Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-16-2007, 11:12 AM   #31
K2ray
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why is PBF bothering to fight Hatton?

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidegger
The fight has the spectre of a 'big fight': American Vrs European, Black guy Vrs White guy, both undefeated, so its easy to hype up. But in reality its just one great boxer beating up a chubby bum.
K2ray is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2007, 11:13 AM   #32
valdez
Grand Champ
ESB Senior Member

Dumb ignorant question..
valdez is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2007, 11:16 AM   #33
K2ray
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfmeister
Even though I believe this WBC mandatory title defense and Ricky Hatton's number one contendership position ( and Berto's number two position) is largely unjustified, this up-coming match is very important for boxing in the non-finantial perspective and I explain why in short: Boxing should be increasingly more a globalized sport/entertainment and not just american-based cause there is no rational basis on which we can consider US athletes particularly gifted compared to their latin american/european/african/australian/asian counter parts and thus, every human being should be given a chance to prove that they are the real deal. Ricky Hatton and Floyd Mayweather are honest, dedicated and top professionals, good entertainers that are building the bridge to get us fans closer together and speaking the same language of the sweet science, what is good about it should make up for the many unpleasant things that are brought along.
I have said it many times that it can be one-sided or it can develop into an interesting clash of styles at the highest level, so any true boxing fan should wish for the latter rather than the former.
Dude you generally write some valid points about fights but your suggestion here that Ricky Hugtton showing the sweet science of boxing is bollocks..there is notthing in Hugttons fight arsenal that reads: SKILLS...

believe me it is skills that will win this fight and the only one of these guys who has it doesn't hug the night away (in the ring).
K2ray is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2007, 12:45 PM   #34
PUNCHDRUNK
Darth Booth
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro chris
Well I think Floyd is slagging Hatton off because thats his style.
However some of his less intelligent fans are saying Hattons a bum and its an easy fight (including tasteless remarks about Hatton getting killed). If I were a Floyd fan I'd talk up Hattons chances a bit to make his victory seem more impressive.
They'll probably complain when Floyd gets slagged off for fighting the fat midget that RH so obviously is.
Talk about double standards.
Thanks Chris, one of the few who can see what I'm driving at. I notice Standi, Unbeatablefloyd and the his other bum chums haven't posted on here.
PUNCHDRUNK is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2007, 12:55 PM   #35
Illmatic
Belt holder
ESB Addict

everyone derides floyd for not fighting people at 140+ (despite those people rejecting fights), then he fights an ATG in his first fight at much higher weight class than his natural weight, and then the #8 p4p fighter in the world, and its still not shit to people
Illmatic is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum