Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2007, 11:19 AM   #1
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 4,512
vCash: 1000
Default Virchis vs Hawkins:officially comfirmed..

Vladimir Virchis(23-1) has relinquished his european belt and is scheduled to square off against teak tough American journeyman Robert Hawkins(23-9).
Hawkins scored an upset victory over decent American fellow heavy Terry Smith(30-3) in his last fight.
Hawkins has shared the ring with lots of known names like Sam Peter,Jean Bergeron,David Tua,Kendrick Releford,Eddy Chambers,Jason Estrada,and so on.
Reigning heavy weight belt holder Oleg Maskaev was the only one who has been able to stop Hawkins.
Sam Peter,and David Tua,both known to have pop in his fists had to go the full route of 10 rounds with Hawkins.
Will Virchis be able to take Hawkins out? Can Hawkins score another upset victory?
By the way there is rumour that Virchis may be Wlad's next opponent.His name has been mentioned as one of the possible next foes for Wlad.Only rumour?
Odo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2007, 01:12 PM   #2
Darien
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Hungary
Posts: 410
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Virchis vs Hawkins:officially comfirmed..

Interesting news Odo! About the Virchis vs Wlad part: I don't really think this will ever come through. This would be a huge thing in Ukraine for sure. But that's about it. Virchis is an unknown fighter even in Europe and a very dangerous one by the way. He's slow as hell, not very skilled but has to land just once and it's over - a lesson that poor old Bidenko learnt the hard way. I don't see why Wlad would choose him. IMO Valuev would be a much better choice. Valuev has a name, the fight would sell out any arena in the world and Klitschko could beat the Russian with ease.
Darien is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 07:00 AM   #3
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 4,512
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Virchis vs Hawkins:officially comfirmed..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darien
Interesting news Odo! About the Virchis vs Wlad part: I don't really think this will ever come through. This would be a huge thing in Ukraine for sure. But that's about it. Virchis is an unknown fighter even in Europe and a very dangerous one by the way. He's slow as hell, not very skilled but has to land just once and it's over - a lesson that poor old Bidenko learnt the hard way. I don't see why Wlad would choose him. IMO Valuev would be a much better choice. Valuev has a name, the fight would sell out any arena in the world and Klitschko could beat the Russian with ease.

Virchis is a known fighter in his native Ukraine,and Wlad vs Virchis would be big there.
Wlad is Ukranian,and he is proud to be Ukranian and represent the colours of his native country.
An encounter with Virchis would mean more than just a normal fight against another American no-hoper like Brock or Austin on German or American soil.
Such a fight could turn Wlad into a living legend and one of the biggest heros of his nation.
Wlad has enough money in his bank account,but fame and a legendary status among your own people sometimes means more than money,darien.
Well,to be honest neither do I think that their fight really comes off.
On the other hand makes me think a bit that Virchis has relinquised his european title and that there is rumour that Virchis might be Wlad's next opponent.
Odo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 09:07 AM   #4
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 4,512
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Virchis vs Hawkins:officially comfirmed..

Virchis' promoter seems to be aiming at the winner of Maskaev/Sam vs Vitaly Klitschko.

Vitaly vs Virchis at the pros!
Guess that it would be an extremely short and exciting heavy weight fight!
Odo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 09:18 AM   #5
Tom_Tocca
The Provider
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Germany
Posts: 3,001
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Virchis vs Hawkins:officially comfirmed..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo
Virchis' promoter seems to be aiming at the winner of Maskaev/Sam vs Vitaly Klitschko.

Vitaly vs Virchis at the pros!
Guess that it would be an extremely short and exciting heavy weight fight!
I've already written in the main forum that Virchis has to face Rahman in a semi-eliminator. The winner must fight JC Gomez to get a shot at the WBC champion...
Tom_Tocca is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 09:21 AM   #6
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 4,512
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Virchis vs Hawkins:officially comfirmed..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom_Tocca
I've already written in the main forum that Virchis has to face Rahman in a semi-eliminator. The winner must fight JC Gomez to get a shot at the WBC champion...
Wow!

Rahman? Tailor made for Virchis! Great news!

Gomez? Not sure! He has the style to outbox the slow Ukranian giant!
Odo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013