Old 07-13-2010, 07:51 PM   #61
kenmore
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 103
Default Re: What now for Valuev?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingFan2010 View Post
Bullshit! Vitali wants this fight but Valuev turned it down again. He was offered 2.5 this time. He has never, nor will he ever fight the klitschko's. If he did fight Vitali, Vitali would show Haye up by getting a KO in the first 4 rounds. Then both Haye & Valuev would look bad, why it will never happen!
I disagree. Valuev and his people know that it's time to cash out. They're not worried about winning or losing; they want to get the biggest possible payday before Valuev's marketability erodes any further. Thus, a big bout against either Klitschko is ideal. Vlad's not available, so Vitali is the logical choice. All this hemming-and-hawing is just Don King bucking for the best price for Valuev. King's not the type to undersell his product.

I'm not saying Valuev's career is over athletically. But I do believe that market-wise, Valuev is on the downside. His people know it's time to strike the deal while the stock is still hot, so to speak.
kenmore is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2010, 10:01 PM   #62
kostya by ko
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

I agree and a fight with one of the K Bros is the only move he can make really, otherwise why not rematch Haye?
kostya by ko is offline  Top
Old 07-13-2010, 11:57 PM   #63
BoxingFan2010
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2217

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11player View Post
Does he stay still and wait for the rematch with Haye with should happen only in June/July?

I think he should better go after the fights that will pay from now on. he seems to have hit the way down on his career and probably does not have more than 3 or 4 good fights in him (just speculating).

A rematch with Haye is not such a good idea as I think there is not much more Valuev can do to win than he already did in the first fight. It's really Haye's fight to lose.

IMO, as he already has the Haye rematch safe, he should go after a name fighter to regain his momentum, someone like Golota, or Maskaev in Moscow, a fight he can win while making good money. Then he may open back the door for a showdown with the Klitschkos (best paying fight) and still have Haye as an option.

Anyway, Valuev has to make well on the time he has left bc he may get trapped into his gigantic body sooner than he thinks.
He should grow some balls and fight Vitali! Then Haye would see how to take the giant out. thats the reason it wont happen. Vitali in 4
BoxingFan2010 is offline  Top
Old 07-14-2010, 12:56 AM   #64
kenmore
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 103

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostya by ko View Post
I agree and a fight with one of the K Bros is the only move he can make really, otherwise why not rematch Haye?
Haye's managers (promoters an TV people) -- the ones who are trying to boost his marketability -- may not want a Valuev rematch. This is because they fear that Haye will win another safe, efficient, but boring decision that turns off boxing fans. If that happens, it will be harder to sell Haye in the US and Europe as an exciting superstar.
kenmore is offline  Top
Old 07-14-2010, 01:01 AM   #65
BoxingFan2010
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grecorussian View Post
I think the recent fight of Valuev against Haye and his loss PROVED that he is not afraid of anyone . And of course not the Klitschko's . If he was afraid he wouldn't have fought Haye in the first place. He would have fought one easy opponent and keep the belt for much longer. He has said in public many times that whenever , wherever one Klit wants the fight he has it... And so he said to Haye... Why be afraid ? One loss is always in the schedule... Nobody will be world champion for ever
About his future...I don't know. Probably one title shot in the near future and then retirement. He will always be in our hearts, as the first russian to reach the top in professional heavyweight boxing and put his name next to the name of the legends of the sport
Thanks for the memories!!!
WTF.....Do you know how long the klitschko's have been trying to fight him, with him saying NO! Get your shit straight. Were talking YEARS!
Old 07-24-2010, 03:47 PM   #66
11player
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Valuev is waisting precious time of his career, he is sliding down, has few meaningfull fights on his career before becoming a gatekeeper.

By now, it should be clear if Vitali will put the old 2.5m offer back on the table or not.

Valuev should just get a win, to build up his rematch with Haye.

Valuev vs Tye Fields - Batle of the Giants - that should get some attention.
11player is offline  Top
Old 07-28-2010, 02:28 AM   #67
Grecorussian
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 685

In an interview (fightnews) he said he will be fighting in autumn. But not Haye or Solis.He didn't mention any possible opponents. He also said that he had a coffee with Vitali in Peter
Grecorussian is offline  Top
Old 07-28-2010, 04:50 PM   #68
BoxingFan2010
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casamayor122 View Post
The rematch with Haye is a no brainer as far as I'm concerned. The Klitschkos will never fight him now that he doesn't have a belt. I can't see anyone fighting him except a young contender with something to prove. The Haye rematch is his retirement fund.
Vitai offered him 1.5 M to fight him with no belt, Vitali puts his belt on the line. Valuev said no because Don King needs more money and also wants to co-promote the fight. In English- Valuev is running scared still from the Klits!
Old 07-29-2010, 12:17 AM   #69
SimplyTheBest
Heavyweight Destroyer
ESB Addict

vCash: 1403

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingFan2010 View Post
Vitai offered him 1.5 M to fight him with no belt, Vitali puts his belt on the line. Valuev said no because Don King needs more money and also wants to co-promote the fight. In English- Valuev is running scared still from the Klits!
Co-promote the fight, AND they want to put it on ARD, when they know well enough Klitschko (the champion and promoter) is tied to RTL. It's the exact same shit as Haye is pulling.
SimplyTheBest is offline  Top
Old 07-29-2010, 12:20 AM   #70
SimplyTheBest
Heavyweight Destroyer
ESB Addict

vCash: 1403

If Valuev isn't going to take Vitali's offer and complain....then he and the other ducker Povetkin might as well fight each other. They're in the same stable, so they can't bicker over tv rights and purses too much.
SimplyTheBest is offline  Top
Old 07-29-2010, 12:39 AM   #71
Axe
Champion
East Side Guru

Valuev should take a tune-up against a decent name opponent like Maskaev, rake in a couple of hundred quid, and then cash out with the biggest fight available.

That would be a Vitali fight, as no way Haye gives Niko anything close to 1 mil.
Axe is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2010, 10:27 AM   #72
11player
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Agreed Axe.

Maskaev, in Russia, would be a pretty good stay busy fight.

The rematch with Haye, was probably set in the first contract, with the money split and everything, DKP and Sauerland surelly tied everything up. I'd say Valuev will make at least 40% of the purse, which is more than a million. How much of that money Valuev actually will see is another story, a sad one, IMO.

After several weeks and reafirmations on Vitali's part it's clear the offer to Valuev will not increase, time to move on and maybe chase that fight a little later.
11player is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2010, 02:27 PM   #73
caine
Journeyman

vCash: 500

A rematch with Haye could take place after the Harrison fight and that would not be a bad thing. We might see something a bit better second time around.
caine is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2010, 06:09 PM   #74
11player
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Unfortunate for Valuev to pick up this injury.

Is Valuev still good enough to beat the likes of Arreola, Thompson, Dimitrenko and Peter?

I believe he could make it a 50-50 fight.
11player is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum