Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 08-10-2010, 01:56 PM   #1
JasonGQ

vCash:
Default Golovkin fighting for WBA Title against M Nunez, 21-1-1 (19 KO)

Gennady Golovkin, Olympic Silver Medalist has looked sensational as a pro thus far into his career, and he is finally having a title shot against unknown Colombian Milton Nunez in Panama this Saturday, Aug 14.

Golovkin is perhaps the best fighter in the Universum stable, and Universum has befallen harsh times lately. A lot of pressure will be on Golovkin.

What can anyone tell me about Milton Nunez? Milton is 21-1-1 (19 KO).

A lot of KO's would suggest he's got some power. Milton's best win is against Diego Castillo, who comparitively lost to guys like Aslanbek Kodzoev and Fulgencio Zuniga.

Does anyone know anything about Milton Nunez? Any amateur experience?
Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2010, 06:42 PM   #2
Nosbor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Golovkin fighting for WBA Title against M Nunez, 21-1-1 (19 KO)

I was wondering the same thing. All I saw from his record was that he has been fighting guys with no real experience. Even managing to get stopped by one of them.

Seems like a real mismatch, especially considering what is at stake.
Nosbor is offline  Top
Old 08-11-2010, 11:44 AM   #3
Geronic
Journeyman

vCash: 972

Golovkin isn't in the Universum stable, this is the first Golovkin's fight since he broke his contract with Universum. Now he lives and trains in USA with a new trainer. I hope change is going to be good for him who has great potential.
Geronic is offline  Top
Old 08-11-2010, 05:09 PM   #4
Brickhaus
Packs the house
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geronic View Post
Golovkin isn't in the Universum stable, this is the first Golovkin's fight since he broke his contract with Universum. Now he lives and trains in USA with a new trainer. I hope change is going to be good for him who has great potential.
I thought I remembered reading that the dispute was resolved and that Golovkin resigned a long-term deal with Universum. Same with Gevor. As opposed to Dzinziruk, Maidana, Sturm and Erdei, who all managed to break ties.

Anyway, I've never seen Nunez, but I can pretty much guarantee you he's a standard Colombian with that kind of record. Colombia pushes out a lot of guys with that kind of record, and most of them stink technically because they've feasted on fighting cabdrivers. I'm expecting to see someone similar to Breidis Prescott.
Brickhaus is offline  Top
Old 08-11-2010, 05:39 PM   #5
Eastcoast
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

According to a recent interview with Golovkin, he's free from Universum and looking for a new promoter. I think I read it at the scene.
Eastcoast is offline  Top
Old 08-12-2010, 04:49 AM   #6
Zacker
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brickhaus View Post
I thought I remembered reading that the dispute was resolved and that Golovkin resigned a long-term deal with Universum. Same with Gevor. As opposed to Dzinziruk, Maidana, Sturm and Erdei, who all managed to break ties.
No. The dispute is getting settled in court, will be over and done with at the end of this month. Golovkin's sponsors has guaranteed to cover him financially if things go wrong but they hope for a win, thereby settling important legal questions in German box-managing/promoting.

This is also the reason they make this fight asap, to have it done before Universum potentially can stop it.
Zacker is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum