Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 11-09-2007, 06:52 AM   #1
FROST
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Werner Kastor - the german Larry Merchant?

Werner Kastor is a german boxing commentator for Eurosport. I think he's the german version of Larry Merchant, he's always biased, makes funny comments, sounds always bored and uninterested, mumbles some incomprehensible nonsense to himself sometimes (he sounds like a drunkard), or just says nothing at all for a couple of minutes (except for some sighs), but he has good knowledge about boxing. I think he's more competent than the other german boxing commentators (which isn't very difficult...), he's different, more carismatic, I think he should commentate the big shows on ZDF and ARD, but they might think he's not politically correct enough for them... What are your thoughts?
FROST is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2007, 07:03 AM   #2
Tom_Tocca
The Provider
ESB Addict

Default Re: Werner Kastor - the german Larry Merchant?

Currently, I think the best German boxing commentator is Matthias Preuss.

He has the best knowledge (/w Tobias Drews) and calls the fight in the most unbiased way. He is a sportscaster for Premiere, ProSieben and DSF - I wish he would be offered a job at ZDF to call UBP fightcards, so we would also get rid of the worst sportscaster of them all, Günther-Peter Ploog...
Tom_Tocca is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2007, 08:34 AM   #3
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROST
Werner Kastor is a german boxing commentator for Eurosport. I think he's the german version of Larry Merchant, he's always biased, makes funny comments, sounds always bored and uninterested, mumbles some incomprehensible nonsense to himself sometimes (he sounds like a drunkard), or just says nothing at all for a couple of minutes (except for some sighs), but he has good knowledge about boxing. I think he's more competent than the other german boxing commentators (which isn't very difficult...), he's different, more carismatic, I think he should commentate the big shows on ZDF and ARD, but they might think he's not politically correct enough for them... What are your thoughts?
He is my favourite German box commentator!
I love his comments on female boxing.He doesnt hesitate to call a spade a spade.
Without a doubt he is the best German box commentator out there.
I also liked the commenatry of former German heavy Rene Monse.
A pity that German channel FAB doesnt show any boxing anymore.Monse did a great job there a few years ago.
However,all in all German tv commentators are chatterboxes who strongly lack emotions,knowledge,and the courage to call a spade a spade and spoil the party of some boring actors.
Odo is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2007, 09:10 AM   #4
Tom_Tocca
The Provider
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo
He is my favourite German box commentator!
I love his comments on female boxing.He doesnt hesitate to call a spade a spade.
Without a doubt he is the best German box commentator out there.
I also liked the commenatry of former German heavy Rene Monse.
A pity that German channel FAB doesnt show any boxing anymore.Monse did a great job there a few years ago.
However,all in all German tv commentators are chatterboxes who strongly lack emotions,knowledge,and the courage to call a spade a spade and spoil the party of some boring actors.
What a shame if that's the way you hink about all of them. Matthias Preuss is ahead by miles to Werner Kastor. Do you actually know him?
Old 11-09-2007, 09:33 AM   #5
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom_Tocca
What a shame if that's the way you hink about all of them. Matthias Preuss is ahead by miles to Werner Kastor. Do you actually know him?
Do I know him? No idea,tom!

I usually watch whichever box show is shown on German tv irrespective on which tv channel the event will be shown!
Therefore I guess that I must have seen and listened to his comments on various fights.
Obviously he didnt impress me much as I cant even remember his name.
As I said I like Castor,and I also think that Monse did a great job as a box commentator for FAB.
Sorry,tom,German sport commentators are not my cup of tea!
They usually lack emotions,and I very much hate their arrogance towards certain nations and nationalities.
Like obedient slaves they learn the right pronuncation of any American journeyman or Spanish bum,but cant even pronounce the younger Klitschko' first name correctly.
They also love to spread some English phrases in their comments,and tend to overrate American fighters and underrate fighters from the countries of the former soviet union or eastern european countries.
Thats why I for my part like Castor.
I totally agree with him on his opinion on female boxing,and he is none of those usual chatterboxes who comment the important fights.
He dares to call a spade a spade also known as mismatches,home town decision,boring and lame fights,and so on!
I appreciate his bluntness+he doesnt sound like a faggot who comments on a man making love to a woman.
He knows what he talks about! That cant be said about a lot of German fight commentators.
Odo is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2007, 11:58 AM   #6
razor
Ali hater
ESB Jr Member

Kastor is much better than Preuss. Cool guy.
razor is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2007, 12:59 PM   #7
Tom_Tocca
The Provider
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor
Kastor is much better than Preuss. Cool guy.
Preuss has much more knowlegde about boxing than Kastor - Kastor is plain boring in recent times...
Old 11-09-2007, 02:25 PM   #8
unitas
Contender
ESB Senior Member

**** off, kastor IS THE MAN!!!!

never biased, always objective. never favours german fighters. always ***ist, making comments on the round card girls.

he is the man.

tobias drews knows alot, but he is not objective, always feeling the need to give the local (or local based fighter) more praise, as if he tries to please his employer.

preuss is just a talking head who is totally biased. i hate him.
unitas is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2007, 04:11 PM   #9
kk17
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1249

Kastor is the best he should work for Ard or ZDF
kk17 is offline  Top
Old 11-13-2007, 04:22 PM   #10
FROST
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Classic Kastor again:

Boxing is a biblical sport:
'Geben ist besser als nehmen'
'to give is better than to take'

Last edited by Thread Stealer; 09-16-2006 at 05:49 PM.
FROST is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2007, 07:05 PM   #11
tonikroos

Preuss > Kastor

Kastor is cool ,he talks crap sometimes but has balls enough to correct himself.kastor may be cooler ,but he is not the better commentator than Preuss!
tonikroos is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2007, 07:25 AM   #12
boxexpert
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

i know werner kastor personally.
a true gentleman with a very good knowledge about boxing,combined with a good sense of humor
boxexpert is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2007, 08:58 AM   #13
unitas
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonikroos
Preuss > Kastor

Kastor is cool ,he talks crap sometimes but has balls enough to correct himself.kastor may be cooler ,but he is not the better commentator than Preuss!
preuss is a joke. totally on the take. he is one of those commentators that will only comment on the actions of the local fighter. if the guest fighter connects with something, he will ignore it. a total joke.

this is one of the guys that give german boxing a bad rep.

almost as bad as gunter peter ploog
unitas is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2007, 10:25 AM   #14
Tom_Tocca
The Provider
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitas
preuss is a joke. totally on the take. he is one of those commentators that will only comment on the actions of the local fighter. if the guest fighter connects with something, he will ignore it. a total joke.

this is one of the guys that give german boxing a bad rep.

almost as bad as gunter peter ploog
You must be absolutely deaf...Preuss is one of the most unbiased boxing commentators on German television combined with great knowledge...
Old 11-18-2007, 01:27 PM   #15
unitas
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom_Tocca
You must be absolutely deaf...Preuss is one of the most unbiased boxing commentators on German television combined with great knowledge...
maybe im mixing him up??? isnt he the stupid **** who commented on the last fight by dimitri sartison??

well, the guy in that fight totally took sartisons side and always commented the fight from sartison point of view. what sartison had to do to win.......and shit like that.

before the fight, it was sooooooo obvious that universum wanted sartison to win, even though perdomo was also associated with them.
and of course he had to take sartisons side.

and i think that was preuss. and that guy is a biased ****........as most german commentators are.

gunter peter ploog takes first place in those "biased commentator " rankings. iŽll never forget him in the ulrich vs barney fight!
he has barney clearly ahead through ten rounds, then ulrich looks a bit better in round 11......and suddenly he thinks ulrich could be ahead

drews has most knowlege, but he too is biased. when he commented SES fights with that no hoper dirk dzemski, he always tried to defend the bullshit NBA belt as being at least somewhat credible .
and he never commented on dzemski (a middleweight) boxing absolute bums (and sometimes blownup jr. welters) in "world title defenses"!!!!
that guy may know alot, but he sticks to the corporate agenda........and that is just a pathetic joke.

kastor at least says what he thinks and is objective about fighters.......german, non german whatever. he treats them all the same!! and he has no problem critizing german fighters!!!

comparing him to preuss (if that is preuss who i am referring to) is an ABSOLUTE joke.
its like comparing a propagandist to someone practicing free speach.
unitas is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum