Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 07-09-2010, 04:45 AM   #1
ekar
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Pac should retire

There is really no fight for him to take besides Mayweather. If that don't happened he is better off retiring. Just look at the names out there.

Cotto- Pacquiao made the mistake of beating his ass too hard. No one is excited seeing it again and people can tell his style is all wrong for pacquiao.

margarito- has another latino style that fits Pacquiao. Undeserving of a shot. And has not done anything worth seeing in over two years.

marquez- Is old out of his weight. Which would give him no credit for a victory.

Mosley- clearly looks old. One thing he has is a new style for manny which would be interesting for some fans. But hasn't look good since the vargas fight. margarito was just a good style matchup for the margarito fight which fooled many fans. But the secrets out.

legacy wise there is nothing out there, Unless he looks up north which would put him at a huge disadvantage.

I think the only fight that would do pretty good PPV wise is the Chavez jr fight. Won't do anything for his legacy but I think the fans would love to see Chavez's is ass kick.

Pacquiao should have layed low and fought Maidana, ortiz, Alexander, then hatton first. Now pacquiao has nowhere to go by beating the top guys.
ekar is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2010, 04:48 AM   #2
eze
Everybody Know Me
East Side VIP

Default Re: Pac should retire

Mayweather, Williams, Martinez, Berto, Maidana (if he fights Khan and wins)
eze is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2010, 04:56 AM   #3
DobyZhee
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 928

i'm on the 'he needs to fight an African American fighter' bandwagon.

He's GOT to fight a slick fighter.

He can retire, win or lose.
DobyZhee is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2010, 05:00 AM   #4
roversbowers
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2844

I'd like to see him fight Bradley. he wont make a massive payday but it will do wonders for his resume. if he beats bradley then Timo will most probably go back to 140 and clear up... 2-3 years down the line he will return to 147 and maybe unify that division because mayweather and pac will have retired and i see berto at 154. It would be a good name on Pacquiaos record, maybe only fully respected a few years down the line though. plus as you said previously its a new style for Pacquiao
roversbowers is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2010, 05:07 AM   #5
Gander Tasco
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

I wouldn't mind seeing a rematch with Marquez at 140 or 135. Him and Bradley would be a good way to go out.
Gander Tasco is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2010, 05:18 AM   #6
AnthonyW
ESB Official Gif Poster
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 920

Quote:
Originally Posted by roversbowers View Post
I'd like to see him fight Bradley. he wont make a massive payday but it will do wonders for his resume. if he beats bradley then Timo will most probably go back to 140 and clear up... 2-3 years down the line he will return to 147 and maybe unify that division because mayweather and pac will have retired and i see berto at 154. It would be a good name on Pacquiaos record, maybe only fully respected a few years down the line though. plus as you said previously its a new style for Pacquiao
He would have to fight Bradley at 140lbs if it were to happen...147lbs, he would get no credit...or not much credit for a victory.
It's the same when Hatton fought Mayweather at 147lbs...
AnthonyW is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2010, 05:18 AM   #7
unclepaulie
Run like an antelope!
ESB Addict

vCash: 541

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekar View Post
There is really no fight for him to take besides Mayweather. If that don't happened he is better off retiring. Just look at the names out there.

Cotto- Pacquiao made the mistake of beating his ass too hard. No one is excited seeing it again and people can tell his style is all wrong for pacquiao.

margarito- has another latino style that fits Pacquiao. Undeserving of a shot. And has not done anything worth seeing in over two years.

marquez- Is old out of his weight. Which would give him no credit for a victory.

Mosley- clearly looks old. One thing he has is a new style for manny which would be interesting for some fans. But hasn't look good since the vargas fight. margarito was just a good style matchup for the margarito fight which fooled many fans. But the secrets out.

legacy wise there is nothing out there, Unless he looks up north which would put him at a huge disadvantage.

I think the only fight that would do pretty good PPV wise is the Chavez jr fight. Won't do anything for his legacy but I think the fans would love to see Chavez's is ass kick.

Pacquiao should have layed low and fought Maidana, ortiz, Alexander, then hatton first. Now pacquiao has nowhere to go by beating the top guys.

Mosley looked pretty goddamned good in Vargas II and Collazo, not to mention the Margarito fight...
unclepaulie is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2010, 06:21 AM   #8
Hitman-Fan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1615

Pac should fight floyd

If it isn't made? retire

If its not floyd the fight doesn't mean s*d all

thats the fight we all want to see, if we dont see it i could give a t*** who Pacman fights
Hitman-Fan is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2010, 07:57 AM   #9
juanitoboxing
Belt holder
ESB Addict

There will always be a name out there for a fighter like Pacquiao.
juanitoboxing is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2010, 08:10 AM   #10
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

with or without floyd, his legacy is already secured. but fighting and beating floyd would make him not just a legend but an immortal. just a little more than 2 years ago, a fight with floyd seems not only impossible but laughable. now people are expecting to beat him.
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2010, 08:36 AM   #11
koko of phil
Ring of Fire Resident
ESB Senior Member

I think too it is reasonable for Pacquiao to hang his gloves if facing Mayweather won't push through. Floyd should be satisfied in avoiding Pac and wonder all his life his worthiness in this sport.
koko of phil is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2010, 08:37 AM   #12
shaunster101
Yido
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DobyZhee View Post
i'm on the 'he needs to fight an African American fighter' bandwagon.
That's not a bandwagon, it's a bus full of spastics
shaunster101 is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2010, 09:40 AM   #13
techks
ATG list Killah!
East Side Guru

Location: ......Bit stalkerish to ask where I live don't ya think?
vCash: 85

Pacquiao is not looking old or had a bad performance in awhile and even if he did who are we to say he needs to retire? He's a grown man if he wants to fight on I respect that and his mother needs to respect that too because he's not a kid anymore. If he does retire, I wish him the best he's had a great career.
techks is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2010, 10:27 AM   #14
PH|LLA
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 5685

I hope he fights on for another 4-5 years even though he's already peaked.
PH|LLA is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2010, 11:00 AM   #15
tommygun711
The Future
East Side Guru

vCash: 102

Quote:
Originally Posted by eze View Post
Mayweather, Williams, Martinez, Berto, Maidana (if he fights Khan and wins)
And Mosley.
What's wrong with facing Mosley..? It's still a good win regardless of him being old.
tommygun711 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum