Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 11-06-2007, 04:25 AM   #16
sean
pale peice of pig`s ear
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Haye vs Mormeck OFFICIAL NEWS THREAD

just looked and the same channel is showing the mosley v cotto fight live as well, good news for me as i do not have setanta.
sean is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2007, 06:16 AM   #17
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

he doesnt sound confident to me, what fighter talks about defeat. he wont miss his trainer as it wont last long.
robpalmer135 is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2007, 12:47 PM   #18
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Wwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaatttttttt? How do you know this, live or delayed?
Old 11-06-2007, 01:30 PM   #19
Charles187
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

It says spanish football on my sky tv guide
Charles187 is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2007, 02:13 PM   #20
rooq
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean
just looked and the same channel is showing the mosley v cotto fight live as well, good news for me as i do not have setanta.
which channel are you talking about?
rooq is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2007, 03:47 PM   #21
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

this fraziers hook is gonna get a hayemaker in a minute!
Old 11-06-2007, 06:33 PM   #22
Cruiser1
Champion Emeritus
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpalmer135
he doesnt sound confident to me, what fighter talks about defeat. he wont miss his trainer as it wont last long.
I didn't want to say it but u brought it up. It does sound as though Mormeck has one foot out the door already. Boxing is something u gotta be into 100%. We'll just have to see.
Cruiser1 is offline  Top
Old 11-07-2007, 12:40 PM   #23
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

The final press conference in advance of Saturday's clash between WBA/WBC cruiserweight champion Jean-Marc Mormeck (33-3, 22 KOs) and his challenger David Haye (19 -1, 18 KOs) took place today in the late morning at the l'hôtel Evergreen Laurel, in the presence of Bertrand Mayer, the Deputy Mayor of Sports, and in the absence of notable promoter Don King, replaced by his son Carl. Class and a relaxed atmosphere prevailed between the two protagonists as both prefer both get down in the ring.
Highlights:
Haye: "I don't see the point of making a show here (at the press conference). I've been boxing since the age of ten and I was still an amateur when Mormeck was already a champion.....He's the best fighter currently available in this category. I respect Mormeck because he could have chosen an easier challenger, but like a true champion, he chose the challenge. Don't miss this fight, my last at cruiserweight, it will be huge!"
Mormeck: "I have taken the titles and I'm going to keep them. I feel stronger than I did against Bell. I am ready and I want to win. I don't know David, but I chose him as a challenger because I am the champion. I appreciate his attitude. We are both ready there's no need for trash talk. We will be aggressive in the ring."
One unknown persists 72 hours before the fight. Will Don King will be present to support his fighter?

another unknown would also be a UK tv deal for the fight!!!! add to that any info on Hayes weight, he must be in France.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:47 PM   #24
Big Ears
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraziers hook
21.00 Sky Sports (1) .... tune in to watch this fight
Taken from another thread:

Thank you for your email regarding Jean March Mormeck v David Haye.

Unfortunately, we have no plans to screen highlights of the above fight on Sky Sports. After searching the internet it seems its only being screened live in the US.

I am sorry that my response has not been more positive.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us at Sky.

Kind regards

Audrey McCann
Viewer Relations

so Sky are showing nothing then , any response to your little lie yesterday ?

Big Ears is offline  Top
Old 11-07-2007, 12:49 PM   #25
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Ears
Taken from another thread:

Thank you for your email regarding Jean March Mormeck v David Haye.

Unfortunately, we have no plans to screen highlights of the above fight on Sky Sports. After searching the internet it seems its only being screened live in the US.

I am sorry that my response has not been more positive.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us at Sky.

Kind regards

Audrey McCann
Viewer Relations

so Sky are showing nothing then , any response to your little lie yesterday ?

what lie?
Old 11-07-2007, 12:50 PM   #26
sean
pale peice of pig`s ear
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooq
which channel are you talking about?
canal +

its like a french equivelent of sky one .

they show quite a lot of french sporting events on here although canal plus sports 1 and 2 are there equivelent of sky sports

also have another station called sport + from france which shows the sunday football from the uk
sean is offline  Top
Old 11-07-2007, 12:56 PM   #27
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

I have sent an email to sky saying how do you expect to build up PPV fighters like Ricky Hatton and Lennox Lewis if you dont show all there fights especially world title ones.

You show all these young boxers and on some of them they must loose money but hope on day they will become a PPV fighter like Hatton, Lewis or Hammed.

David Haye is there best bet for the next PPV fighter as you lost Calzaghe and do not have Khan!
Old 11-07-2007, 04:01 PM   #28
Big Ears
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpalmer135
what lie?
He said tune in to Sky Sports at 21:00 to watch the fight.............but Sky have confirmed they're not showing the fight .
Big Ears is offline  Top
Old 11-08-2007, 10:51 AM   #29
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Setanta Sports have secured the rights to screen David Haye's fight with Jean-Marc Mormeck in Paris on Saturday.

The cruiserweight battle will be live on the channel and also via Setanta by Broadband.

Haye, forwarded as a possible future opponent for Enzo Maccarinelli, is aiming to land the WBC and WBA world titles from his French rival this weekend.

A shot at the heavyweight title would not be out of the Londoner's reach if he manages to secure victory against Mormeck.

The bout will be the first part of a huge boxing double header for Setanta Sports over the weekend as we are also screening Miguel Cotto's much-anticipated super-bout with Shane Mosley direct from the United States.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:42 PM   #30
Fitir
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
You don't understand the problem. "Fight the best challengers and the big purses will come" It's completely false.
- Hill who had just destroyed Tiozzo
- Dale Brown who had resisted 10 rounds against Jirov
- Gurov, Hill
- Braithwaite who was the number 1 at this time for the unification
- Bell twice for the undispited title and for the Ring title
0 easy defense, the best challengers and the other champions.
And for what ?
The best purse was 350.000$ for the 1st undisputed title fight against Bell.
After that you read that Tiozzo obtained 3.000.000$ to destroy a faded Tiger. Hill obtained more than 1.000.000$ for a sparring session with Maske...
Where is the justice ?
Would you be motivated if you knew you would obtain a better purse after a loss ? The belts are useless. Take the fight against Gurov : 50 people in the arena and they were waiting for the fight Ruiz vs RJJ. Nothing against Ruiz and RJJ but their "fight" was not more interesting.
After Haye it will be Maccarinelli for the WBO title or Cunningham for the IBF title. What will be the purse ? 300.000$ at best ? This time against Haye the official purse is only 200.000 euros (100.000 euros for Haye but the guy has other souces of $$$). In fact it's a bit more but it's ridiculous anyway.
Where are the $$$ ? Canal+ gives 350.000 euros, Levallois gives 230.000 euros but King is hungry and it's impossible to negociate with him. The only way to obtain a better purse : fighting in Bercy but you have to fight a big name to sell 16.000 tickets in France. Haye is good but he is unknown. Canal+ would give 1.000.000 euros for Tiozzo. It would give purses of 500.000 euros cause the arena would be sold out (800.000 euros instead of 200.000 euros in Levallois). Tiozzo is the only guy for that. Problem is that he is old, it's difficult to negociate with him and he is not ranked. What is clear is that the belts are useless to fight him.
This time to save $$$ the sparring partners were Sacko and Palacio who don't ask much money. For the previous fights the sparring partners were Richard Hall, Guillermo Jones, Imamu Mayfield, Steeve Cunningham etc. etc.
Haye will have to fight to obtain the belts though. If he is not what he claims he will be destroyed.
Fitir is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum