Old 11-14-2007, 08:45 PM   #1
cheech
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 742
Thumbs up Cutting Weight

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I'm sure if you are into boxing you know about "the secrets" of cutting weight. Everybody has some kind of special technique on cutting weight. Most widely available articles on the internet are done by Martin Rooney. I used his programs in 2007 (four times) when making weight before a boxing fight. The results? Well on one hand I definetly lost a lot of weight and made my weight each time. On the other hand I was tired and felt weak during that time. Not sure if the feeling was due to added stress because of the fights but whatever it was it was impacting my performance. Going forward I plan on trying to get down to my fight weight and stay at that weight. I don't like the yoyo diet I have been putting my body through. Last Monday I weighed in a 180 lbs..... I will get down to 165 lbs and stay there.
cheech is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2007, 03:31 PM   #2
ralphc
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Cutting Weight

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheech

I'm sure if you are into boxing you know about "the secrets" of cutting weight. Everybody has some kind of special technique on cutting weight. Most widely available articles on the internet are done by Martin Rooney. I used his programs in 2007 (four times) when making weight before a boxing fight. The results? Well on one hand I definetly lost a lot of weight and made my weight each time. On the other hand I was tired and felt weak during that time. Not sure if the feeling was due to added stress because of the fights but whatever it was it was impacting my performance. Going forward I plan on trying to get down to my fight weight and stay at that weight. I don't like the yoyo diet I have been putting my body through. Last Monday I weighed in a 180 lbs..... I will get down to 165 lbs and stay there.

Some men have a higher tolerance for dehydration than others. The fact remains is that radical weight loss is dangerous and should be forbidden by the rules.
ralphc is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2007, 11:19 PM   #3
Sarkisian

I totally agree, especially in ams. from now on im not going to cut any weight because i always run a high risk of showing up weak. i naturally weigh 165 and im gonna go 165. im 6'1inch tall.
Sarkisian is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2007, 07:06 PM   #4
boxexpert
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

its completely stupid and not healthy at all.

you fight in that weightclass you feel most comfortable. cutting weight makes you weak mentally and physically.

so, drop this nonsense. if your coach forces you to do so,then get another one
boxexpert is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing