Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 11-16-2007, 10:08 PM   #1
dpw417
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 215
Default Harry Greb vs. Max Schmeling 15 rds.

How would Greb do against this heavyweight?
15 rounds.
dpw417 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2007, 08:09 AM   #2
red cobra
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Harry Greb vs. Max Schmeling 15 rds.

What made Schmeling so dangerous was his calculating style of fighting when he was up against an agressive opponent. He would bide his time and give up some rounds to Greb, but would eventually find him with a well placed right hand counter and hurt his smaller opponent. From then on out, it would be curtains for Greb, despite his fast start and being ahead on the scoring. When Schmeling had a man hurt, he was deliberate and cruel. He would have Geb down and hurt in the 10th and administer a cruel beating in the next two rounds and finish off Greb in the 13th for good. Either a 3 knockdown tko or a clean knockout.
red cobra is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2007, 09:49 AM   #3
dpw417
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 215
Default Re: Harry Greb vs. Max Schmeling 15 rds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red cobra
What made Schmeling so dangerous was his calculating style of fighting when he was up against an agressive opponent. He would bide his time and give up some rounds to Greb, but would eventually find him with a well placed right hand counter and hurt his smaller opponent. From then on out, it would be curtains for Greb, despite his fast start and being ahead on the scoring. When Schmeling had a man hurt, he was deliberate and cruel. He would have Geb down and hurt in the 10th and administer a cruel beating in the next two rounds and finish off Greb in the 13th for good. Either a 3 knockdown tko or a clean knockout.
Completely agree. I remember reading that Greb commenting on a fight with Dempsey stated "I'd give him hell for six rounds"
I think the fight plays out just like you stated..using the Schmeling/Walker fight as a yardstick. I'm not really certain about it, but as a MIDDLEWEIGHT Do you guys think that Walker exceeded Greb later in his career? in a head to head sense?
dpw417 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum