Old 09-04-2010, 11:57 PM   #61
stewy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: nathan briggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBerry View Post
Ah, I see what you're saying, and this will sound like a contradiction, they are certainly a victim of crime and a victim of the moment, but to still be a suffering victim many years later? They surely have been living with a victim mentality throughout their life.
with comments like this it is not hard to see why somebody called you a moron
stewy is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2010, 03:02 AM   #62
Bollox
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

I see Darren's made some friends here already. Go get 'em son
Bollox is offline  Top
Old 09-05-2010, 03:37 AM   #63
boxoncottonon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 850

Quote:
Not to trivialize the situation Patrick, and I don't pack heat my sarcastic friend (by the way I love sarcasm and in no way offended by it, I use it often). I'm no hard man, not by any means. But from what I've seen since I was a toddler, a stick up is trivial.
What's less trivial is the mental state and desperation of some one who was once a hero to some if not many.
I saw untold horror during the Cambodian war when I was a toddler, was stabbed in St.kilda when I was twelve I was shot at when I was thirteen, and hit by the ricochet. I have boxed kickboxed and fought MuayThai and worked in some of the roughest venues in Melbourne.
I'm not trivializing armed robbery, in the big picture it is trivial. The only real victims are the ones that where born victims. If some one is still struggling with some desperate intimidating them for some money that wasn't theirs fifteen years later, then they're not a victim of crime, they where born a victim.
DB, born a victim way over simplifies what turns switches on and off in the brain
Many many former Australian soldiers, police offices, nurses, fireman, ambulanmce ofices...etc...etc...all suffer from degress of post traumatic stress from incidences at the same level as a local victim of crime or on seeing a massacre....do you class these troubled people as born victims.
You have outlined your experiences and I gather you base your opinion on your own way of having coped and moved on with confronting moments...good work.

Your rationale about being born a victim just doesn't make sense.
People become victims and can continue to be victims by conditioning inflicted by others with a intent to control.

How being born a victim can apply to an everyday Joe trying to deal with a life or death situation while going about thier everyday business and still finding it difficult to rationalise years later escapes me.

I believe this to be even more so when they have not been trained or conditioned to deal with or instigate unwarranted violence upon others....I mean by way or training in violent disciplines be they sport or career.
boxoncottonon is offline  Top
Old 09-05-2010, 06:12 AM   #64
LeonMcS
The Mayor of Kronkton
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Yeah, those bloody Vietnam vets should just grow up and stop having such a victim mentality.
LeonMcS is offline  Top
Old 09-05-2010, 08:36 AM   #65
DBerry
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewy View Post
with comments like this it is not hard to see why somebody called you a moron
Every body faces traumatic events throughout their life, life threatening situations more often than they realize, yet most seam to be able to deal with it then put it behind them and move on, others like to dwell on being a victim any way **** you dickhead.
DBerry is offline  Top
Old 09-05-2010, 08:38 AM   #66
DBerry
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxoncottonon View Post
DB, born a victim way over simplifies what turns switches on and off in the brain
Many many former Australian soldiers, police offices, nurses, fireman, ambulanmce ofices...etc...etc...all suffer from degress of post traumatic stress from incidences at the same level as a local victim of crime or on seeing a massacre....do you class these troubled people as born victims.
You have outlined your experiences and I gather you base your opinion on your own way of having coped and moved on with confronting moments...good work.

Your rationale about being born a victim just doesn't make sense.
People become victims and can continue to be victims by conditioning inflicted by others with a intent to control.

How being born a victim can apply to an everyday Joe trying to deal with a life or death situation while going about thier everyday business and still finding it difficult to rationalise years later escapes me.

I believe this to be even more so when they have not been trained or conditioned to deal with or instigate unwarranted violence upon others....I mean by way or training in violent disciplines be they sport or career.
Fair Call
DBerry is offline  Top
Old 09-05-2010, 09:15 AM   #67
Marcus
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Hang on, some faceless wonder called me a ****ing moron from the safety of his anonymity, I just told him my location should he be man enough to say it person to person, as is how I usually like to do business, face to face. I haven't mentioned any thing in the terms of a physical altercation.

He didnt call you a ****ing moron, He asked you a question.

"if you take something like this lightly? then your a ****ing moron"

then you said......

"Well then im a ****ing moron"

you called yourself a ****ing moron
Marcus is offline  Top
Old 09-05-2010, 08:22 PM   #68
stewy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

[quote=DBerry;7689007]Every body faces traumatic events throughout their life, life threatening situations more often than they realize, yet most seam to be able to deal with it then put it behind them and move on, others like to dwell on being a victim any way **** you dickhead.[/quote]

the standard response from somebody who does not have the iq to uphold relevant debate....
yep i think moron may have been close to the mark
stewy is offline  Top
Old 09-05-2010, 08:24 PM   #69
cedrichw
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
He didnt call you a ****ing moron, He asked you a question.

"if you take something like this lightly? then your a ****ing moron"

then you said......

"Well then im a ****ing moron"

you called yourself a ****ing moron
At least Dberry knows where he lives in case he wants to talk about it then
cedrichw is offline  Top
Old 09-05-2010, 08:53 PM   #70
stewy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedrichw View Post
At least Dberry knows where he lives in case he wants to talk about it then
i can picture it now... and by his comments here what an enlightening conversation that one would be...

he must just be the toughest, baddest man on the planet. how dare somebody be scarred for life having had a gun stuck in their face. what about our guys that served in all those wars coming back here and having post war syndrome... soft bastards.... i am sick of them just playing the victim all their lives.... they should all be as hard as dberry....
stewy is offline  Top
Old 09-06-2010, 05:09 AM   #71
patrick
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Ah, I see what you're saying, and this will sound like a contradiction, they are certainly a victim of crime and a victim of the moment, but to still be a suffering victim many years later? They surely have been living with a victim mentality throughout their life.

Dberry,

You are so far off the mark it's ridiculous.

Generalising people and situations never works. I know what she was before it happened and I know what she has been through since.

Maybe you or I would have coped better, but to suggest a victim mentality before the incident is just plain wrong.
patrick is offline  Top
Old 09-06-2010, 07:51 AM   #72
DeVoy
Parlor Talker
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

Making a suit out of the eviscerated skin of your murder victims is also a good old Aussie larrikin thing to do.
DeVoy is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum