Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 07-02-2010, 06:10 AM   #31
SexualPanda
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Can mundine compete?

So can someone answer this:

Was Mundine genuinely put on the Canvas by the Argie in the 12 round?? I only saw a 10 second highlight on Fox Sports and they reported it as a slip but it looked like a punch to me.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if he was floored again by a welterweight.
SexualPanda is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2010, 06:27 AM   #32
Bobby Sinn
Bulimba Bullant
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybaxter View Post
do u need to borrow a stepladder to get down off that high horse?

of course its releveant u fool. mundines just dropped to 154 and looks anorexic so the OP who didnt bother watching the circus show was just curious as to how mundine looked at the weight.

fcuk i hate people like u that come into topics with arrogant dumbass comments.

prick
I agree with Rodin, and the thread was completely answered in the first response posted... "NO".

Get off Rodins back you piss ant.
Bobby Sinn is offline  Top
Old 07-02-2010, 05:37 PM   #33
nomas
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I don't agree mundine move down to 154 but you got to give him credit we know he has lost his power but his speed is winning his fight and great defensive skills,jerez is no chump his been stoped 2 times in 45 fights,not even saul alvares could put him away and his the gun at the moment..
nomas is offline  Top
Old 07-02-2010, 06:47 PM   #34
LeonMcS
The Mayor of Kronkton
East Side Guru

Yeah, it was a magnificent performance.
LeonMcS is offline  Top
Old 07-02-2010, 06:54 PM   #35
Rodin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybaxter View Post
do u need to borrow a stepladder to get down off that high horse?

of course its releveant u fool. mundines just dropped to 154 and looks anorexic so the OP who didnt bother watching the circus show was just curious as to how mundine looked at the weight.

fcuk i hate people like u that come into topics with arrogant dumbass comments.

prick

He may have a point there Mr Sinn.
My criticism was based on the pre fight multiple Sallywinder threads he kept starting on Choc, & posters rubbished him for it.
I guess they are not know mine was a continuance of that criticism.

(I can't get on horses,,,I got a bad back) Point taken.
Rodin is offline  Top
Old 07-02-2010, 07:00 PM   #36
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 970

This summary is probably worth a read for those who haven't seen it already:

Mundine defeats Jerez

c/o Brickhaust at Left Hook .com

This morning in Brisbane, Australia, Anthony Mundine won a wide decision over Argentinian Carlos Adan Jerez. The official scores were 118-110, 118-110 and 120-109. For the most part, Mundine controlled the fight with his jab, outlasting Jerez to an unexciting and uneventful decision.

While the scores were wide, Mundine looked weak at his new weight of junior middleweight, and controlled the outside to earn a boring decision rather than going in for the kill. To his credit, Jerez has only been knocked out twice in 13 losses; still, Jerez fought the vast majority of his career at welterweight or lower, dipping as low as lightweight at one point, while Mundine had fought his entire career at middleweight or higher. Still, Jerez clearly won a couple of rounds in the few times when he got aggressive.

This was not a fight where Mundine should have struggled for even a minute. Jerez didn't win a round against Saul Alvarez. He didn't win a round against Lucas Matthysse. He didn't win a round against Sebastian Lujan, and was eventually knocked out by Lujan. On top of it, Jerez was mostly looking to counterpunch, not a good formula when you're slower than your opponent and giving up at least six inches of reach. Even with these advantages, Mundine had some problems pulling the trigger, and even appeared to get knocked down in the 12th round, although it was ruled a slip.

There are quite a few options next for Mundine. The WBA has him ranked at #2 in the light middleweight division, so he might have a title eliminator with Margarito forthcoming. A win over Margarito would help put Mundine on the path he's been yammering about, and would put him in line to fight Miguel Cotto for a title.

Based on how he looked tonight, his better move might be to move back to middleweight where he has more energy. Then again, based on what Mundine has actually done since beating Danny Green four years ago, he'll probably just talk a big talk while importing unknown fighters who present no style challenge, fighting on Australian pay per view because just enough people buy the cards to make it worth his while.
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Old 07-02-2010, 09:48 PM   #37
fast hands
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1296

Brickhaus sums it up well.
Also shows he has a wicked sense of humour suggesting Mandy might fight Margarito.
It'll be a 12 rd UD over Ryan Waters then a Medley rematch at 154 with Medley winning by KO ending Mandy's career.
fast hands is offline  Top
Old 07-02-2010, 11:12 PM   #38
sparta
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
Whenever I have a discussion about this game, I am mindful of certain assertions of successful trainers & mentors.
"A good big man will always beat a good small man" comes to mind.
It's not iron clad, but not many will argue that it is true in an overwhelming number of cases. That's the problem with fighters that move up in weight for comfort not necessity. Jerez is a case of the former, & Choc has come down through necessity. Neither will improve as a fighter.

As for Choc's power. & I'm talking Sup middy, not during his decent in the weight divisions.
Class fighters are always harder to KO, & thus the record of KO's dwindle as they move into the tougher ranks.
I am not saying that Choc is a KO merchant, but the snap in his delivery & the accuracy of his timing compounds the damage that he can inflict.

As for him being a "Pure boxer" we'll have to agree to disagree. I wouldn't argue that Paulie Malinaggi is a "pure boxer" but Choc has a lot more than Pitter patter.
I respect your opinion buddy BUT dont give me shit for posting a thread out of interest about chocs performance, as it was a relevent thread .
The point of the thread was to get an unbiased view on chocs performance at his FIRST fight at 154 for those who didnt want to watch it,which includes myself.

Malinaggi is at the lowest end of the spectrum for punch power as a boxer,so i wouldnt be using him as a yardstick.

At first you gave me shit for my thread which showed me your emotional standpoint on the mundine circus,but i respect your last couple of posts which show you can use logic in discussions when you need to.
GOOD DAY.
sparta is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2010, 12:02 AM   #39
VIP
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 345

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***ualPanda View Post
So can someone answer this:

Was Mundine genuinely put on the Canvas by the Argie in the 12 round?? I only saw a 10 second highlight on Fox Sports and they reported it as a slip but it looked like a punch to me.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if he was floored again by a welterweight.
It looked like a KD. But replays showed it was a slip.

Mundine looks plenty vulnerable in defense at times. It's lucky this guy couldn't punch worth a lick.
VIP is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2010, 12:14 AM   #40
shanemfr
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIP View Post
It's lucky this guy couldn't punch worth a lick.
Which is exactly why and many others have been hired for a PPV Mundine sparring session.
shanemfr is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum