Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 10-11-2010, 12:31 PM   #76
coog
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: When someone tells you that the have a black belt in karate...do you laugh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beebs View Post
So you have to slightly change the strike, so what? The takedown defense aspect would still be the same.

It's not like a strike to the back of the neck is some super move that is going to win the fight more than once in a blue moon, and it was only outlawed within the last decade or so, there were plenty of MMA/Vale Tudo/NHB matches where it was legal.
So what are you saying? I was saying that in karate, at least i did learn some takedown defence. but to be highly effective at it it must be practiced. the best takedown defense is awareness.
coog is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-2010, 02:37 PM   #77
Johnstown
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: When someone tells you that the have a black belt in karate...do you laugh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coog View Post
So what are you saying? I was saying that in karate, at least i did learn some takedown defence. but to be highly effective at it it must be practiced. the best takedown defense is awareness.

I think he is basically saying that karate guys fought mma trying to do that...and it generally didnt work for them...Karate guys have a bad stance....they fight angled which your be ok against a average joe..but can get you into lots of trouble against a really strong wrestler.
Johnstown is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2010, 03:14 PM   #78
Koa
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

I can just picture Joe Roegan crying when Rashad Evans gets stuffed and vertical elbowed in the back of the neck/base of the skull to unconsciosness by a 2nd degree karate joker.

Seriously, you clown Karate technique too much.
Koa is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2010, 01:37 PM   #79
coog
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Actually wrestlers are trained to shade the back leg . so your back leg is not exposed. It is actually a better defensive position it is just not as good as an offensive stance.
coog is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2010, 09:05 PM   #80
Goose
Russian oligarch
ESB Addict

vCash: 550

alot of experts here wow

karate is good what its made for, building discipline and toughness
its a limited sport just like any other, would it help in a fight against an average Joe, of course it would.

if i hadnt done karate i wouldnt even go to college probably would be a janitor somewhere working for pennies
Goose is offline  Top
Old 10-23-2012, 01:19 AM   #81
Johnstown
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

I think this is the thread that made Stoo hate me.
Johnstown is offline  Top
Old 10-23-2012, 09:46 AM   #82
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

**** off Johnstown!
Stoo is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum