Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2007, 11:23 AM   #46
fidds
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,247
vCash: 75
Default Re: Tszyu v Mayweather

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUNOF7
Tszu was KO by Vince Phillips... he has done nothing in his career comparable to Mayweather. He is not on Mayweather's level in terms of talent. He is more deified for his one shot landing against Zab Judah than for anything else. he landed the perfect shot and never gave Zab a rematch. Tszu is and was overrated...




Oh dear your in for it now

Oh how come tszyu ko'd mitchel in 3 yet a even more shot mitchel lasted 6 with mayweather ?
fidds is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2007, 11:33 AM   #47
SugarRay
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 321
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Tszyu v Mayweather

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUNOF7
Tszu was KO by Vince Phillips... he has done nothing in his career comparable to Mayweather. He is not on Mayweather's level in terms of talent. He is more deified for his one shot landing against Zab Judah than for anything else. he landed the perfect shot and never gave Zab a rematch. Tszu is and was overrated...
You the same guy nuthugging Mayweather on the Whitaker vs Mayweather thread? Geez, Mayweather is the guy yet to prove himself. A past-the-prime dela Hoya aint good enough dude. Furthermore, talent alone does not win you fights especially when you are fighting someone like Tszyu. The two fighters who beat Tszyu outhustled and outmuscled him. Mayweather don't all into that category. Tszyu also had excellent boxing skills. He was almost unbeatable as an amateur.
SugarRay is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 11:51 AM   #48
BoppaZoo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,336
vCash: 1132
Default Re: Tszyu v Mayweather

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUNOF7
Tszu was KO by Vince Phillips... he has done nothing in his career comparable to Mayweather. He is not on Mayweather's level in terms of talent. He is more deified for his one shot landing against Zab Judah than for anything else. he landed the perfect shot and never gave Zab a rematch. Tszu is and was overrated...
oh and add insult to injury, Kostya KO'd Judah a Prime no loss Judah and 2 rounds my friend.

and it took PBF 12 rounds and he lost the first 4 to Judah.

like i said and will always say by PBF saying he wanted no part of Kostya Tszyu well not until he was Roger's age means he is a ***** why.
because PBF said he was waiting for KT to get as old as Roger before they would think about fighting Kostya yet KT was 35 when PBF made this statement.
you know how old Roger was when he lost to Kostya 34 and KT was 25.

Roger knew Kostya's style would cause havac for PBF why do you think PBF never said anything towards Zoo.

all these so called fans go on and on about who beat who but never mention once about style's and how come PBF would be to good for KT.

you just keep saying the same thing and thats oh but PBF beat Oscar,Castillo,Corrales who are better yeah well i say this did PBF ever put away a guy of even Judah's class in 2 rounds.

oh and by the way this fight scenerio has been done to the ground i wish the fight happened but it was never going to because PBF was a *****.

because i couldnt see Kostya turning down a fight anywhere anytime.

Prime Tszyu vs Prime PBF at 140

Tszyu by TKO 10.
BoppaZoo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 11:55 AM   #49
Thom
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,804
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Tszyu v Mayweather

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoppaZoo
oh and add insult to injury, Kostya KO'd Judah a Prime no loss Judah and 2 rounds my friend.

and it took PBF 12 rounds and he lost the first 4 to Judah.

like i said and will always say by PBF saying he wanted no part of Kostya Tszyu well not until he was Roger's age means he is a ***** why.
because PBF said he was waiting for KT to get as old as Roger before they would think about fighting Kostya yet KT was 35 when PBF made this statement.
you know how old Roger was when he lost to Kostya 34 and KT was 25.


Roger knew Kostya's style would cause havac for PBF why do you think PBF never said anything towards Zoo.

all these so called fans go on and on about who beat who but never mention once about style's and how come PBF would be to good for KT.

you just keep saying the same thing and thats oh but PBF beat Oscar,Castillo,Corrales who are better yeah well i say this did PBF ever put away a guy of even Judah's class in 2 rounds.


You're back again with nonsense. Prove that Mayweather ducked prime, uninjured Tszyu when they weren't in the same weight class. I'm waiting to see some evidence.
Thom is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 12:07 PM   #50
igotJUIC3
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Georgia
Posts: 5,314
vCash: 1368
Default Re: Tszyu v Mayweather

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoppaZoo
oh and add insult to injury, Kostya KO'd Judah a Prime no loss Judah and 2 rounds my friend.

and it took PBF 12 rounds and he lost the first 4 to Judah.

like i said and will always say by PBF saying he wanted no part of Kostya Tszyu well not until he was Roger's age means he is a ***** why.
because PBF said he was waiting for KT to get as old as Roger before they would think about fighting Kostya yet KT was 35 when PBF made this statement.
you know how old Roger was when he lost to Kostya 34 and KT was 25.

Roger knew Kostya's style would cause havac for PBF why do you think PBF never said anything towards Zoo.

all these so called fans go on and on about who beat who but never mention once about style's and how come PBF would be to good for KT.

you just keep saying the same thing and thats oh but PBF beat Oscar,Castillo,Corrales who are better yeah well i say this did PBF ever put away a guy of even Judah's class in 2 rounds.

oh and by the way this fight scenerio has been done to the ground i wish the fight happened but it was never going to because PBF was a *****.

because i couldnt see Kostya turning down a fight anywhere anytime.

Prime Tszyu vs Prime PBF at 140

Tszyu by TKO 10.
Some of you are making too much of the 2nd round knockout...FIRST off...im not discrediting Zoo because he earned his knockout...BUT...if anyone ever REALLY paid attention to the fight...ZOO could not handle ZAB's speed he was gettin his ass whopped...he won the first round with EASE....the only thing that got Judah which is his life story is that he knew he could beat Zoo lost his head let his hands down all the way to his side and Zoo is jut way to good for that and thus your results...PLUS had Judah took his time he gets up easily and still overcomes that.....Zoo obviously had no heart anyway Floyd's defense would break him down mentaly and Floyd dominates later rouds anyway if he doesnt win the close early rounds....i say this because as good as Zoo is....HE QUIT WITH HATTON.....that says enough about his mentality and heart...Zoo was very good..but beat FLOYD...come on man....be for real.
igotJUIC3 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 12:14 PM   #51
BoppaZoo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,336
vCash: 1132
Default Re: Tszyu v Mayweather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom


You're back again with nonsense. Prove that Mayweather ducked prime, uninjured Tszyu when they weren't in the same weight class. I'm waiting to see some evidence.
ask any PBF fan this is a comment PBF made after Tszyu beat Mitchell.

i dont have the link but we were shown a link by a PBF fan.

yes he said this ask around someone should have the link. you know what good old PBF did intsead he went after you guessed it he went after Brusells to get to a old done Gatti.

i am terminated this discussion why your not on my level why its always about who PBF's beat and never about his style and why he beats Tszyu.

Why his defense. he some how aviods Tszyu's right for a whole 12 rounds whitout getting hurt once. he is to fast for Tszyu which is BS why because they said the same about Judah.

still the same shit with the PBF fans just a different day.

ive given my reasons why Tszyu would beat PBF.
1. Tszyu is a far better counter puncher and Counter Punchers always have the upper hand over quick guys. e.g MAB vs Hamed.

2. Tszyu's right hand and i doubt very much that PBF can go 12 rounds without getting hit with Tszyu's right.

3. why because he is the most accurate most patient fighter ive seen.

4. Everyone thinks Tszyu's slow but ask anyone that seen Tszyu in his prime or fought Zoo in his prime if he was slow.

5. last but not least fighters that need room to run to pick there oppoent's appart need space out there to win like PBF does.
Tszyu cut of the ring better than anyone we have seen and stalked his prey and put there lights out.

now if you can come up with why PBF would aviod all of that then go for it. but if your like all the other phony's i bet you say oh but PBF beat better comp. well in a Ring Style is everything and ive never seen Kostya Tszyu lose to a guy like PBF at all. the only type he had truoble with was big strong wrestling type guys aka Hatton and Phillips.

Get a clue.
BoppaZoo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 12:18 PM   #52
BoppaZoo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,336
vCash: 1132
Default Re: Tszyu v Mayweather

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotJUIC3
Some of you are making too much of the 2nd round knockout...FIRST off...im not discrediting Zoo because he earned his knockout...BUT...if anyone ever REALLY paid attention to the fight...ZOO could not handle ZAB's speed he was gettin his ass whopped...he won the first round with EASE....the only thing that got Judah which is his life story is that he knew he could beat Zoo lost his head let his hands down all the way to his side and Zoo is jut way to good for that and thus your results...PLUS had Judah took his time he gets up easily and still overcomes that.....Zoo obviously had no heart anyway Floyd's defense would break him down mentaly and Floyd dominates later rouds anyway if he doesnt win the close early rounds....i say this because as good as Zoo is....HE QUIT WITH HATTON.....that says enough about his mentality and heart...Zoo was very good..but beat FLOYD...come on man....be for real.
this is the worst post ever.

yeah Tszyu starts slow but if anyone that seen this fight will tell you Tszyu was clearly ahead in round 2 before he knocked Zab down.

and you could tell in Zab'z face that he was trying hard to aviod Zoo's power. he was affraid of it and its written all over his face.

Tszyu would have dominated Zab no matter what just like he did ever other fast southpaw.

in fact his record against southpaws speaks for itself.

8-0 8 KO's
Get a Clue.
BoppaZoo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 12:26 PM   #53
igotJUIC3
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Georgia
Posts: 5,314
vCash: 1368
Default Re: Tszyu v Mayweather

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoppaZoo
this is the worst post ever.

yeah Tszyu starts slow but if anyone that seen this fight will tell you Tszyu was clearly ahead in round 2 before he knocked Zab down.

and you could tell in Zab'z face that he was trying hard to aviod Zoo's power. he was affraid of it and its written all over his face.

Tszyu would have dominated Zab no matter what just like he did ever other fast southpaw.

in fact his record against southpaws speaks for itself.

8-0 8 KO's
Get a Clue.
SLOW starter....he cant afford that with Floyd cus Floyd gets stronger and better at the end....all im saying is ZAB whopped Zoo ass and Zoo was not the clearly leading the second untill the KO...and if you ask ANYONE with good knowledge of boxing ...had ZAB took his time getting up he still overcomes that and wins decision Zoo could not withstand Zab's speed...and LIKE i said ZAB mentality is horrible hence the hands being at his side when he got KO'd.....Zoo deserved that KO not taking it away but had that not taken place he loses the fight to a decision.
igotJUIC3 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 12:41 PM   #54
igotJUIC3
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Georgia
Posts: 5,314
vCash: 1368
Default Re: Tszyu v Mayweather

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoppaZoo
ask any PBF fan this is a comment PBF made after Tszyu beat Mitchell.

i dont have the link but we were shown a link by a PBF fan.

yes he said this ask around someone should have the link. you know what good old PBF did intsead he went after you guessed it he went after Brusells to get to a old done Gatti.

i am terminated this discussion why your not on my level why its always about who PBF's beat and never about his style and why he beats Tszyu.

Why his defense. he some how aviods Tszyu's right for a whole 12 rounds whitout getting hurt once. he is to fast for Tszyu which is BS why because they said the same about Judah.

still the same shit with the PBF fans just a different day.

ive given my reasons why Tszyu would beat PBF.
1. Tszyu is a far better counter puncher and Counter Punchers always have the upper hand over quick guys. e.g MAB vs Hamed.

2. Tszyu's right hand and i doubt very much that PBF can go 12 rounds without getting hit with Tszyu's right.

3. why because he is the most accurate most patient fighter ive seen.

4. Everyone thinks Tszyu's slow but ask anyone that seen Tszyu in his prime or fought Zoo in his prime if he was slow.

5. last but not least fighters that need room to run to pick there oppoent's appart need space out there to win like PBF does.
Tszyu cut of the ring better than anyone we have seen and stalked his prey and put there lights out.

now if you can come up with why PBF would aviod all of that then go for it. but if your like all the other phony's i bet you say oh but PBF beat better comp. well in a Ring Style is everything and ive never seen Kostya Tszyu lose to a guy like PBF at all. the only type he had truoble with was big strong wrestling type guys aka Hatton and Phillips.

Get a clue.
these reasons ae not valid my man.....FAR better counter puncher....come on man...do you watch Floyd's fights??? Matter fact watch any of his fights and they praise his counterpunching i dont care who it is like him or not they praise his counter punching so thats NONSENSE...and Floyd is well beyond just being a "quick guy"

his right hand...please he went 12 rounds without ODH's left which is better than Zoo's right.

You stating Zoo being the most accurtate fighter you have seen speaks volumes of your knowledge of boxing...again...FLOYD is one of the most accurate if not the most accurate today....look at his fight stats im willing to bet Floyds best accuracy is better than Zoo's best accuracy.

Zoo was not slow by no means....but he wasnt fast either he just had good timing and rhthym..totally diffrent....Floyd is nothing but timing and need i say faster...which means beating Zoo to the punch.

Zoo does have good ringsmenship i do believe that but what you have to remember is that Zoo coming forward is all PBF knows how to fight anyway....he will be used to that and slip slide and duck out the way...he has done it several fights...we all know PBF will not be forced to fight anyone's fights which is why his fights are boring to some....PBF simply wins this bout because he is just better than Zoo and this is not taking anything away from Zoo it would be a competitive fight maybe even a SD...i didnt think ODH would be a SD(it shouldnt if you asked me) but it was. People dont like PBF for personal reasons...FACT is...he is in his prime RIGHT NOW...this prime against Zoo's prime and Zoo will not win...just my opinion.
igotJUIC3 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 08:16 PM   #55
SugarRay
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 321
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Tszyu v Mayweather

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotJUIC3
Some of you are making too much of the 2nd round knockout...FIRST off...im not discrediting Zoo because he earned his knockout...BUT...if anyone ever REALLY paid attention to the fight...ZOO could not handle ZAB's speed he was gettin his ass whopped...he won the first round with EASE....the only thing that got Judah which is his life story is that he knew he could beat Zoo lost his head let his hands down all the way to his side and Zoo is jut way to good for that and thus your results...PLUS had Judah took his time he gets up easily and still overcomes that.....Zoo obviously had no heart anyway Floyd's defense would break him down mentaly and Floyd dominates later rouds anyway if he doesnt win the close early rounds....i say this because as good as Zoo is....HE QUIT WITH HATTON.....that says enough about his mentality and heart...Zoo was very good..but beat FLOYD...come on man....be for real.
And if you really did pay attention did you not realise that Tszyu had Zudah figured out late in the 1st round!? Tszyu's punches were beginning to find their mark and that Zudah despite his BIG uppercut couldn't floor Tszyu. Zudah had to change tactics a bit that's why he didn't come out blazing in the second round.

Why discredit Tsyzu (who was 35yo) just because he couldn't make the 12th round against a very good Hatton??? The great Chavez was TKO'd by Tszyu in the 6th when Chavez was 36yo. No one seems to discredit Chavez.

Prime Mayweather barely beat a 135lb Castillo. You call that impressive??? Prime Tszyu would have been hungrier, bigger, sharper, fitter, stronger, bigger puncher, better boxer, etc...
SugarRay is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 08:43 PM   #56
Dekkers
Team Bergeron
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Sydney
Posts: 648
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Tszyu v Mayweather

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotJUIC3
Some of you are making too much of the 2nd round knockout...FIRST off...im not discrediting Zoo because he earned his knockout...BUT...if anyone ever REALLY paid attention to the fight...ZOO could not handle ZAB's speed he was gettin his ass whopped...he won the first round with EASE....the only thing that got Judah which is his life story is that he knew he could beat Zoo lost his head let his hands down all the way to his side and Zoo is jut way to good for that and thus your results...PLUS had Judah took his time he gets up easily and still overcomes that.....Zoo obviously had no heart anyway Floyd's defense would break him down mentaly and Floyd dominates later rouds anyway if he doesnt win the close early rounds....i say this because as good as Zoo is....HE QUIT WITH HATTON.....that says enough about his mentality and heart...Zoo was very good..but beat FLOYD...come on man....be for real.
Tszyu's been in tough fights, and shown heart plenty of times in his fights with Urkal, Phillips and Hurtado that i've seen. His corner pulled him out against Hatton and why not? Tszyu was out of it, had nothing left and was behind on the cards... what would three more minutes of what Hatton gave him in the 11th prove? I personally felt that Castillo could've gotten up from the bodyshot he caught from Hatton, yet who's going to call Castillo a quitter after all that he's shown in his career? Both guys have plenty of heart at their best.

Tszyu started a little slow in the first, but towards the end of the first he was getting the better of Judah. In the second he just continued what he started towards the end of the first and clearly took the round. Guys who say Judah 'dominated' before getting stopped have no credibility. Floyd himself respected Tszyu and he doesn't respect all that many fighters.

A prime Tszyu has a lot of things that would trouble Floyd, excellent handspeed, accuracy, an excellent counterpuncher (he'll take a shot to simulataneously deliver a counter, fakes to set up counters), power in both hands, very strong physically and great offensive technique (nice kit of punches, great left hook to the body, nice jab, can fight inside). Tszyu has as good an offensive arsenal as you could want from a fighter to take on a Floyd Mayweather that's going to fight in the pocket.

If Floyd moves a lot he has a better chance in the fight, he need to be a constantly moving target, in and out. That's a much more draining pace to fight at though, so Tszyu will have his chances late. If he stays in the pocket though i'm pretty sure Tszyu would have caught him and possibly stopped him. It's Floyd's fight to lose in some ways depending on the tactics he uses to face Kostya. You can never count out a puncher of Tszyus quality though.

I think a lot of the guys here giving Tszyu no chance just haven't seen enough of him.

BORKED
Dekkers is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013