Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-13-2007, 05:17 PM   #31
maciek4
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: How does one score fights, in general?

Everything has to be taken into account. Clean punches are probably the main criteria but also the effectiveness of the punches, the ones that shake, wobble , hurt opponents are scored the highest. Blocked punches are better than nothing.
maciek4 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2007, 05:21 PM   #32
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP

Decebal is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2007, 05:23 PM   #33
rochsolloch
stephen chinnock
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1963

agression,ring control ,clean punches landed,and defense.

i cannot stress this enough 80 per cent of those judging the mega fights couldnt judge 2 flies going up the wall seriously where the **** do they get these morons from?
rochsolloch is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2007, 05:31 PM   #34
rochsolloch
stephen chinnock
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rey
I simplify it a bit.

I put the most emphasis on clean and effective punching, and then I take all the other things such as ring generalship and what not and bunch them all into one category.

So basically I judge on effective punching and overall work.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

agression,ring control ,clean punches landed,and defense

the rules states this clearly.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:37 PM   #35
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decebal
One thing I don't understand...look at this scenario:

Figher A gets the better of fighter B very slightly IN EACH ROUND...so he wins a very wide UD, 120-108, say.

However, if, INSTEAD, fighter A had got the better of fighter B by quite a substantial amount, but not by complete shutout IN 5 ROUNDS, but B had done slightly better in the other 7 rounds than fighter A, fighter B, would win a narrow UD, 116-114, say.

How can there be such a discrepancy? How can this system of scoring be fair? Surely, in both cases the correct score should suggest a narrow decision for figter A...with the decision being slightly narrower in the second scenario...no?

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Another thing I would like to ask about...

If, say, 4 rounds in a fight are very even, and fighter A wins all remaining 8 rounds but just very narrowly, does he win the UD by * rounds, or do you give post facto to fighter B some of the even rounds, calling it closer than, say, 120-112? In my opinion, you should...otherwise what is the point of the scoring system anyway if it doesn't discriminate very much according to how close the rounds were, unless it's a complete shutout in a certain round?

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Many thanks for your answers!
Decebal is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2007, 05:38 PM   #36
rochsolloch
stephen chinnock
ESB Senior Member

i think an independant board should be set up by the commissions so the judges who score fights erratically are held to answer and explain their choices.im positive backhanders are rife in boxing we all suspect it.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:01 PM   #37
iceman
Tis my Island
ESB Addict

vCash: 12406665

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rey
I don't know mayn. It's prety damn ridiculous in boxing to know that there are many ordinary fans who could judge fights better than the proffesional judges themselves.
Ordinary fans are not being paid off
iceman is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2007, 08:13 PM   #38
Illstate
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfmeister
So if that's how the bottom line in da scoring business and is that simple, how come a classy boxer takes some "jabs" from a bully, street fighter clubbin & slammin puncher and loses the fight on the cards? I won't mention names but anyone can make out and whateva crosses your mind... I believe people like to see guys getting hit hard, shoulders, back of da head, plenty of blood and balls and pick the stronger guy to win... Oh, and I'm speakin 2 Illstate, so keep ur replies to urselves if you please.
I said that's how I see the fight myself. I guess maybe you misunderstood something.
That is my bottom line. If you're telling me that's not my bottom line, and you're telling me I really think something else. I guess I have alot to learn about what I think.
Illstate is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2007, 10:17 PM   #39
RafaelGonzal
Champion
East Side Guru

I like to see who dominates a round if no one clearly dominates that round its a draw, you dont have to automatcally give someone a round, there can be even rounds. That is what is missing today if round one is a feel out round with not much action its a draw, back in th day scores of 8-5 and two even would happen, when was the last time you saw an even round? effective aggression means you connect with your shots and defense means you stick and move, emphasis on the stick. Clean crisp punches that clearly connect
that simple. Style and looking good thats nice but that glove has to connect on that head or body clean all night long for me to give you points. I dont know what the hell people are scoring these days. I know what ring Generalship is but its so over blown like effective agression . If Im kicking your ass in the ring Im in-charge hence Im the Ring General also Im effectively aggressing if Im busting you face while coming foward. If my glove is not connectig with your face while Im doing any of the above then I dont get points simple as that. No matter how good I look doing it or how hard Im charging blows have to land clean.
RafaelGonzal is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2007, 12:17 AM   #40
thewoo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 950

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman
Ordinary fans are not being paid off
Ordinary fans also have the advantage of multiple camera angles, up close zooms, instant replays and getting time to think about what they are watching. A judge has one angle from one spot in the ring and has to hand his card in at the end of every round pretty much immidiatly
thewoo is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2007, 12:45 AM   #41
Sweet Jones
Belt holder
ESB Addict

You can also go with the simple criteria: Which fighter would you (the judge) had rather been in that round?
Sweet Jones is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum