Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2010, 09:55 PM   #16
Sydney Smutt
Tits ooot
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Tha Toon
Posts: 1,029
vCash: 75
Default Re: Green live interview this morning.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
So dangerouse he has to fight a guy whos been retird for 3 yrs and now cant get a boxing licence because of health concerns! keep em coming brua i need a few laughts today! still trying to polish that turd are we ? hahaha

You can bet that the lack of CAT and or MRI scans has all partys involved concerned for the saftey of Paul which is first and formost, no point having all this money if the poor bloke cant string a sentance together after the fight! The Public knew it was a farce and i must say i am very impressed with the governing bodys for not allowing this to happen in NSW.

The possible Damage that would have been done to not only Paul but Australian boxing & the IBO if this fight did go ahead would be irreversible for all involved. I think its funny how its all backfired in their faces, the only bloke i feel sorry for in this is Paul Briggs but it goes to show what Danny Green will do to get attention from the public, from false retirement promises to fighting blokes who shouldnt even be in the ring anymore!
Sorry Ty, you are wrong here mate. Every scan has been done on Paul and he was passed. A Chief Neuro surgeon in Sydney cleared him as did Lou Lewis. He was passed fit to fight by everybody. I'd say there is a bit more to this than that, maybe something political????
Sydney Smutt is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2010, 09:57 PM   #17
left jab danny
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 1,212
vCash: 10151
Default Re: Green live interview this morning.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
So dangerouse he has to fight a guy whos been retird for 3 yrs and now cant get a boxing licence because of health concerns! keep em coming brua i need a few laughts today! still trying to polish that turd are we ? hahaha

You can bet that the lack of CAT and or MRI scans has all partys involved concerned for the saftey of Paul which is first and formost, no point having all this money if the poor bloke cant string a sentance together after the fight! The Public knew it was a farce and i must say i am very impressed with the governing bodys for not allowing this to happen in NSW.

The possible Damage that would have been done to not only Paul but Australian boxing & the IBO if this fight did go ahead would be irreversible for all involved. I think its funny how its all backfired in their faces, the only bloke i feel sorry for in this is Paul Briggs but it goes to show what Danny Green will do to get attention from the public, from false retirement promises to fighting blokes who shouldnt even be in the ring anymore!
**** you talk some shit

"You can bet that the lack of CAT and or MRI scans has all partys involved concerned for the saftey of Paul which is first and formost"

Why do you continue to lie?
For your info Paul passed a cat scan plus 2 MRI's whith the results being he is 100% healthy
But you just continue to post shit in your little dream world midget
left jab danny is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:58 PM   #18
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9,431
vCash: 970
Default Re: Green live interview this morning.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruger View Post
Come on now.

Its bullshit to keep going on about Mundine when Green is fighting a guy that is 3 years retired and was not much chop for his last year boxing (and without the guy having a tune up or good sparing).

This is a ****ing joke.

Every bit the joke that the Mundine shit was.

'Every bit the joke that the Mundine shit was'

...you said it, the Mundine stuff was certainly shit.
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 10:10 PM   #19
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OLYMPUS
Posts: 10,162
vCash: 346
Default Re: Green live interview this morning.....

Smutty and DannysLeftNutsack, i have not read anywhere other than from you guys just now (not saying its not true) that Pauls obtained MRI or CAT scans, thus i mention the lack of such publication/findings.

So if Pauls been passed (passed all tests asked by the board) then he must be licenced, he cant be denyed due process to become a licenced boxer. I think it may be more about the sanction of the bout than the licence dribble we are being fed perhaps?
TCboxa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 10:21 PM   #20
kruger
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 168
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Green live interview this morning.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by COULDHAVEBEEN View Post
'Every bit the joke that the Mundine shit was'

...you said it, the Mundine stuff was certainly shit.

yeah there is no denying that mate.

Never said otherwise.

I just think its stupid when let Dannys shit slide but hate mundine for everything. Just hate them both!!!
kruger is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 10:22 PM   #21
left jab danny
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 1,212
vCash: 10151
Default Re: Green live interview this morning.....

Here is some quotes from Paul and Danny.

"They over-rode the medical facts and advice given by the top neuro-seurgeon at Royal Price Alfred Hospital on the eligibility and fitness of Paul Briggs to compete in this bout," said Green.

Briggs insisted there was nothing wrong with his health and he had undergone a battery of tests recently and over the past three years.
"I am so angry, you've got no idea," said Briggs.
I was cleared and physically able to fight Hugo Garay (Arg) at Madison Square Garden (in New York) three months before I retired.


I would say there more worried about Pauls inactivity and having such a hard fight first up rather than his former health problems.
left jab danny is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 10:27 PM   #22
kruger
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 168
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Green live interview this morning.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by left jab danny View Post
**** you talk some shit

"You can bet that the lack of CAT and or MRI scans has all partys involved concerned for the saftey of Paul which is first and formost"

Why do you continue to lie?
For your info Paul passed a cat scan plus 2 MRI's whith the results being he is 100% healthy
But you just continue to post shit in your little dream world midget
An MRI or CT (they are not called CAT scans anymore) really only tell you about anatomical pathology, they tell you nothing about functional status.

FMRI (functional MRI) technology is improving but not where it needs to be.

A decision whether a boxer is fit or not has little to do with MRI or CT. Sure if they do show something then yeah you wont be able to fight but it certainly does NOT in any way what so ever mean that someone is 100% healthy. You can have neurodegenerative diseases with normal MRI+CT you can have schizophrenia, immediately after being KTFO you still usually have a normal MRI and CT.

If they were passed by the imaging (why was it even done? I didnt think that he had any intracranial pathology???) AND a thorough history and examination then that is fine but even then it doesnt pick up really minor things. Ultimatley the only thing that really determines if he is 100% fit is all that previos stuff I have mentioned and how well he is training/feeling.....


NOTE i am not saying that he isnt fit!!! Just clarifying.
kruger is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 10:30 PM   #23
Sydney Smutt
Tits ooot
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Tha Toon
Posts: 1,029
vCash: 75
Default Re: Green live interview this morning.....

Ty
I know these things have been done and I wasn't having a dig if you squizz over what I wrote just suggesting that there is more to it than a medical thing that saw him cleared anyway. It'll all come out in the wash anyway!
Sydney Smutt is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 10:30 PM   #24
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9,431
vCash: 970
Default Re: Green live interview this morning.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruger View Post
yeah there is no denying that mate.

Never said otherwise.

I just think its stupid when let Dannys shit slide but hate mundine for everything. Just hate them both!!!
100% agree with you that Briggsy was a poor choice of opponent for Green, and I disagree with it being sanctioned as a world title defence too.

Briggsy was a great fighter with a proud record, and there is that chance, however small, that he might be able to recapture some of that form. He's only lost twice, and both times to a great champion.

The big difference is, the guy Mundine fought - Jerez, has never and will never be any good! 13 losses and counting!
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 10:42 PM   #25
kruger
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 168
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Green live interview this morning.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by COULDHAVEBEEN View Post
100% agree with you that Briggsy was a poor choice of opponent for Green, and I disagree with it being sanctioned as a world title defence too.

Briggsy was a great fighter with a proud record, and there is that chance, however small, that he might be able to recapture some of that form. He's only lost twice, and both times to a great champion.

The big difference is, the guy Mundine fought - Jerez, has never and will never be any good! 13 losses and counting!

Yeah mate I agree

If Briggs showed he was still the goods in 2 or 3 tune up fights i would be pumped for this.

Having said that you and i will both agree that is NOT what has happened and it is therefore IMO a ****ing joke.
kruger is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 10:44 PM   #26
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9,431
vCash: 970
Default Re: Green live interview this morning.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruger View Post
Yeah mate I agree

If Briggs showed he was still the goods in 2 or 3 tune up fights i would be pumped for this.

Having said that you and i will both agree that is NOT what has happened and it is therefore IMO a ****ing joke.
I don't completely disagree with you.

...fair call.
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 10:46 PM   #27
PorkChopExpress
Champion of the Universe
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sydney
Posts: 1,352
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Green live interview this morning.....

Err, they wont sanction this, but they will let SBW in the ring against a ****ing human meat pie. Not to mention all the other human punching bags on ur typical Mundine undercard.. ugh, this is making me tired,...
PorkChopExpress is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 10:49 PM   #28
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9,431
vCash: 970
Default Re: Green live interview this morning.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorkChopExpress View Post
Err, they wont sanction this, but they will let SBW in the ring against a ****ing human meat pie. Not to mention all the other human punching bags on ur typical Mundine undercard.. ugh, this is making me tired,...
The Mundine circus was playing out of town in Brisbane remember PCE - but the point you make is certainly not lost.
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 10:58 PM   #29
Rodin
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,266
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Green live interview this morning.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by COULDHAVEBEEN View Post
100% agree with you that Briggsy was a poor choice of opponent for Green, and I disagree with it being sanctioned as a world title defence too.

Briggsy was a great fighter with a proud record, and there is that chance, however small, that he might be able to recapture some of that form. He's only lost twice, and both times to a great champion.

The big difference is, the guy Mundine fought - Jerez, has never and will never be any good! 13 losses and counting!

Mate, Are you sure it was a Green choice?
I got the impression about 12 months ago that Paul was working towards one last payday, & green finally agreed to it.
If Greens naysayers are right, there are a lot easier opponents out there.
Briggs might have slowed down but he can still ****en whack.
Rodin is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:02 PM   #30
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9,431
vCash: 970
Default Re: Green live interview this morning.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
Mate, Are you sure it was a Green choice?
I got the impression about 12 months ago that Paul was working towards one last payday, & green finally agreed to it.
If Greens naysayers are right, there are a lot easier opponents out there.
Briggs might have slowed down but he can still ****en whack.
Agreed, and that was the destinction I was making between Briggs and Jerez.

Briggsy's a potential danger, no doubt. Jerez is just CV padding.
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013