Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2010, 11:49 AM   #211
Alcaldemb
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,164
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Kubrat Pulev pro debut

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirilpp View Post
Yes, it's official in box rec.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Ivo don't expect to learn what is going on from our media. Platov still doesn't have a new opponent, so I'm wondering what caused the change?
Solid fight. Guinn is a tough guy, he has fought better opposition than Platov, and though he has lost a fair number of times but has also blasted out some quality opponents. Solid chin, solid power, and a good skill set, this is a great test for Pulev.
Alcaldemb is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2010, 01:51 PM   #212
Ivo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bulgaria
Posts: 2,679
vCash: 1151
Default Re: Kubrat Pulev pro debut

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirilpp View Post
Yes, it's official in box rec.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Ivo don't expect to learn what is going on from our media. Platov still doesn't have a new opponent, so I'm wondering what caused the change?
It is kind of funny that I get the news from this wonderful community while people who get paid for bringing the news in our country provide nothing basically.

I am worried about the lack of interest in general public in Bulgaria about Pulev's career. He needs a fan base.

What caused the change? It is a reasonable question. I want to know that too.

Anyways, I am looking forward to watching this fight. It is a real test for Pulev.
Ivo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 02:05 AM   #213
Ivo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bulgaria
Posts: 2,679
vCash: 1151
Default Re: Kubrat Pulev pro debut

According to Bulgarian media the fight with Platov is off because it is scheduled for 8 rounds but Platov's people insisted on 10 rounds.
Ivo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 08:00 PM   #214
ludwig
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,137
vCash: 500
Default Re: Kubrat Pulev pro debut

Wow that's kinda weak.

I see Povetkin is scheduled to be on the OCt 30 bill. I'm sure he'd be willing to go 10 rounds with Platov!

Or maybe Teddy would object...
ludwig is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 08:12 PM   #215
Aint no stoppin
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,368
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Kubrat Pulev pro debut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludwig View Post
Wow that's kinda weak.

I see Povetkin is scheduled to be on the OCt 30 bill. I'm sure he'd be willing to go 10 rounds with Platov!

Or maybe Teddy would object...
no way in hell! paltov vs povetkin never gonna happen
Aint no stoppin is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 09:56 PM   #216
desoe
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sofia, Bulgaria
Posts: 56
vCash: 500
Default Re: Kubrat Pulev pro debut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivo View Post
I am worried about the lack of interest in general public in Bulgaria about Pulev's career. He needs a fan base. .
Well, he has 2000+ fans in Facebook already .. it's a good start
desoe is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 10:55 PM   #217
Bigcat
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Valley of the shadow of death . Remember a desperate man is a dangerous man !!
Posts: 10,722
vCash: 300
Default Re: Kubrat Pulev pro debut

Dominick is very up for this fight, Pulev's people may try to pull some funny stuff over in Germany though like Povetkin did when we were imported for him in 2005. I told Dominick to keep an eye open for the crazy shit and not to stand for it.. round changin from 8 to 6.. and times etc being changed at last minute.. just Germany's way of making overseas feel a little un nerved... We signed for a 8 rounder against Sasha Povetkin and we were forced against the wall at last minute by HBO to box 6 because Povetkin only wanted 6 originally.. Pulev doesn't like pressure and when things dont go well in his favour he may crumble against Guinn. Dominick has only lost to decent fighters.. we (Friday Ahunanya) got a draw back a few years ago in Vegas..
Bigcat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 11:09 PM   #218
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 120,001
vCash: 10000
Default Re: Kubrat Pulev pro debut

The thread title can probably be edited by now...
IntentionalButt is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 03:36 AM   #219
Cachibatches
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: From Parts Unknown
Posts: 5,136
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Kubrat Pulev pro debut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcat View Post
Dominick is very up for this fight, Pulev's people may try to pull some funny stuff over in Germany though like Povetkin did when we were imported for him in 2005. I told Dominick to keep an eye open for the crazy shit and not to stand for it.. round changin from 8 to 6.. and times etc being changed at last minute.. just Germany's way of making overseas feel a little un nerved... We signed for a 8 rounder against Sasha Povetkin and we were forced against the wall at last minute by HBO to box 6 because Povetkin only wanted 6 originally.. Pulev doesn't like pressure and when things dont go well in his favour he may crumble against Guinn. Dominick has only lost to decent fighters.. we (Friday Ahunanya) got a draw back a few years ago in Vegas..
Probelm is Guinn has skills, but he often forgets to throw punches. He's got the power, but the pressure ain't always there.
Cachibatches is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 01:21 PM   #220
Ivo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bulgaria
Posts: 2,679
vCash: 1151
Default Re: Kubrat Pulev pro debut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcat View Post
Dominick is very up for this fight, Pulev's people may try to pull some funny stuff over in Germany though like Povetkin did when we were imported for him in 2005. I told Dominick to keep an eye open for the crazy shit and not to stand for it.. round changin from 8 to 6.. and times etc being changed at last minute.. just Germany's way of making overseas feel a little un nerved... We signed for a 8 rounder against Sasha Povetkin and we were forced against the wall at last minute by HBO to box 6 because Povetkin only wanted 6 originally.. Pulev doesn't like pressure and when things dont go well in his favour he may crumble against Guinn. Dominick has only lost to decent fighters.. we (Friday Ahunanya) got a draw back a few years ago in Vegas..
You said that HBO forced you to box a 6 rounder. It has nothing to do with Germany.
Ivo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 05:30 PM   #221
desoe
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sofia, Bulgaria
Posts: 56
vCash: 500
Default Re: Kubrat Pulev pro debut

Pulev wins. Decision.
desoe is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 05:35 PM   #222
Cachibatches
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: From Parts Unknown
Posts: 5,136
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Kubrat Pulev pro debut

Quote:
Originally Posted by desoe View Post
Pulev wins. Decision.
Nice. Did you see it? What was the character of the fight?
Cachibatches is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 05:40 PM   #223
desoe
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sofia, Bulgaria
Posts: 56
vCash: 500
Default Re: Kubrat Pulev pro debut

Sadly I did not :(

I just read a short article about it. It was saying that Guinn had a good start, but it seems he slowed down after the first two rounds. Pulev been more active till the end, so it's 80-72, 80-72, 79-73 for him.
desoe is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 06:02 PM   #224
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 120,001
vCash: 10000
Default Re: Kubrat Pulev pro debut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cachibatches View Post
Nice. Did you see it? What was the character of the fight?
Guinn threw pitifully few punches. Pulev spanked him with his jab but didn't show any good finishing instinct.

If he'd wanted it, Kubrat could have had the stoppage.
IntentionalButt is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 06:08 PM   #225
Cachibatches
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: From Parts Unknown
Posts: 5,136
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Kubrat Pulev pro debut

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
Guinn threw pitifully few punches. Pulev spanked him with his jab but didn't show any good finishing instinct.

If he'd wanted it, Kubrat could have had the stoppage.
No worries. Pulev is a boxer first.

As for Guinn, I predicted this in post 219- though its no great accomplishment. Hell, I think we all knew it.
Cachibatches is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013