Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 11-05-2007, 12:23 PM   #16
Bigcat
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Location: The Valley of the shadow of death . Remember a desperate man is a dangerous man !!
vCash: 300
Default Re: cameron vs friday vid and pics

I spent 3 weeks getting Friday ready in Las Vegas and we ourselves were surprised that they gave us the call to go box Shane for his titles.. we were gobsmacked because we have had eveyone pull out on us for years.. We never had anyone come to us for a fight , we packed our bags 10 seconds after being offered the fight. 19-0 was a opportunity to break back into the top 20.. God bless and all credit to Shanes people i hope he can come again he has a lot to be proud of..

Friday is a lot more than his record suggests...
Bigcat is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2007, 05:50 PM   #17
Bobby
***.markdemori.com
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

bigcat, r u a fighter or trainer?
Bobby is offline  Top
Old 11-05-2007, 06:03 PM   #18
Marcus
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Sweet video and news site, poor Cameron, but he will be back. Looked to be a good exciting fight.
Marcus is offline  Top
Old 11-05-2007, 06:17 PM   #19
Bigcat
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Location: The Valley of the shadow of death . Remember a desperate man is a dangerous man !!

I have both boxed as an amatuer and trained fighters, My position with Friday is purely very close long time friend and confident, and advisory , i also have worked in the corner in around 5 of his fights.. I was in the corner in Manheim v Povetkin and for the Ibragimov fight and his win against Thomas Williams in Coconut creek florida a few years ago.... I was in camp for this fight preparations and for the preps of most others including the Domonick Guinn fight which for me was tough because in truth Dominick is a very close friend too.. I felt very awkward doing that fight.. I have been covering boxing on another level for the press since 1990 doing more than 50 fight cards worldwide.........
Bigcat is offline  Top
Old 11-05-2007, 09:46 PM   #20
Bobby
***.markdemori.com
ESB Senior Member

wow thats alot of experience, good to see you giving us some insight on these guys on the aussie board
Bobby is offline  Top
Old 11-05-2007, 09:54 PM   #21
Marcus
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Yeah thanks Bigcat, its good to have you posting on here

I know its pretty early to ask , but whats next for Friday the 13th?
Marcus is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2007, 12:00 PM   #22
Bigcat
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

A realistic fight is with his close friend and ex day to day sparring partner Ruslan Chagaev who is the current WBA Champion.. hopefully !!

Ruslan has been injured since beating Valuev and wants a low key 1st comeback defence of his title. Friday helped Chagaev when Ruslan was based in America with us at Toccos gym.. he has come a long way..
Universum persueded him to move back to germany and fight under thier banner even though his better future lay in the states where he was impressing far bigger promoters.. His wife and kids live in Germany and i dont blame him for returning to be with his loved ones.. Friday always had the upper hand on Ruslan and i think he never forgot that.. We have already een told that the impressive nature of the win could award us with a decent rating placement with the WBA if we are presented with such an opportunity.

Its just in its primary stages as of yet , but a title fight would be fantastic..

It only seems like 5 minutes since we put Ibragimov on the deck twice in Georgia before losing on a terrible cut in the seventh when we were starteing to break his resolve.. and he is now the WBO champ..

One thing you may not know is that a day before flying out to New Zealand we had a bad sparring session with fellow Nigerian Teke Oruh when a head clash opened up that very same cut and almost ruined the whole Cameron trip.. The eye was bleeding badly and he needed to rest it for a full week before the event.. Cuts weren't our problem for once on this ocasion thank the lord.. God bless..
Bigcat is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2007, 07:33 PM   #23
ozziebattler
Shadow Boxer
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tuaman
Cameron will sell tickets inthe states because of his blood and guts fights, he's powerful, always in shape, fights in a phone booth he could make some decent $$$ fighting top contenders and putting on Gatti like fights but I dont see him winning any titles or even comming close!

Luis Tapia was correct when he aid Reinsfield (shanes manager) was naive, and that Cameron isnt in Fridays league
Wasnt in Friday's league??

Im pretty sure Cameron was winner the fight on points at the time of the stoppage...

Friday seized the opportunity with the cuts etc and won the fight in brilliant fashion.

But to say Cameron wasnt in Fridays league is a pure cop out..

Cameron is atleast putting in the effort rather then sitting around eating corned beef like the TUAMAN...

Talk about wasting your talent...
ozziebattler is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2007, 01:02 PM   #24
Bigcat
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

what the hell did the win have to do with cuts , if he panicked it was because he truly wasn't ready and in such an event that in itself proves that over all he isn't in Fridays league.. The fight wasn't stopped on cuts, it was stopped because of the savage knockouts when he couldn't stand the 12 rounds of pressure.. You are only good enough to win on points when you can see it right through a full 12 winning on your feet... He was hurt, panicking, bleeding and got knocked over twice then stopped.. Because he has never been confronted by anything like that before.. He had never fought atthat level.. wasn't in the same league..
Bigcat is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2007, 01:03 PM   #25
Bigcat
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Tua would kill him..
Bigcat is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2007, 06:20 PM   #26
maco_187
Belt holder
ESB Addict

bigcat, while i know your biased i just recently watched the whole fight, and friday has got a great chin on him, he was hurt a few times through that fight though and was quite shaky at times(so to say cameron isn't in his league is stupid to me)... cameron was winning that fight by about 2-3 rounds i reckon going into the last and all he had to do was stay out of the way, however he was bleeding so bad and punches that friday was throwing in the 7th or 8th round that cameron was slipping and countering he just got caught with at the end.... in a rematch ill tip cameron because this is his first loss, and hell learn a hell of a lot more in defence, out of that fight cameron made a fan out of me, he is still young and has alot of time on his side, he can really push there to be a top flight contender potential belt holder in my opinion, friday isnt really active enough, if he was more active he could seriously cause damage, (thats not a dig at him by the way) it would be great to see a rematch but i dont think friday will want that, hell be going for bigger fish?
cheers....
maco_187 is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2007, 07:16 PM   #27
Diomedes

vCash: 3900

BigCat, I've got to disagree with you. Now, I dont think that Cameron can be a top 10 fighter simply because of his skin, I've thought that for some time and I think the fight should have been stopped based on the cuts he had, but he was winning for much of the fight - dont you agree?

I havnt seen Friday before this match, so if you're telling me he was off form in the first 6-7 rounds, then I may be wrong. Watching those rounds though, Cameron was clearly winning. Friday won in the end, but he didnt dominate the fight.

Answer me this - if Shane and Friday were to fight 10 times, how many would you expect Friday to win, and how many would you expect Shane to win?

Based on what I saw, and Shane's skin, I think Friday might achieve 6/10. That's not a league above.
Diomedes is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2007, 09:29 PM   #28
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcat
Tua would kill him..
Damn right there.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 11-10-2007, 12:20 AM   #29
ozziebattler
Shadow Boxer
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcat
Tua would kill him..
who said that he wouldnt..???

Big cat wasnt saying much during the round by round until it was announced the fight had been stopped tko to Friday the 13th.

Now Cameron isnt in Fridays league on was in way too deep..

Scorecards at the time of the stoppage dont seem to reflect that..

Fair enough Friday is your good mate and ofcourse you will be proud of him winning a fight,but you are starting to dribble abit now.

It was a tough fight that either man could of won and Friday with Heart and determination steamrolled over Cameron in the latter rounds.

He seen the opening with Camerons tentativeness towards the latter rounds mainly due to his excessive bleeding(Brought upon by Fridays fists) and took full advantage with several big punches.

Friday won the bout and was the better man on the day but saying Cameron was out of his league is a joke.
ozziebattler is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2007, 07:47 PM   #30
Bigcat
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Friday traveled into Shanes back yard , I wonder if Shane would have gone and faced Friday in Las Vegas to defend his belts.. Its just how i expected ,a close fight that was always going to be swayed by the fact that Shane the mountain warrior is fondly the local hero and more favorite in a close fight.. We had to get the KO.. and fortunately we did..

I wonder if Shane would have knocked Ibragimov over if they ever met..

I wonder if Shane would have taken Povetkin to a points decision considering most everyone had fallen inside the limit.. Bostice etc.. Mayfield, Bango ...

Shane showed courage but all the talk about cuts etc is irrelevent, Shane lost via stoppage and cuts were just something he had to compose himself through..

God bless... But Shane has to rethink before he starts underestimating men like Friday and Dave Tua... He panicked when he should have been calm, its shows inexperience and signs of being a bit wet behind the ears at the highest level.. A stoppage of Mirovik isn't quite the same class as a bout with a real warrior..
Bigcat is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum