daffy Duck & took him the distance.

If you need more, fine. Prolly pay to get DNA as well just to insure it's right.
Information by who? A bunch of guys that let their hatred for mundine cloud their views? I read all the post mortems and all the negative press surrounds the obvious, the argie took choc 12 rounds, it aint news that choc cant punch, hes never been a puncher PERIOD. So choc cant compete at the top level cause he's got no power, if that were the case ,calzaghe would be rated along side daffy duck

And that blown up welter garbage dont mean shat buddy, whats paquiao, a blown up feather?

Ive had some informative replies from some obvious UNBIASED SOURCES, and didnt you read my thread? if you cant read ,i forgive you, it says HATERS AND HUGGERS ARE NOT WELCOME, YEP THAT MEANS YOU BUDDY
sparta is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2010, 06:52 AM   #19
sparta
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartanx View Post
Why is this thread Farcial?
Sparta is asking how he went at 154 out of interest.
I dont see anything farcial about that at all.
Welcome to east side boxing dude
sparta is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2010, 07:06 AM   #20
Hmmm
:P
ESB Addict

vCash: 1394

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparta View Post

Welcome to east side boxing dude
U guys are obviously buddies. lol . not half obvious.

but in the end cheers Sparta for bringing some mates to join our ESB circus. im sure he'll fit right in.
Hmmm is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2010, 07:08 AM   #21
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIP View Post
Targetting Cotto and Mayweather is a good idea because they are smaller guys at 154 but represent big names. I think he can compete with those guys.
Really?

I mean...REALLY?!?!?
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2010, 07:17 AM   #22
T.C.W
Belt holder
ESB Addict

it looks like waters is the next fight for Mundine, he will talk mayweather, cotto and he fights Ryan Waters, Mundine please stop this Rubbish with calling out the top P4P fighters
T.C.W is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2010, 07:36 AM   #23
sparta
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmmm View Post
U guys are obviously buddies. lol . not half obvious.

but in the end cheers Sparta for bringing some mates to join our ESB circus. im sure he'll fit right in.
WATCHA TALKIN BOUT WILLIS
sparta is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2010, 07:38 AM   #24
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzda View Post
Good news ESB, Good old compaqs back. But i.m embarassed if ryan and anthony have staged this! Ryan,s to good a fighter to lower himself to this crap!
I take it you're sitting in front of a Mazda and not a Compaq monitor now mate?
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2010, 08:19 AM   #25
rongee90
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

rongee90 is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2010, 11:03 AM   #26
Above Deck
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Mundine eats Mayweathers ****ed back right hand all night long,
Floyd slickly picks apart Mundine, shows him every flaw in his defence
and how to really utilise the shoulder roll.

Mayweather in a shut out, Mundine doesnt even deserve to be
mentioned in the same breath as Floyd.

As for Cotto vs Mundine at 154, this ends early by a brutal body shot.
Cotto has too much pressure, is too strong and at this stage in both
of their careers, far too good.

Mundine mentions fighting these guys, but in reality they would
embarrass him.
Above Deck is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2010, 06:58 PM   #27
"DJ"
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIP View Post
Targetting Cotto and Mayweather is a good idea because they are smaller guys at 154 but represent big names. I think he can compete with those guys.
is all I have to say....
"DJ" is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2010, 07:06 PM   #28
Rodin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Information by who? A bunch of guys that let their hatred for mundine cloud their views? I read all the post mortems and all the negative press surrounds the obvious, the argie took choc 12 rounds, it aint news that choc cant punch, hes never been a puncher PERIOD. So choc cant compete at the top level cause he's got no power, if that were the case ,calzaghe would be rated along side daffy duck

And that blown up welter garbage dont mean shat buddy, whats paquiao, a blown up feather?

Ive had some informative replies from some obvious UNBIASED SOURCES, and didnt you read my thread? if you cant read ,i forgive you, it says HATERS AND HUGGERS ARE NOT WELCOME, YEP THAT MEANS YOU BUDDY

So, because my comments are negative, I'm a hater?
The old "It's gotta be black,,or white"

I've never hated anyone in my life mate. I have been uncomplimentary & critical at what people have done, but hatred is a draining waste of emotion.
Anthony is not even on that list.
If I'm guilty of anything, it's underestimating the need to rehash what I thought was patently obvious, but there you go.

BTW. He could punch alright, don't worry about that. 23KO's is not feather fisted
He shortened Sam up, something Winky couldn't do before & Sakio couldn't do after, & was in fact the only who did.

And on that note, I'll leave you to it
Rodin is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2010, 08:50 PM   #29
sparta
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
So, because my comments are negative, I'm a hater?
The old "It's gotta be black,,or white"

I've never hated anyone in my life mate. I have been uncomplimentary & critical at what people have done, but hatred is a draining waste of emotion.
Anthony is not even on that list.
If I'm guilty of anything, it's underestimating the need to rehash what I thought was patently obvious, but there you go.

BTW. He could punch alright, don't worry about that. 23KO's is not feather fisted
He shortened Sam up, something Winky couldn't do before & Sakio couldn't do after, & was in fact the only who did.

And on that note, I'll leave you to it
YEAH i dont buy that blown up garbage because of the simple FACT that there has been countless fighters fighting above their so called natural weight whilst being very successfull.If they blow themselves up properly with the correct training and nutrition they can be very successfull. The argie was in shape,had no fat on him and went 12, so no problem.

Mundine has never had power, the punch that kos you most of the time is the punch you dont see. Mundine is lightning quick, and that is why he has kod some fighters, also please take note of the quality of guys he has kod,and the guys he hasnt, there are different ways you can accumulate kos,volume punching, lightning speed= the punch you dont see, quality of opponent and punch accuracy.Mundine doesnt have power.HE is a pure boxer.

sparta is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2010, 09:45 PM   #30
Rodin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
YEAH i dont buy that blown up garbage because of the simple FACT that there has been countless fighters fighting above their so called natural weight whilst being very successfull.If they blow themselves up properly with the correct training and nutrition they can be very successfull. The argie was in shape,had no fat on him and went 12, so no problem.

Mundine has never had power, the punch that kos you most of the time is the punch you dont see. Mundine is lightning quick, and that is why he has kod some fighters, also please take note of the quality of guys he has kod,and the guys he hasnt, there are different ways you can accumulate kos,volume punching, lightning speed= the punch you dont see, quality of opponent and punch accuracy.Mundine doesnt have power.HE is a pure boxer.

Whenever I have a discussion about this game, I am mindful of certain assertions of successful trainers & mentors.
"A good big man will always beat a good small man" comes to mind.
It's not iron clad, but not many will argue that it is true in an overwhelming number of cases. That's the problem with fighters that move up in weight for comfort not necessity. Jerez is a case of the former, & Choc has come down through necessity. Neither will improve as a fighter.

As for Choc's power. & I'm talking Sup middy, not during his decent in the weight divisions.
Class fighters are always harder to KO, & thus the record of KO's dwindle as they move into the tougher ranks.
I am not saying that Choc is a KO merchant, but the snap in his delivery & the accuracy of his timing compounds the damage that he can inflict.

As for him being a "Pure boxer" we'll have to agree to disagree. I wouldn't argue that Paulie Malinaggi is a "pure boxer" but Choc has a lot more than Pitter patter.
Rodin is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum