Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


View Poll Results: Who was more 'shot'?
Holyfield 1 2.94%
Tyson 33 97.06%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2010, 03:13 PM   #16
bailey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: England
Posts: 13,375
vCash: 75
Default Re: Who was more over the hill when they fought?

Not the reaction you wanted in trying to get loads of people to say Hopkins was shot when he fought Calzaghe. Ha ha.
Still people age different, only yesterday I was reading of a fighter who debuted in the early 1900s and had his first fight 10, was a top fighter who ended up being shot at around 18.
Anyway Calzaghe was a bit more shot then Hopkins, but not much and neither Tyson or Holyfield were shot
bailey is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2010, 06:30 PM   #17
realsoulja
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 5,001
vCash: 75
Default Re: Who was more over the hill when they fought?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
Not the reaction you wanted in trying to get loads of people to say Hopkins was shot when he fought Calzaghe.
If I wanted people to say Hopkins was more faded than Calzaghe I would have added it to the poll.

Quote:
Ha ha.
**** off

Quote:
Still people age different, only yesterday I was reading of a fighter who debuted in the early 1900s and had his first fight 10, was a top fighter who ended up being shot at around 18.
Well done for reading that shit have a jamie dodger

Quote:
Anyway Calzaghe was a bit more shot then Hopkins, but not much and
Calzaghe was a *****. No analysis required.

Quote:
neither Tyson or Holyfield were shot
who was more closer to shot status. Who was more over the hill as the thread title says.
realsoulja is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 02:19 PM   #18
bailey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: England
Posts: 13,375
vCash: 75
Default Re: Who was more over the hill when they fought?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
Not the reaction you wanted in trying to get loads of people to say Hopkins was shot when he fought Calzaghe. Ha ha.
Still people age different, only yesterday I was reading of a fighter who debuted in the early 1900s and had his first fight 10, was a top fighter who ended up being shot at around 18.
Anyway Calzaghe was a bit more shot then Hopkins, but not much and neither Tyson or Holyfield were shot
Quote:
Originally Posted by realsoulja View Post
If I wanted people to say Hopkins was more faded than Calzaghe I would have added it to the poll.



**** off



Well done for reading that shit have a jamie dodger



Calzaghe was a *****. No analysis required.



who was more closer to shot status. Who was more over the hill as the thread title says.
As said before. Calzaghe was more shot than Hopkins and I didnt feel either Holyfield or Tyson were shot. Tyson was favoured to beat Holyfield.

Seems I exposed you there . Except it Calzaghe beat your hero, and nobody answered how you wanted them to .
This might lure out some big Hopkins fans to humour you and say Hopkins was shot, to make you feel better. But you keep trying to say Hopkins was so past it on here and then in the next sentence say Joe should have fought him again. Bit odd when you think Hopkins was that far removed .



P.S.
Whats a Jamie dodger? Is it the same as a Jammie dodger?
bailey is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 02:44 PM   #19
Cobbler
Shoemaker To The Stars
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: I don't have a small head. I have posted other pictures on here that prove I don't have a small head
Posts: 9,611
vCash: 1088
Default Re: Who was more over the hill when they fought?

*Opens realsoulja thread confidently expecting it to be about Joe Calzaghe*

*Suprised to see is actually on a different subject*

*Notes that Calzaghe is still mentioned in first sentence and all subsequent posts by realsoulja*

All is well.
Cobbler is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 02:55 PM   #20
bailey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: England
Posts: 13,375
vCash: 75
Default Re: Who was more over the hill when they fought?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobbler View Post
*Opens realsoulja thread confidently expecting it to be about Joe Calzaghe*

*Suprised to see is actually on a different subject*

*Notes that Calzaghe is still mentioned in first sentence and all subsequent posts by realsoulja*

All is well.
bailey is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:54 PM   #21
Big Left
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: London
Posts: 2,953
vCash: 75
Default Re: Who was more over the hill when they fought?

Quote:
Originally Posted by realsoulja View Post
Calzaghe or Hopkins

That one is obvious but:

Holyfield or Tyson

Holyfield had lost to Moorer, and had lost 2/3 fights vs Bowe, also got TKO'ed in the last Bowe fight.

Tyson just came out of prison and beat Bruno up. But didnt look anything like he did in the early 90's.

Why is calzaghe hopkins obvious? Calzaghe retired one fight later - hopkins is still fighting.

Both fighters adapted their styles as they got older but Calzaghe needed speed and workrate which goes earlier than what Hopkins used - technique and brains.

Hopkins was way closer to his best level - dispite being 3 years older.
Big Left is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:58 PM   #22
Mind Reader
RIP Captain Phil
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Eugene, OR
Posts: 6,244
vCash: 760
Default Re: Who was more over the hill when they fought?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Left View Post
Why is calzaghe hopkins obvious? Calzaghe retired one fight later - hopkins is still fighting.

Both fighters adapted their styles as they got older but Calzaghe needed speed and workrate which goes earlier than what Hopkins used - technique and brains.

Hopkins was way closer to his best level - dispite being 3 years older.
Hopkins is 7 years Joe's senior not 3.

Jones was the one who is 3 years older than Calzaghe... I hope you wouldn't say Jones was closer to his best level.
Mind Reader is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 04:04 PM   #23
jomiyo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Who was more over the hill when they fought?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anglosaxon View Post
Both were prime, end thread, ban thread starter.
Tyson was prime post-prison?

Anglosaxon is chavscum.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013