Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 07-05-2010, 04:28 PM   #1
Holmesy
Interloper
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1459
Default Klitschko vs Haye (yes, another one)

Haye isn't as stupid as people think - some people genuinely believe that he will wait until they're too old and say he tried to fight them. He knows this won't wash - it simply will not be accepted.

Haye can't have any real legacy without the brothers. We all know this - he needs them and they don't need him. This puts him in a disadvantaged position - especially as he's said many times that he only wants around three more fights. If you think Haye has no intention of fighting the K's, then either you believe he's scared or he's not interested in a boxing legacy. None of those seems very likely in my opinion.

We also know both Klitschko's are pissed off at Haye - they don't like how he tried to talk his way into a title shot and how he tried to humiliate them with t-shirts and public ambushes. They don't think he deserves a shot against them and seem to save their respect for people who are humble, get in line and earn their shot by working their way up the rankings.

For these reasons I think it's possible that they could be trying to get back at him in a very sly way; first, tell him not to mention details of any talks in public or they will never fight him (if they did that, what can Haye do about it?) Then call him out publically, tell people they're offering 50/50 and then actually offer something else. I'm not saying that's what happened, but they're not bad tactics if you're in a superior position and want to **** over someone you hate.

Regarding CHEF, I have no doubts that he is who he says he is. But if what I suggested above is true, then Wladamir would not mention details to him, as he knows he posts here.

Again, I'm not saying it is true, but does it sound that unrealistic?
Holmesy is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2010, 04:30 PM   #2
kidgloves
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 129
Default Re: Klitschko vs Haye (yes, another one)

Stop talking sense man.
kidgloves is offline  Top
Old 07-05-2010, 04:31 PM   #3
Lazarus
Realist
East Side VIP

vCash: 238

Sorry to drown on your thread but this shit is like Pacquiao/Mayweather. Another fight I don't give two shits about till it get's made.
Lazarus is offline  Top
Old 07-05-2010, 04:31 PM   #4
Hatesrats
"Al Grito De Guerra"
East Side VIP

vCash: 5200

In reality all Haye has to do is continue fighting the #1's in contention for his title.
(Since the shit politics in Boxing won't allow other reconignized champs to be ranked)
Hatesrats is offline  Top
Old 07-05-2010, 04:35 PM   #5
zoo
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

We've heard fighters say many times they are done at an early age but they never stick to that, usually it takes a few brutal KO's before they get the message. I imagin Haye will stick around after he turns 30, he might take a year off but he'll be back.
zoo is offline  Top
Old 07-05-2010, 04:35 PM   #6
Escopeta
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmesy View Post
For these reasons I think it's possible that they could be trying to get back at him in a very sly way; first, tell him not to mention details of any talks in public or they will never fight him (if they did that, what can Haye do about it?) Then call him out publically, tell people they're offering 50/50 and then actually offer something else. I'm not saying that's what happened, but they're not bad tactics if you're in a superior position and want to **** over someone you hate.
has there ever been any proof or at least some half serious rumor reported on any source anywhere or anything that hints to something like that besides the trashtalk from Hayes nuthuggers?
Escopeta is offline  Top
Old 07-05-2010, 04:39 PM   #7
Holmesy
Interloper
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escopeta View Post
has there ever been any prove or at least some half serious rumor reported on any source anywhere or anything that hints to something like that besides the trashtalk from Hayes nuthuggers?
I don't know. I just don't think it sounds that implausible. Do you?
Holmesy is offline  Top
Old 07-05-2010, 04:40 PM   #8
Holmesy
Interloper
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoo View Post
We've heard fighters say many times they are done at an early age but they never stick to that, usually it takes a few brutal KO's before they get the message. I imagin Haye will stick around after he turns 30, he might take a year off but he'll be back.
That's true and there's no evidence to suggest Haye will be different, but he's diminished his position even further by showing his hand.
Holmesy is offline  Top
Old 07-05-2010, 04:42 PM   #9
Holmesy
Interloper
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatesrats View Post
In reality all Haye has to do is continue fighting the #1's in contention for his title.
(Since the shit politics in Boxing won't allow other reconignized champs to be ranked)
He could do that, but he won't be remembered in the way he wants to be.
Holmesy is offline  Top
Old 07-05-2010, 04:46 PM   #10
Boggle
∆≈Ω≈∆

vCash: 75

Quote:
Haye isn't as stupid as people think - some people genuinely believe that he will wait until they're too old and say he tried to fight them. He knows this won't wash - it simply will not be accepted.

Haye can't have any real legacy without the brothers. We all know this - he needs them and they don't need him. This puts him in a disadvantaged position - especially as he's said many times that he only wants around three more fights. If you think Haye has no intention of fighting the K's, then either you believe he's scared or he's not interested in a boxing legacy. None of those seems very likely in my opinion.

We also know both Klitschko's are pissed off at Haye - they don't like how he tried to talk his way into a title shot and how he tried to humiliate them with t-shirts and public ambushes. They don't think he deserves a shot against them and seem to save their respect for people who are humble, get in line and earn their shot by working their way up the rankings.

Regarding CHEF, I have no doubts that he is who he says he is. But if what I suggested above is true, then Wladamir would not mention details to him, as he knows he posts here.

Again, I'm not saying it is true, but does it sound that unrealistic?
A little bit. You don't think Wladimir needs or wants the fight as badly as Haye does? It's hard to seal your legacy without quality opposition. What does everyone say about the Klitschko's? They're good fighters in a weak era.* Haye's an exciting fighter, he can punch, there's no doubt about that. Wlad has to take on anybody that's a threat to silence his critics. Successful title defenses are great, but he also needs signature wins.

Haye, on the other hand, has a lot to lose to Wladimir. If he gets starched now, he won't be as hot a commodity.

He wouldn't be in this situation if he didn't talk so much initially. You reap what you sow.

* We all know people say worse than that.
Boggle is offline  Top
Old 07-05-2010, 04:54 PM   #11
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

I think this is EXACTLY what it appears to be. Haye will milk his belt for as much money as he can. That means he won't fight the Klitschkos. He just makes himself look foolish because of his previous antics. You can't claim to be a heavy weight champion if, when it comes time to put up, you don't. Haye cornered himself and little doubt in my mind the money will compensate him well enough for his humiliation that he won't care. He will try through public relations to give his fans enough cover that they will still buy tickets. That is all he NEEDS to do and that is all he WILL do. My opinion anyhow.
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 07-05-2010, 04:58 PM   #12
Holmesy
Interloper
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boggle View Post
A little bit. You don't think Wladimir needs or wants the fight as badly as Haye does? It's hard to seal your legacy without quality opposition. What does everyone say about the Klitschko's? They're good fighters in a weak era.* Haye's an exciting fighter, he can punch, there's no doubt about that. Wlad has to take on anybody that's a threat to silence his critics. Successful title defenses are great, but he also needs signature wins.

Haye, on the other hand, has a lot to lose to Wladimir. If he gets starched now, he won't be as hot a commodity.

He wouldn't be in this situation if he didn't talk so much initially. You reap what you sow.

* We all know people say worse than that.
I see your point, but I don't think WK needs Haye anywhere near as much as the other way round. Especially as WK called him out and got no response. I don't think his legacy would be hurt a great deal by not fighting him - people would say, "Who did Haye actually fight? Has-beens and never-were's. Wlad offered him out and he pussied out".

Haye knows he could be starched and his three-big-fights plan could potentially turn into a one-fight humiliation - maybe why he's so insistent on 50%.
Holmesy is offline  Top
Old 07-05-2010, 04:58 PM   #13
Escopeta
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
I don't know. I just don't think it sounds that implausible. Do you?
it sounds like ridiculous bullshit.
probably the most shamefull thing during the whole duckjob
Escopeta is offline  Top
Old 07-05-2010, 05:00 PM   #14
Holmesy
Interloper
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit View Post
I think this is EXACTLY what it appears to be. Haye will milk his belt for as much money as he can. That means he won't fight the Klitschkos. He just makes himself look foolish because of his previous antics. You can't claim to be a heavy weight champion if, when it comes time to put up, you don't. Haye cornered himself and little doubt in my mind the money will compensate him well enough for his humiliation that he won't care. He will try through public relations to give his fans enough cover that they will still buy tickets. That is all he NEEDS to do and that is all he WILL do. My opinion anyhow.
So you think Haye's not bothered about a legacy and just wants the money? I'm sure there are many boxers in that category, but not at this level.
Holmesy is offline  Top
Old 07-05-2010, 05:07 PM   #15
Holmesy
Interloper
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escopeta View Post
it sounds like ridiculous bullshit.
probably the most shamefull thing during the whole duckjob
Well I wasn't expecting much thought from you - I offer a potential scenario using phrases like "it's possible" and "I'm not saying it's true" and you start asking for proof.
Holmesy is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum