Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 09-19-2010, 02:02 AM   #1
cheech
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 742
Default everlast gloves

these gloves where seventy dollars off at ringside. i got them for thirty dollars. does anybody have any experiences with this glove?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
cheech is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2010, 11:21 AM   #2
scrap
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: everlast gloves

Neverlast
scrap is offline  Top
Old 09-19-2010, 11:24 AM   #3
cheech
Contender
ESB Senior Member

lol - if they can last me six months I would happy witht hat
cheech is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2010, 06:53 AM   #4
PNoyFightFanUSN
Larry Don't Give a ****
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

I'm pretty sure I have a different kind. They've held up pretty well, the heavy bag I've been using on my ship though is just beat to shit and the sand is settled and packed in different places. Feels fine when I wrap my hands and punch until I hit the packed sand parts.Using them for about...4 months now?
PNoyFightFanUSN is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2010, 11:14 PM   #5
cheech
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNoyFightFanUSN View Post
I'm pretty sure I have a different kind. They've held up pretty well, the heavy bag I've been using on my ship though is just beat to shit and the sand is settled and packed in different places. Feels fine when I wrap my hands and punch until I hit the packed sand parts.Using them for about...4 months now?

What ship?
cheech is offline  Top
Old 09-22-2010, 06:07 PM   #6
PNoyFightFanUSN
Larry Don't Give a ****
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheech View Post
What ship?
DDG 68 out of Mayport.
Old 09-23-2010, 04:52 AM   #7
gutto
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I had those gloves there from the pro range, good gloves they will last a while but mine took a little time to break in.
gutto is offline  Top
Old 09-24-2010, 12:53 PM   #8
cheech
Contender
ESB Senior Member

the new gloves came in the mail yesterday and i used the for the first time. when i put the gloves on this morning for the first time i felt like a little kid getting a present. the gloves seemed way more snug than my previous cheesey gloves. hopefully, they stay tight. i think someone else told me this brand does not last very long. if can get six months out of them i would be happy.
cheech is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2010, 03:09 PM   #9
royjoneschin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheech View Post
the new gloves came in the mail yesterday and i used the for the first time. when i put the gloves on this morning for the first time i felt like a little kid getting a present. the gloves seemed way more snug than my previous cheesey gloves. hopefully, they stay tight. i think someone else told me this brand does not last very long. if can get six months out of them i would be happy.
I just received one of those, too. I like how they now put a piece of foam (that you have to remove to use the gloves) in the thumb seam. I used to have a pair of these a few years ago and I returned them because it was way too tight in that thumb seam area.

These ones don't seem to have that problem anymore, and the padding is a little bit softer now.
royjoneschin is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2010, 10:16 PM   #10
cheech
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by royjoneschin View Post
I just received one of those, too. I like how they now put a piece of foam (that you have to remove to use the gloves) in the thumb seam. I used to have a pair of these a few years ago and I returned them because it was way too tight in that thumb seam area.

These ones don't seem to have that problem anymore, and the padding is a little bit softer now.
the tightness goes away after awhile. I actually like how tight the glove feels. my hands feel a little more protected when there is little to give.

Does anybody know if a tight glove is better for your hands? I'm not talking about the area protecting your wrists from hitting something wrong. I'm talking about the hand area specifically around the fist.
cheech is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2010, 11:55 PM   #11
wordisbond
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNoyFightFanUSN View Post
I had the same problem with my everlast nevatear heavy bag till I found a solution on another forum. What I did was empty out the bag (stuffing and hardened sand bags), loosen up the the sand bags, roll up all 10 sand bags in towels, duct tape around the towels, throw them bag into the bottom of the bag, and pack as much stuffing back into the bag. Because you won't be able to get all the stuffing back in, you are gonna lose a bit of weight on the bag, but your hands will amazing when hitting it. No more hard spots on the bottom of the bag.
wordisbond is offline  Top
Old 09-28-2010, 12:23 PM   #12
PNoyFightFanUSN
Larry Don't Give a ****
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordisbond View Post
I had the same problem with my everlast nevatear heavy bag till I found a solution on another forum. What I did was empty out the bag (stuffing and hardened sand bags), loosen up the the sand bags, roll up all 10 sand bags in towels, duct tape around the towels, throw them bag into the bottom of the bag, and pack as much stuffing back into the bag. Because you won't be able to get all the stuffing back in, you are gonna lose a bit of weight on the bag, but your hands will amazing when hitting it. No more hard spots on the bottom of the bag.
Good advice. I have a heavy bag coming for my garage so I'll try that and hopefully I won't have any issues.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing