Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 11-09-2007, 03:29 AM   #1
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default What road to glory should Jurgen Brahmer attempt?

Should he go for the the vacant WBC against Froch or for the vacant WBO against Pascal, if Froch beats Reid and Pascal beats Miranda? What are your thoughts? Or is the Pascal match-up so unlikely that we shouldn't even bother?

What are Jurgen's chances to win a World Title in 2008? What does he still need to work on?
Decebal is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2007, 05:20 AM   #2
Tom_Tocca
The Provider
ESB Addict

Default Re: What road to glory should Jurgen Brahmer attempt?

I would see Pascal as being the easier path to a world title. Froch hits way more harder and has a proven, solid chin unlike Pascal, whose chin still has a question mark on it.

It's also easier to arrange a fight between GYM and UBP than between UBP and an English promoter (I think Maloney is Froch's promoter).
Tom_Tocca is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2007, 06:24 AM   #3
bumdujour
Contender
ESB Senior Member

of the two, pascal seems to be the easier fight because he is still less proven than froch. and he would be easier to get to germany.

but i would perhaps go for a different road. the WBA has the following rankings:

1. inkin
2. dimitri sartison
3. haussler
4. gusmyl perdomo
5. brahmer

i would try to make the fight between brahmer vs sartison. would be the easiest fight for him.
bumdujour is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2007, 07:21 AM   #4
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumdujour
of the two, pascal seems to be the easier fight because he is still less proven than froch. and he would be easier to get to germany.

but i would perhaps go for a different road. the WBA has the following rankings:

1. inkin
2. dimitri sartison
3. haussler
4. gusmyl perdomo
5. brahmer

i would try to make the fight between brahmer vs sartison. would be the easiest fight for him.
You mean going fot Inkin rather than Froch? I would advise him against that...Inkin's style is worse for Brahmer than Froch's, no?
Decebal is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2007, 08:51 AM   #5
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

1. inkin
2. dimitri sartison
3. haussler
4. gusmyl perdomo
5. brahmer

You are right! Sartison would be the easiest road to a title.
He shouldnt fight his stable mate Inkin though.
Inkin's style will probably cause mayor problems for the talented German.
Pascal? Why not!
Froch? I would bet my money on Braehmer.
Odo is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2007, 08:53 AM   #6
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo
Froch? I would bet my money on Braehmer.
Please tell us more! Would you analyse this one for us?
Decebal is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2007, 09:20 AM   #7
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decebal
Please tell us more! Would you analyse this one for us?
Well,decebal,my gut feeling somehow tells me that Braehmer should be able to beat the more one-dimensional Brit who had a death and life struggle with Adamu who had lost fair and square to Vitaly Tsypko two weeks before he travelled to Great Britain to face Froch in the ring.
To be honest I wouldnt bet much money on Braehmer though.IMO he still lacks his "old" aggressiveness in the ring which was one of his best weapons when he used to win big time and look spectalur at the same time before he was put behind prison bars.
As I said a victory for Braehmer isnt a sure bet,and I wouldnt bet my house on him.
Froch can bang,and Braehmer was floored by Velasquz.
I like Braehmer,the old version of him.I would surely root for him against Froch.Who knows? My affection of him has probably darkened my ability to be objective on him.I for my part think that the Brit is far too stiff for Braehmer,but I may be wrong.I would have never thought before Braehmer squared off against Velsquez that the Argie could be able to cause so many problems to Braehmer.
Despite his shortcommings Froch is a bloody dangerous opponent for any top gun at supermiddle.
Hehe! The smaller version of Virchis at supermiddle!
Odo is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2007, 02:39 PM   #8
unitas
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:

1. inkin
2. dimitri sartison
3. haussler
4. gusmyl perdomo
5. brahmer

i have a better idea. inkin, sartison and brahmer are with universum. perdomo is linked to spotlight, so he is basically associated with universum.

now if i were a manipulative bastard ( well, like kohl is), id tell inkin to fight either pascal or froch. he can beat either, so that would make sense.

then iŽd tell sartison that he aint ready for someone like brähmer and simply hold him back. no problem there, kohl has done such things a million times.

then, iŽd try to make the fight between haussler and brahmer.
if haussler agrees, iŽd pay perdomo a step aside fee and guarantee him a shot at the winner! and bet your ass perdomo would agree.
first off, haussler cant beat brahmer. he is as limited as they come. he is tough nothing else.
brahmer would break him down, bust him up and stop him in about 8 rounds imo.

BUT GUESS WHAT: i say haussler wont take the fight!!!! cause he has always avoided brahmer on the domestic and euro circuit, and his management turned down the chance to fight the more beatable berrio for the ibf belt, even though sauerland (hausslers promoter) could have forced the fight.

SO THIS LEAVES: drumroll please........BRAHMER vs PERDOMO!!!!!!!

that is perhaps the easiest road to the top for brahmer. perdomo recently lost a close decision to the hardly spectecular sartison.

he is just a mediocre talent. a southpaw with a herkey-jerkey style, rather slow handspeed, mediocre power.......just a mediocre talent.

he has a good chin and is awkward to fight, so i guess this goes to the points, but brahmer cant lose this unless he totally ****s himself!!

that would get kohl an exciting german (a real german for a change ) world champ.................and millions are to be made.

personally, iŽd hate this fight cause perdomo doesnt deserve it and brahmer vs froch, inkin, pascal would be much better fights.
even vs sartison would make a better fight.
unitas is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2007, 05:14 PM   #9
dwilson

vCash:

I think after Calzaghe steps up and drops the belts Brahmer should be in and around the title fights straiht away. I would like to see him put in with Kessler for pure entertainment but a match against Inkin would be great in Germany.
Old 11-09-2007, 06:39 PM   #10
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitas
i have a better idea. inkin, sartison and brahmer are with universum. perdomo is linked to spotlight, so he is basically associated with universum.

now if i were a manipulative bastard ( well, like kohl is), id tell inkin to fight either pascal or froch. he can beat either, so that would make sense.

then iŽd tell sartison that he aint ready for someone like brähmer and simply hold him back. no problem there, kohl has done such things a million times.

then, iŽd try to make the fight between haussler and brahmer.
if haussler agrees, iŽd pay perdomo a step aside fee and guarantee him a shot at the winner! and bet your ass perdomo would agree.
first off, haussler cant beat brahmer. he is as limited as they come. he is tough nothing else.
brahmer would break him down, bust him up and stop him in about 8 rounds imo.

BUT GUESS WHAT: i say haussler wont take the fight!!!! cause he has always avoided brahmer on the domestic and euro circuit, and his management turned down the chance to fight the more beatable berrio for the ibf belt, even though sauerland (hausslers promoter) could have forced the fight.

SO THIS LEAVES: drumroll please........BRAHMER vs PERDOMO!!!!!!!

that is perhaps the easiest road to the top for brahmer. perdomo recently lost a close decision to the hardly spectecular sartison.

he is just a mediocre talent. a southpaw with a herkey-jerkey style, rather slow handspeed, mediocre power.......just a mediocre talent.

he has a good chin and is awkward to fight, so i guess this goes to the points, but brahmer cant lose this unless he totally ****s himself!!

that would get kohl an exciting german (a real german for a change ) world champ.................and millions are to be made.

personally, iŽd hate this fight cause perdomo doesnt deserve it and brahmer vs froch, inkin, pascal would be much better fights.
even vs sartison would make a better fight.
A very interesting post!
Decebal is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2007, 10:23 AM   #11
scorpy
Veni, Vidi, Vici
ESB Senior Member

Quote:

1. inkin
2. dimitri sartison
3. haussler
4. gusmyl perdomo
5. brahmer

With the WBC or WBO, he could fight for a vacant title... for the WBA, he would have to fight an eliminator to fight Mundine... The fastest way to a title for Brahmer definately is with the WBO or WBC. Of course, everybody is waiting to see where will Kessler end up being ranked and what will be his next move.
scorpy is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2007, 02:07 PM   #12
unitas
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpy
With the WBC or WBO, he could fight for a vacant title... for the WBA, he would have to fight an eliminator to fight Mundine... The fastest way to a title for Brahmer definately is with the WBO or WBC. Of course, everybody is waiting to see where will Kessler end up being ranked and what will be his next move.
yes, you are right!

i forgot that mundine will continue his career. i thought he had retired......i thought wrong.
unitas is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum