Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing > Training Logs

Old 09-22-2010, 11:01 PM   #1
standing 8countboxing
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default S8C's Training Log

I posted in the general post how today was/is my first boxing training ever. My history is written on there if anyone wants to see it.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

My first session with my trainer was more of a "fitness assessment" It went something like this:

Warmed up for 5 minutes on jump rope, although this felt like hell to me...I had to break twice.

Leg Lifts, Sit-ups, Crunches

Shadow box for him to see my technique, he helped me with my stance and how to throw punches, and of course, to keep my hands up.

I hit the pads with straights and jabs for a few minutes, with him telling me practice turning them over and again, keeping my hands up.

I did two rounds on the heavybag and one round on the speed bag.

Ended with stretching

I was supposed to do laps around our complex but about 3 minutes into today I got a pain in my calf, like a strain, that i've had before, so he opted to forego that. I was thankful, but would have done it.

Some basic info about myself. 27 years-old, 215-220 pounds (was 185 when I graduated high school would like to be around here again) No previous boxing experience, except messing around with the heavybag and speed bag in my garage.

If anyone has any other questions, or ideas, ask away.

I am planning on seeing him two times a week, while working out on my own another 2-3 times a week. As he's my neighbor, I'm able to ask him any questions I have at anytime.

Another perk, invited me to watch UFC fights this weekend...not a huge UFC fan, but slow weekend of fights, and a chance to hang out with him, and meet some other people, or whatever.

Thanks for reading, and I hope to update this regularly.
standing 8countboxing is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2010, 10:08 AM   #2
Kevin_Wright
King of Awesomeland
ESB Full Member

vCash: 326
Default Re: S8C's Training Log

Congrads! Boxing is definitely a great sport. If you stay dedicated you will learn a lot about your body and maybe even life (I know I did). Good JORB
Kevin_Wright is offline  Top
Old 10-13-2010, 05:35 PM   #3
standing 8countboxing
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Ok, sorry for the long delay. The day after I wrote this I got food poisoning from a tapas bar here in Las Vegas. I didn't eat any solid foods for 4 days. Also, during this time my computer broke, leaving me with no way to update it. I have since had three training sessions with the trainer after taking a full week off.

I don't have much time to write right now, as I just got some exciting news - I am probably meeting Mike Tyson tomorrow!

Anyway, I absolutely love the training, I will give specifics on it either tonight or tomorrow.
Old 10-13-2010, 06:20 PM   #4
Mister T
Conquer....
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by standing 8countboxing View Post
Ok, sorry for the long delay. The day after I wrote this I got food poisoning from a tapas bar here in Las Vegas. I didn't eat any solid foods for 4 days. Also, during this time my computer broke, leaving me with no way to update it. I have since had three training sessions with the trainer after taking a full week off.

I don't have much time to write right now, as I just got some exciting news - I am probably meeting Mike Tyson tomorrow!

Anyway, I absolutely love the training, I will give specifics on it either tonight or tomorrow.
Damn bro, that sounds exciting. Where u meeting him (ie. is he giving a seminar or something)?

Srry to hear about the food poisoning. That sucks.
Mister T is offline  Top
Old 10-13-2010, 09:04 PM   #5
standing 8countboxing
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I am covering a press conference tomorrow, so it may be a little wishful thinking I get to meet him. However, just having the chance has me obviously excited. I am bringing a picture of when he fought Peter Mcneeley (already signed by Peter) and the book "Iron Mike." But if I can get a picture would be great, even if I don't get an autograph.
Old 10-14-2010, 11:20 PM   #6
standing 8countboxing
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Ok, I wanted to give a little more about my workout, as I haven't given much information on it yet.

I work out with my trainer every Tuesday and Thursday for about an hour or hour in half. The workout's vary just a bit, but for the most part they go something like this.

Leg Lifts, crunches, squats, mitts, heavy bag, speed bag, and just tonight worked on defense for the first time, with him throwing very slow punches at me. Again, I have no previous boxing experience, so everything is brand new to me.

My main problem is eating well and working out between my workouts with him. I am getting better at doing cardio, of some form of every day. But the food is nowhere near it needs to be. In fact, I don't even want to say what I've been eating the past few days, but writing it out is enough to make me go back to a healthier diet, I hope.

The worst part has been the random pains I get after not working out for so long (honestly maybe 5 years?). First it was my calf, which stung after my first ever jump roping, and hurt for a week. Then it moved up to my quad a week later, lol. Right now I have a bit of a stinger in my left shoulder, that I think it from doing the speed bag. It only hurts when I think about it, unlike the calf and quad that hurt constantly. The calf I had to take a day off, the quad I just didn't do squats.

Probably way too long for a training log, but just wanted to explain what I was up to.

This weekend I'd like to do about an hour on the bags and cardio, two separate workouts
Old 10-15-2010, 12:28 AM   #7
Kevin_Wright
King of Awesomeland
ESB Full Member

vCash: 326

keep at it !
Kevin_Wright is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing > Training Logs