boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 09-21-2010, 01:19 PM   #1
kywoo
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default All about Jan Zaveck (former IBF welterweight champion)

Hello,

Zaveck`s manager met representatives of Paul Williams, Andre Berto and Shane Mosley last weekend in UK. Hope we get some news soon who Zaveck will fight against..it is for sure that fight will be in USA!

So who do you think should be the right choice for Zaveck and also who from above mantioned boxers would gain fighting with him (as he is almost unknown in USA)?

Would like to get your opinion (those that saw Zaveck fight only) about what would be Zaveck chances against Williams, Berto or Mosley?

Winning IBF Wold Walterweight against Isaac Hlatshwayo: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXR2Hnlluts&feature=related[/ame]

Defending IBF World Walterweight against Rafal Jackiewicz: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_t16HQe5NU[/ame]

Last edited by kywoo; 09-04-2011 at 01:40 PM.
kywoo is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2010, 01:25 PM   #2
kolokomandos
GLASS IS NOT AN OPTION
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1050
Default Re: Jan Zaveck (IBF champ) next fight?

Who is this guy?
kolokomandos is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2010, 01:25 PM   #3
Wiirdo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 564

Would like to see him fight Berto so then there's a part-unification.
Wiirdo is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2010, 01:50 PM   #4
Brickhaus
Packs the house
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by kywoo View Post
Hello,

Zaveck`s manager met representatives of Paul Williams, Andre Berto and Shane Mosley last weekend in UK. Hope we get some news soon who Zaveck will fight against..it is for sure that fight will be in USA!

So who do you think should be the right choice for Zaveck and also who from above mantioned boxers would gain fighting with him (as he is almost unknown in USA)?

Would like to get your opinion (those that saw Zaveck fight only) about what would be Zaveck chances against Williams, Berto or Mosley?
Whoever offers to pay him the most. He'd get destroyed if he steps up, so might as well make whatever scratch he can.
Brickhaus is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2010, 01:58 PM   #5
kywoo
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brickhaus View Post
Whoever offers to pay him the most. He'd get destroyed if he steps up, so might as well make whatever scratch he can.
From where do you take that confident he will get destroyed? Im not saying he would win but i bet he wouldn`t be KO or destroyed!
kywoo is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2010, 02:00 PM   #6
Brickhaus
Packs the house
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kywoo View Post
From where do you take that confident he will get destroyed? Im not saying he would win but i bet he wouldn`t be KO or destroyed!
OK, maybe "destroyed" was a bit strong, but he can't beat any of those guys, and he has literally no value if he doesn't have that belt, so he might as well just take the biggest money offer, from wherever it comes. Otherwise, the IBF will end up naming someone like Mike Jones as his mandatory, and he'll lose the title without making any money anyway.
Old 09-21-2010, 02:59 PM   #7
bodhi
So I can die easy ...
East Side Guru

vCash: 1337

Zaveck would beat the current Mosley. I canīt see him beating Williams, Berto is a toss-up with a slight edge to Berto due to his youth. Best matchup would probably be Berto.
bodhi is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2010, 03:13 PM   #8
kywoo
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiirdo View Post
Would like to see him fight Berto so then there's a part-unification.
Who would win would have 2 belts...for both this is the best oportunity as i read a lot how people dont have the best opinion about Berto..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brickhaus
OK, maybe "destroyed" was a bit strong, but he can't beat any of those guys, and he has literally no value if he doesn't have that belt, so he might as well just take the biggest money offer, from wherever it comes. Otherwise, the IBF will end up naming someone like Mike Jones as his mandatory, and he'll lose the title without making any money anyway.
here we all agree that this is Zaveck`s chance to prove what he is worth...after all i read somewhere if he win in USA he would continue for 2-3 more fights if not then probaby he will retire (after all he is 34..starting pro at 27). With win i think boxing is getting more then if he lose as that category need good European boxer.
kywoo is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2010, 03:14 PM   #9
bailey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Zavek is one of those fighters who is too much of a threat, so gets ignored on purpose. America would say hes not a big enough name etc, but should remember hes a world champ who has won on the road.
I think Berto would be a good match up for Zavek, but I dont think Berto would want to risk it against him.
Still it would be a good unification match for both, because all the people who claim Zavek has no worth would then declare him as Bertos biggest win and if Zavek wins he would be a recognised unified champ
bailey is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2010, 03:59 PM   #10
41fever
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Ssm!
41fever is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2010, 04:11 PM   #11
Hozumi's Hook
WHO NECKS!?!?
ESB Addict

vCash: 1900

Berto the fraud aint gonna fight him. He turned down a unification with Hlatswayo, on HBO, for 750k and Zaveck destroyed Hlatswayo.
Hozumi's Hook is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2010, 04:45 PM   #12
Brickhaus
Packs the house
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
Zavek is one of those fighters who is too much of a threat, so gets ignored on purpose. America would say hes not a big enough name etc, but should remember hes a world champ who has won on the road.
I think Berto would be a good match up for Zavek, but I dont think Berto would want to risk it against him.
Still it would be a good unification match for both, because all the people who claim Zavek has no worth would then declare him as Bertos biggest win and if Zavek wins he would be a recognised unified champ
He certainly doesn't have the name recognition, but I suspect someone will pay well for the title shot. He's very beatable. I've seen three of his fights now, so it's not like I'm just looking at his record and guessing. Him and Senchenko are a level down from guys like Collazo and Quintana, and a level up from guys like Delvin Rodriguez and Sebastian Lujan, and probably around the same level as Selcuk Aydin.

I suspect he'd lose to Mike Jones or Wale Omotoso, who are both pretty high in the IBF's rankings, and neither of whom has much name recognition of their own. If he sits on the title and doesn't take a big fight, he'll need to take a risky fight for not a lot of money. He might as well try to get paid while he can. And who knows, maybe he'll get lucky.

That said, if Berto-Aydin wasn't approved by HBO, I doubt they'd approve Berto-Zaveck, since Zaveck has even less name recognition than Aydin. His best opportunities might be Joshua Clottey (sticking the fight on a Top Rank PPV undercard) or Kell Brook (Frank ****** might pay him well to come to the UK so Brook can win a title). And I'd actually fancy Zaveck's chances against Brook, if they go that route.
Old 09-21-2010, 05:14 PM   #13
RSBonos
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

I bet Berto and Mosley go life and death with this guy. One is overrated while the other should retire.
RSBonos is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2010, 05:43 PM   #14
bodhi
So I can die easy ...
East Side Guru

vCash: 1337

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brickhaus View Post
He certainly doesn't have the name recognition, but I suspect someone will pay well for the title shot. He's very beatable. I've seen three of his fights now, so it's not like I'm just looking at his record and guessing. Him and Senchenko are a level down from guys like Collazo and Quintana, and a level up from guys like Delvin Rodriguez and Sebastian Lujan, and probably around the same level as Selcuk Aydin.

I suspect he'd lose to Mike Jones or Wale Omotoso, who are both pretty high in the IBF's rankings, and neither of whom has much name recognition of their own. If he sits on the title and doesn't take a big fight, he'll need to take a risky fight for not a lot of money. He might as well try to get paid while he can. And who knows, maybe he'll get lucky.

That said, if Berto-Aydin wasn't approved by HBO, I doubt they'd approve Berto-Zaveck, since Zaveck has even less name recognition than Aydin. His best opportunities might be Joshua Clottey (sticking the fight on a Top Rank PPV undercard) or Kell Brook (Frank ****** might pay him well to come to the UK so Brook can win a title). And I'd actually fancy Zaveck's chances against Brook, if they go that route.
bodhi is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2010, 05:45 PM   #15
Jab_hard
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000

Zaveck is strong as **** but he has no skills at all. He can outwork and outwill current Mosley but Berto knocks him out easily.
Jab_hard is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum