Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 05-19-2010, 05:19 PM   #46
SugarRoy
Journeyman

vCash: 500
Default Re: Fighters your emotionally attached to..

Froch, no idea why but don't get excited about any other UK fighters.
SugarRoy is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2010, 05:36 PM   #47
cheekyvid
Detroit, I shall return.
ESB Addict

vCash: 4289

i think its his total dedication, his straight talking, and that last round KO of taylor, but i love Carl Froch. theres something special about him, and the way he is
no homo
cheekyvid is offline  Top
Old 05-19-2010, 05:39 PM   #48
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyvid View Post
i think its his total dedication, his straight talking, and that last round KO of taylor, but i love Carl Froch. theres something special about him, and the way he is
no homo
yeah i know what you mean i'm the same. was gutted for few days after his loss to Kessler. Every Interview i'm in stitches..he hilarious at times.
Mandanda is offline  Top
Old 08-10-2010, 03:44 PM   #49
tommygun711
The Future
East Side Guru

vCash: 102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadonna Kool View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I want to know, what fighters your emotionally attached to..? beyond fan and a supporter.

I don't care if, no one reads what i'm about to write....well as long as one person reads it.......i'm ok with that.

Why the hell would you want to be attached to someone like THAT?
tommygun711 is offline  Top
Old 08-10-2010, 03:54 PM   #50
EnglishWay
KO King 2010
ESB Addict

vCash: 1197

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandanda View Post
yeah i know what you mean i'm the same. was gutted for few days after his loss to Kessler. Every Interview i'm in stitches..he hilarious at times.
im still hurting , i'll get over it when he gets the belt back.
EnglishWay is offline  Top
Old 08-10-2010, 04:22 PM   #51
Fantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyDogg123 View Post
Danny Williams! Never kno whos turnin up... Mark Potter knockout is EVERYTHING this country is based on! The Tyson fight, everyone knows he fought a shot tyson but he ate bombs from mike and wouldnt be denied, in Mikes backyard! LEGEND
Im with you on this.

And Nigel Benn
Fantom is offline  Top
Old 08-10-2010, 04:34 PM   #52
WalletInspector
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
You know...like football fans are to there team, like all the Liverpool fans.
What the **** does that mean?
WalletInspector is offline  Top
Old 08-10-2010, 04:36 PM   #53
White Tiger
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I want to know, what fighters your emotionally attached to..? beyond fan and a supporter.

I don't care if, no one reads what i'm about to write....well as long as one person reads it.......i'm ok with that.

I've never really been emotionally attached to a fighter since Mike Tyson. I wasn't a fan, i was there with Mike Tyson inside of the ring, i was almost in his corner in his last years.

What memories he gave me..............i remember crying myself to sleep when Mike Tyson lost to Kevin Mcribe. I wasn't one of these Mike Tyson fanatics that where stupid, who thought he would beat king kong.......i was a realist.

I was put on a week long depressed and angry state, when Mike Tyson was beaten by Lennox Lewis. "I was a fan of Lennox Lewis" but not emotionally attached.

You know...like football fans are to there team, like all the Liverpool fans.

When Mike Tyson retired, i became very bitter towards him. Pretty much like Teddy atlas, and that's when i started to become real about Mike Tyson.

You see i hold Evander Holyfield and Lennox Lewis in higher regard.

But Mike Tyson was just something else, and i don't think another boxer will ever grab a hold of me like Mike Tyson did.

These days, I'm a fan of fighters. But i can leave the room, and run to the kitchen to get a drink. And carry on listening to the fight from afar, its no big deal. Sometimes even though I'm supporting a fighter, if it's become a one sided fight.

I actually want the other guy, to start fighting back more. Tag the fighter I'm supporting, and hurt him, ohhhhhhh what the hek smack him about abit.

Just for my own satisfaction and entertainment, you know...its makes it more an event.

But..

When Mike was fighting i couldn't leave the room. I was on the edge of my chair, and at times i just couldn't bare the pressure. Before a fight, i felt nervous as hell and would pace up and down my living room...as if i was preparing to fight myself...........unbelievable feeling.

"it was like being on some kind of psychological drug"

No fighter since has ever did this to me, many people on here may think I'm a bigger fan of Roy Jones Junior. Because i very rarely speak about Mike Tyson, in recent threads ive even made comments like this........

"Can't find the thread...but i was stating that Larry Holmes would beat a prime Mike Tyson and some other stuff"........search engine if ****ing shit!!!!!

Because in a way, i was left hurt by how Mike Tyson left the game. We all waited patiently, for the old Mike Tyson to return, like Christians and religious folk hold on....they just hold on.

"And wait for Christ to reappear........."

I hung on his every word, and interview week after week. Maybe it was because i was young, and i was at the influential stage in my life "when you look up to people", but when you become a man, things change....and you want people to look upto you................

"I'm second to no one..."

I'm quite a arragont person, i compare myself to David Haye. I'm not a bad person, but by my own admittances I'm a primadonna, but my heart is in the right place, thats all that matters. Very few people can get to my heart in life, but Mike Tyson was one of those people.

Ive never returned to TysonTalk.com since his final fight, i don't watch his fights on a daily basis like i used to, or listen to interviews over and over again, and i don't speak of him to friends or during training.

But sometimes when i'm training, and no one's around. "I still want to be like Mike"...i may walk in the pub in a nice fitted t-shirt, with my traps and shoulders on display.

And as i make my entrance, i will twitch my neck back and fourth. "And nod to afew local peeps.........just like Mike.

He was not a superstar, he was beyond that.

This might sound gay, but it must of been love. Or something like it, and some people say your heart can only love once.

Fighters like Audley Harrison, Danny Williams, Roy Jones Junior, Evander Holyfield have got my respect.........but its just not the same.

And i don't know if it ever will be...

White Tiger is offline  Top
Old 08-10-2010, 05:03 PM   #54
blueballs1978
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

That bit highlighted in green is class.

For some reason I was gutted when Clinton Woods retired - he made the most of his talent, possibly overachieved and never turned into a **** which i really respected, although he did retire at the right time. Wasn't as gutted anywhere near the Tyson love going on here though!!!
blueballs1978 is offline  Top
Old 08-10-2010, 05:15 PM   #55
NO MAS
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Barry McGuigan and Michael Watson...
NO MAS is offline  Top
Old 08-10-2010, 06:49 PM   #56
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueballs1978 View Post
That bit highlighted in green is class.

For some reason I was gutted when Clinton Woods retired - he made the most of his talent, possibly overachieved and never turned into a **** which i really respected, although he did retire at the right time. Wasn't as gutted anywhere near the Tyson love going on here though!!!
Thanks...
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Old 08-10-2010, 06:50 PM   #57
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

I can also remember watching this, and feeling abit sad. Roy Jones was prob the last boxer i cared about, but not nearly as much as Mike Tyson.

Like i said before, it must of been love.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9QQVMhSjVg[/ame]
Old 08-11-2010, 07:23 AM   #58
avidlemon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Excellent thread this, and great post from PK. I love reading stuff like this and realising that boxing means this much to people.
I follow football, and used to be a bigger fan of it than boxing, but i think i have truly made the crossover, boxing is the one for me.

Now all i gotta do is sort out my straps and shoulders and i am ****ing sorted
avidlemon is offline  Top
Old 08-11-2010, 04:24 PM   #59
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by avidlemon View Post
Excellent thread this, and great post from PK. I love reading stuff like this and realising that boxing means this much to people.
I follow football, and used to be a bigger fan of it than boxing, but i think i have truly made the crossover, boxing is the one for me.

Now all i gotta do is sort out my straps and shoulders and i am ****ing sorted
Are you gonna lauch a assault on the sport of boxing..?
Old 08-11-2010, 04:34 PM   #60
Guy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Hope Ricky Hatton is happy in his life out of the ring.

He could be a real British success story, done well in the game got out but still involved in boxing from the outside.
Guy is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum