Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 07-05-2010, 05:15 PM   #16
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Klitschko vs Haye (yes, another one)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmesy View Post
So you think Haye's not bothered about a legacy and just wants the money? I'm sure there are many boxers in that category, but not at this level.
All actions, as well as inactions I might add, point to exactly what I said.
Hermit is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2010, 05:17 PM   #17
Escopeta
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Well I wasn't expecting much thought from you - I offer a potential scenario using phrases like "it's possible" and "I'm not saying it's true" and you start asking for proof.
well personally i think some little green men from Mars appeared to Haye and forced him to turn that 50-50 offer down or they will kidnap his family.
I dont really have any proof or hint for that but i feel its a potential scenario. lets discuss
anyone?
Escopeta is offline  Top
Old 07-05-2010, 05:20 PM   #18
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escopeta View Post
well personally i think some little green men from Mars appeared to Haye and forced him to turn that 50-50 offer down or they will kidnap his family.
I dont really have any proof or hint for that but i feel its a potential scenario. lets discuss
anyone?
Common bigoted misconception. Little green men are from one of Jupiter's moons. Europa.
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 07-05-2010, 05:27 PM   #19
rushman
Devoid is Devoid
ESB Addict

vCash: 9205

Quote:
So you think Haye's not bothered about a legacy and just wants the money? I'm sure there are many boxers in that category, but not at this level.
Legacy is great, but Haye has a problem with this.

He knows he cannot establish his legacy because he is not the best. If he tries to establish his legacy by fighting Wlad he will get the living shit stomped out of him. Wlad is the top dog of this era, with his brother Vitali also preventing Haye from a share of the limelight.

So it is no longer a question for Haye of "Do you want money or legacy?" because legacy is not an option. He knows this (which is the only explanation for his refusal to fight).

I guess the question for Haye is now "Do you want money or credibility? Can you live with disappointing all of your fans and being a hypocrit?"
Again, it seems like he has made this decision a long time ago.
rushman is offline  Top
Old 07-05-2010, 05:38 PM   #20
Boggle
∆≈Ω≈∆

vCash: 75

Quote:
Anybody that talks about retiring at 30 when his career is just starting to really take off probably isn't too concerned with legacy. But, then again, maybe he's bullshitting. Either way, he's a peculiar fellow. All this talk about cleaning up the division, fighting the K's, this or that, and no real follow-up. Whatever.

I'm taking another break from talking about this guy. I ignored it for awhile, only to get sucked back in by some of the weird stuff posted here. Goodbye for now.
Boggle is offline  Top
Old 07-05-2010, 05:42 PM   #21
Holmesy
Interloper
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1459

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushman View Post
Legacy is great, but Haye has a problem with this.

He knows he cannot establish his legacy because he is not the best. If he tries to establish his legacy by fighting Wlad he will get the living shit stomped out of him. Wlad is the top dog of this era, with his brother Vitali also preventing Haye from a share of the limelight.

So it is no longer a question for Haye of "Do you want money or legacy?" because legacy is not an option. He knows this (which is the only explanation for his refusal to fight).

I guess the question for Haye is now "Do you want money or credibility? Can you live with disappointing all of your fans and being a hypocrit?"
Again, it seems like he has made this decision a long time ago.
I 'm almost certain that Haye thinks he's the best. I believe most boxers do.

If he made that decision a long time ago, then he was setting himself up for definite humiliation - I don't think someone like Haye would've made those t-shirts knowing full-well he had no intention of stepping in the ring against them.
Holmesy is offline  Top
Old 07-05-2010, 05:44 PM   #22
Holmesy
Interloper
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boggle View Post
Anybody that talks about retiring at 30 when his career is just starting to really take off probably isn't too concerned with legacy. But, then again, maybe he's bullshitting. Either way, he's a peculiar fellow. All this talk about cleaning up the division, fighting the K's, this or that, and no real follow-up. Whatever.

I'm taking another break from talking about this guy. I ignored it for awhile, only to get sucked back in by some of the weird stuff posted here. Goodbye for now.
That would depend on how many fights it would take to secure said legacy - we all know that it's two in this case.
Holmesy is offline  Top
Old 07-05-2010, 07:40 PM   #23
drowller
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1333

Quote:
I 'm almost certain that Haye thinks he's the best. I believe most boxers do.

If he made that decision a long time ago, then he was setting himself up for definite humiliation - I don't think someone like Haye would've made those t-shirts knowing full-well he had no intention of stepping in the ring against them.
I think Haye just realised too late that Klits are not only great phisical conditions but they also possess great boxing skills. He knows he is not ready for them.
drowller is offline  Top
Old 07-06-2010, 03:38 PM   #24
Holmesy
Interloper
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowller View Post
I think Haye just realised too late that Klits are not only great phisical conditions but they also possess great boxing skills. He knows he is not ready for them.
I could understand if he took that line of thinking in the ring, but not before he stepped in; it would mean that he called Wlad out blind and only looked at his fights afterwards.
Holmesy is offline  Top
Old 07-06-2010, 03:51 PM   #25
the_brigand
I'll Eat Her Later...
ESB Addict

Quote:
I don't know. I just don't think it sounds that implausible. Do you?
I think this may be one of the very likely possibilities. Haye made a very rude entrance into the HW division, he came into the Klitschko's home and flat out insulted them, he showed up and tried to out-think, out-gab and our maneuver the K brothers. I don't doubt for a second that they didn't take this kindly. Knowing how the brothers like to play mind-games with their opponents I wouldn't be surprised if they're showing him exactly what happens when you mess with them first outside the ring and also again in the ring once he finds his balls and signs a contract.
the_brigand is offline  Top
Old 07-06-2010, 03:53 PM   #26
the_brigand
I'll Eat Her Later...
ESB Addict

At the top level of the sport where the skill level is close to even the game is mostly mental. If I was the Klitschkos I wouldn't want Haye to have a single mental victory going into the fight with me...I wouldn't want him to think he 'won' somehow by getting the terms he wanted for the fight he wanted.
the_brigand is offline  Top
Old 07-06-2010, 04:03 PM   #27
Boggle
∆≈Ω≈∆

vCash: 75

-- damn it! wrong thread!
Boggle is offline  Top
Old 07-06-2010, 04:09 PM   #28
loughlan
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
Stop talking sense man.
He hasn't started yet.
loughlan is offline  Top
Old 07-06-2010, 05:07 PM   #29
speck
Milky Way Resident
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Version one: Klitschko avoids Haye. Requires a top level of sophisticated conspiracy theorizing, constant adjustments of evidence to fit the hypothesis, ability to read between the lines, across them and by diagonal. UK residence is not required but will assist immensely.

Version two: Haye avoids Kilschko. Requires common sense.
speck is offline  Top
Old 07-06-2010, 05:23 PM   #30
madballster
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by speck View Post
Version one: Klitschko avoids Haye. Requires a top level of sophisticated conspiracy theorizing, constant adjustments of evidence to fit the hypothesis, ability to read between the lines, across them and by diagonal. UK residence is not required but will assist immensely.

Version two: Haye avoids Kilschko. Requires common sense.
Hilarious. Thanks for posting
madballster is online now  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum