Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 06-30-2007, 09:06 PM   #1
m1k3

vCash:
Default whats up josh

i just signed up. Can you make me a list or whatever of stuff that i should eat to drop weight?
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2007, 11:19 PM   #2
younghypnotiq
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: whats up josh

umm whos josh?
younghypnotiq is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2007, 02:06 AM   #3
skipdog
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1k3
i just signed up. Can you make me a list or whatever of stuff that i should eat to drop weight?
YA bro,, my name is skipdog though.. You ****in NOOB. LOl. Just playin .. Ya Ill hook you up..
skipdog is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2007, 02:37 AM   #4
skipdog
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Big picture you want to avoid anything refined, fried, white sugar, corn syrup, white flour, soda even diet, gatorade only in moderation meaning very little like its a dessert, salt, fast food, etc... Eat a good blend of lean meats (turkey, chicken, steak, fish tuna in a can or whatever you like, etc..), eggs are cool in moderation, a little peanut butter is ok, cottage cheese is nice, almonds, seeds, beans and rice, lentils.. That covers a lot of protein... Have a good 3-4 servings of these each day.. Carbs, avoid any white flour (white bread, white pasta, no white rice) Have oatmeal unflavored (with a bit of splenda if your a baby), granola, brown rice, wheat pasta in moderation, wheat bread, rye is best though, .. Fruit is good just not to much banana and other very sweet ones, unsweetened strawberries are good, grapefruit, cranberry or tomatoe are the only juices you should have for a while (100% juice only). Have about 3-4 of these per day, you need energy. Lots of vegetables how ever much you want basically.. Stay away from Ranch dressing, anything creamy basically.. Drionk a lot of water try for almost a gallon a day.. Figure you drink 16 ozs during training at least.. So have another 5-8 glasses throughout the day.. Lowfat milk is good in moderation. You need good fats, avocado, fish, almonds, etc.. Have a good amount of these as well.. We can talk details later bro.. This should get you started.. You will need to force yourself to do it until you get in the habit of eating right. Allow one cheat day a week if you have to. peace.
skipdog is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2007, 08:46 AM   #5
Filmnpuck
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipdog
wheat bread, rye is best though, .. Fruit is good just not to much banana and other very sweet ones, unsweetened strawberries are good, grapefruit, cranberry or tomatoe are the only juices you should have for a while (100% juice only).
Just curious, why rye over whole wheat bread?

Also, what are the specific advantages of grapefruit, cranberry, and tomato juices over, say, orange juice. I'm at a point where pretty much the only liquid going into my body is water and OJ, and skim milk at breakfast.
Filmnpuck is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2007, 08:57 AM   #6
buddynabuick
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1k3

Man if you have not lurked on here for a while, get ready for a culture shock. I'm sure someone will tell you to eat copious amounts of serpent seed sperm to lose weight BTW, greetings
buddynabuick is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2007, 11:35 AM   #7
skipdog
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filmnpuck
Just curious, why rye over whole wheat bread?

Also, what are the specific advantages of grapefruit, cranberry, and tomato juices over, say, orange juice. I'm at a point where pretty much the only liquid going into my body is water and OJ, and skim milk at breakfast.
Rye is never going to have white flour or corn syrup in it.. Grapefruit, tomatoe, cranberry.. All less sweet, not such a spiky amount of sugar..
skipdog is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2007, 01:24 PM   #8
Filmnpuck
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipdog
Rye is never going to have white flour or corn syrup in it.. Grapefruit, tomatoe, cranberry.. All less sweet, not such a spiky amount of sugar..
Yeah, let me tell you how irritated I was when I found out that the Jewel-brand whole wheat bread that I was buying had High Fructose Corn Syrup in it. It's hard to avoid that crap, it's in everything! But now I buy a whole wheat bread from Trader Joe's (GREAT store if you're looking for foods that aren't refined).

I've never been quite convinced on the "this fruit is better for you because there is less sugar in it" argument. I mean, the sugar in fruits is a different chemical complex than refined sugar, it takes more time for the body to break it down. So I've always figured that any fruit isn't going to give you a sugar spike like, say, juice sweetened with corn syrup will.

Nonetheless, I ought to be switching up my juices a bit more as there is definitely benefits to getting a wide variety of fruits and veggies in the diet.
Filmnpuck is offline  Top
Old 07-02-2007, 01:59 AM   #9
skipdog
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Some juices simply have more sugar then others.. If you want a lot of it.. Drink grape juice or orange..
skipdog is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing