Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 09-24-2010, 05:11 PM   #1
Youngblood
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000
Default Rival gloves and boots

Anyone have them...thoughts?

The one's I'm considering are these, except in red...

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Youngblood is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2010, 06:04 PM   #2
paloalto00
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 347
Default Re: Rival gloves and boots

I heard their gear is of pretty good quality, you could get cheaper sparring gloves; but getting those isn't a mistake
paloalto00 is offline  Top
Old 09-24-2010, 06:11 PM   #3
Youngblood
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paloalto00 View Post
I heard their gear is of pretty good quality, you could get cheaper sparring gloves; but getting those isn't a mistake
yea what is swaying me to them over some others is that I live in Canada and have been screwed hard before through title with exchange, custom, excises and shipping. Seen the orders double on me. This is free shipping in Canada.
Old 09-24-2010, 06:38 PM   #4
RDJ
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 202

Looks absolutely stunning. I know that shouldn't matter because a boxing ring isn't a catwalk but damn that's pretty. Their ring apparel is great as well, wonder if it makes my ass look fat.
RDJ is offline  Top
Old 09-24-2010, 06:40 PM   #5
cheech
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 742

because you live in canada i would stick to rival. any custom fee's are rediculious.
cheech is offline  Top
Old 09-24-2010, 06:50 PM   #6
tmsbry
ESB Addict

vCash: 14400

boots are nice, anyone here got em? are they any good?
tmsbry is offline  Top
Old 09-24-2010, 06:57 PM   #7
Youngblood
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDJ View Post
Looks absolutely stunning. I know that shouldn't matter because a boxing ring isn't a catwalk but damn that's pretty. Their ring apparel is great as well, wonder if it makes my ass look fat.

not gonna lie. I thought the same.

For the most part I have read good reviews on the gloves, but not really much on the boots. I do like the look of them and the mid size, so just gonna order them in the morning as together it will give me the free shipping. When I get them I'll give a report on how they are after a few trips to the gym.

my machomais, while I enjoyed them and feel I got good mileage out of them...sparring 3 times a week for 1 1/2 yrs plus about 8 fights, are now falling a part hard. When they go, everything goes, bottoms, inside soles, seams, all at once.
Old 09-24-2010, 07:08 PM   #8
RightHooker
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Never worn those boots but the gloves are great.
RightHooker is offline  Top
Old 09-24-2010, 07:41 PM   #9
anthony jr
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 741

iv got them gloves but the lace ups in blue they are the best gloves i have ever used they are so snug and u cant feel a thing threw them highly recomend them
anthony jr is offline  Top
Old 09-25-2010, 06:09 AM   #10
paloalto00
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 347

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngblood View Post
yea what is swaying me to them over some others is that I live in Canada and have been screwed hard before through title with exchange, custom, excises and shipping. Seen the orders double on me. This is free shipping in Canada.
In that case go for it, they are very good quality
paloalto00 is offline  Top
Old 09-25-2010, 01:46 PM   #11
Youngblood
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

thanks for the feedback guys. ordered it this morning, and the shipping is only supposed to be 2-3 business days, not including Sat & Sun. So will report back as mentioned on how the stuff is after using it a bit.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:43 PM   #12
Youngblood
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

okay, well got them today and just got back from the gym, but feel i have enough to go on to give a decent impression.

Gloves: very solid feeling, tons of wrist support and can barely feel the punches impacting on the hands. The dbl strap really helps with the wrists. They feel quite huge first putting them on. Almost too big like you're wearing soccer boppers or something (mine are 16oz). But by the end of first session was getting adjusted to them and imagine they will just feel better as time goes on and they break in. Soft on both partners faces for sparring, and own hands. Really like them and they just feel Quality.

Boots: Very study. Coming off the Machomais which have a very thin light feel, these feel thicker and strongly built. But not overly heavy. Great gripping ability in the ring for quick movements in and out. Lateral movement feels really well supported and again better then the Machomais. Feels like it would be really difficult to roll ankle on. They feel like they need to be worked in a lot more then previous shoes because of the sturdiness, but if I felt I had to fight with them first time putting them on, I'd be okay with that. Only drawback was putting them on. This may be because it was the first time, but it took about 40 mins to do so. haha. They are built sleek by the ankles so you really need to loosen them up and it's very time consuming...just to get your foot into them. Should improve as they loosen. So far love the feel of them. If they hold up and loosen as I expect they will...easily the best shoe I've owned.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing