Old 11-11-2007, 10:48 AM   #46
Steve Fox
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Macarinelli must feel a right dickhead now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claypole
Yep, he's a two faced arse licker who talks absolute crap. He claimed Haye was a natural fighter, unlike Lennox Lewis. He is a gargoyle faced ****wit.
I think Bunce is scared of pissing Enzo off and having him turn on him. If it did kick off though, my money would be on Macca, despite the obvious step up in class.
Steve Fox is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2007, 11:22 AM   #47
Strike
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1667
Default Re: Macarinelli must feel a right **head now

What the **** are you lot on about? Haye has said he was moving to Heavy for over a year. He fought at Heavy against Bonin and said "I am having one last fight down at Cruiser against Mormeck". He has not suddenly said he is moving up, were you guys even following his comments and fights this past year?

Enzo is not being dissed for ducking Haye he is being dissed for fighting the likes of Bobby Gunn, for then announcing a bout against Sellers who has been retired for 3 years and is utterly shot, and for hyping Sellers as a huge danger. A fight so disgraceful that the BBBC would not sanction it.

Enzo then announces another no hoper as his next opponent and hypes that too.

He is being mocked because he fights guys like Gunn and trys to make fights like Sellers sound credible
Haye instead fights guys like the Cruiserweight Ring Champion.
Strike is offline  Top
Old 11-11-2007, 11:24 AM   #48
bagman

Quote:
Originally Posted by O Foquinha
He picked Mormeck in 7. The way he talks up his shite opponents is embarrasing...on the other hand Haye doesn't talk...he just fights the top dog and knocks him out in his own backyard. Can the contrast between the 2 be any bigger?
Maca must know deep down he's a bitch-titted, ducking and fruadulent ****er.
Totally agree, Maccarinelli is way too proteced, I think Haye would waste him within 3 rounds.
bagman is offline  Top
Old 11-11-2007, 04:51 PM   #49
madpup
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: Macarinelli must feel a right dickhead now

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuey
that aint why i am giving enzo shit. he was sitting there so ****ing smug predicting haye gets beat saying how he beats both etc...
i am giving him shit because he aint fought no one to be able to back up his bily big bollox attitude.
Exactly!

Macca wouldnt get half that hate if he didnt fight cripples for his title and then talk himself up as the best cruiserweight in the world. Haye at least tries to back up what he says and looks to fight the best.
madpup is offline  Top
Old 11-11-2007, 09:42 PM   #50
stake501
Contender
ESB Senior Member

My prefered method of dealing with Macca is the mute button, and media blackout til he fights someone with a pulse.

I think he has talent (not Haye talent but talent) and a great trainer, but til he steps up I'm not interested.
stake501 is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2007, 11:48 AM   #51
phonk
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by O Foquinha
He picked Mormeck in 7. The way he talks up his shite opponents is embarrasing...on the other hand Haye doesn't talk...he just fights the top dog and knocks him out in his own backyard. Can the contrast between the 2 be any bigger?
Maca must know deep down he's a bitch-titted, ducking and fruadulent ****er.

Could'nt have put it better myself.

Last edited by janitor; 09-14-2006 at 10:11 AM.
phonk is offline  Top
Old 11-13-2007, 06:06 AM   #52
SouthLondonsFinest
SE4 BABY
ESB Jr Member

ta strike, what I was thinking but u can just put it better in words... thks
SouthLondonsFinest is offline  Top
Old 11-13-2007, 06:58 AM   #53
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagman
Totally agree, Maccarinelli is way too proteced, I think Haye would waste him within 3 rounds.
He is a Frank ****** fighter. Frank always does what he does best and thats protect his investments. Mac Haye is a 50 50 bout thats for dam sure.We really need to see what Haye is like up at heavy as the Bonin fight was over to quickly.But if his conditioning gets better up at heavy then Mac is in for a quick night.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 11-13-2007, 07:38 AM   #54
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxstuff
Haye/Macca is NOT a 50/50 match-up. Haye would wreck him in 5.
Sure he would.Let me guess because he KO`ed Mormeck right?

Despite this being a fantastic win for Haye there are some GLARING flaws here. Haye is chinny at cruiser and takes right hands leads like there going out of fashion.He doesnt even bring his left up to protect his face. Thats a fundamental 101 in boxing. That doesnt bode well when Mac is a world class puncher in the same ilk as Haye.Both can bang with authority with Haye being a possibly more concussive puncher.Either way with 2 guys that can bang and 1 with glass for whiskers that makes for an even money bout no matter what your bias may tell you.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:32 PM   #55
Loggo
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Can Macranelli take a big shot?He should fight Mormeck over there in Paris(if he`s got the bottle)and we would find out if his chin is any better.Mark Hobson wobbled him a couple of times in their first fight.

Last edited by Predator13; 09-16-2006 at 08:54 AM.
Loggo is offline  Top
Old 11-13-2007, 01:43 PM   #56
Sly
Contender
ESB Senior Member

On the chin issue...

I can guarantee that Enzo Maccarinelli has a worse chin than David Haye. David will be the first to admit his chin is hardly Toney-esque, but find me an example of him being shaken by a shot to the chin. Thompson? No. Mock? Temple. Mormeck? Temple. Twite? Temple.
**** it, maybe he has a glass temple. Whatever, the guy can take a shot. He's taken FLUSH shots from Danny Williams, Sultan Ibragimov, Alex Gurov, Kelvin Davis and a ton of other heavyweights in the gym - a lot of the time without headgear.

Maccarinelli is improving all the time, but he's been buzzed plenty in his career. Bruce Scott ****ed him up. Swaby obviously, too. Mark Hobson had him going, and Hobson can't punch. Marcelo Dominguez had him gone as well, but Enzo was helped by the bell. When Enzo gets caught clean, there is always a reaction. Just watch the footage.
Sly is offline  Top
Old 11-13-2007, 03:31 PM   #57
Strike
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loggo
Can Macranelli take a big shot?He should fight Mormeck over there in Paris(if he`s got the bottle)and we would find out if his chin is any better.Mark Hobson wobbled him a couple of times in their first fight.
Macca cannot take a good shot, he was stopped by Swaby and he was nearly KO'd by Bruce Scott. I watched that fight and Macc was done, but credit came back with a brutal KO win.

But the big issue is that for all his crap fights and his bullshit, Macc has gone away and worked. His defence is 10 times better than it used to be and he has worked on his stamina etc to improve his resistance etc.
Strike is offline  Top
Old 11-13-2007, 03:34 PM   #58
Strike
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sly
On the chin issue...

I can guarantee that Enzo Maccarinelli has a worse chin than David Haye. David will be the first to admit his chin is hardly Toney-esque, but find me an example of him being shaken by a shot to the chin. Thompson? No. Mock? Temple. Mormeck? Temple. Twite? Temple.
**** it, maybe he has a glass temple. Whatever, the guy can take a shot. He's taken FLUSH shots from Danny Williams, Sultan Ibragimov, Alex Gurov, Kelvin Davis and a ton of other heavyweights in the gym - a lot of the time without headgear.
Hmmm....you must know him, so I am interested when did Gurov crack him on the chin? In their fight he starched Gurov in 1, so unless they sparred I dont see it.

I don't care about chin, temple etc...to me it is punch resistance, yes a temple shot is worse but when Mock has you gone you know you have a shit resistance.
Guys like Tua etc have been caught on the temple and it is not an issue.
Strike is offline  Top
Old 11-13-2007, 04:13 PM   #59
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strike
Macca cannot take a good shot, he was stopped by Swaby and he was nearly KO'd by Bruce Scott. I watched that fight and Macc was done, but credit came back with a brutal KO win.

But the big issue is that for all his crap fights and his bullshit, Macc has gone away and worked. His defence is 10 times better than it used to be and he has worked on his stamina etc to improve his resistance etc.
**** me! Thats a blast from the past! Great bout that was! Bruce nearly upset the Enzo applecart for good.Shame he was too old
Old 11-13-2007, 07:55 PM   #60
stake501
Contender
ESB Senior Member

i cant believe this argument is going on.......who has Macca beaten? Who

Is there anything to suggest Macca could beat Mormeck....beating braithwaite who had been pretty inactive for two years is the highlight so far...although to be fair its not the deepest division talent wise.....which makes macca lack of ambition even more startling
stake501 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum